Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will I Be Able To Play Warframe On Xp?

valladores

DE, when will I be able to play Warframe on XP? It's been almost 4 weeks and 9 hotfixes later and you've left a lot of people in the same situation hanging.

I think everyone affected by this should post their concerns on a daily basis until DE get the point (squeaky wheel gets the oil) we may fall into the minority but we can make up for this by being the loudest so join me tenno!

Don't be offended,but just yesterday i was with a guy and we were talking about Warframe and he said:"Just you wait.People using 98 will start asking for support soon." And i burst into tears laughing.Why not upgrade from XP?If you can't/don't want to do it legitemately,there's always another way;Just saying.

I know exactly how you feel, at some point i used dual boot with xp and 7, problem was that i used 7 for very little, i was wasting space just to use some programs, in the end i removed it because everything i use and have works fine on xp.

It's true that i might require windows seven in the future to use some things, but as far as warframe goes, windows xp handles it just fine.

Keep in mind they don't know where the problem is, players with windows seven also have issues and for example i don't have issues with windows xp, game runs fine.

It's not an issue only to windows xp users, trust me, it's simply a problem that some players have.

DE has repeatedly stated they are aware and working on it. So I don't think topics like these(serve any purpose) are gonna help(anyone) at this point. Their last Devstream on Twitch shines light on this subject and their efforts.

I hope those affected see it resolved soon.

So I have a perfectly good XP system that ran warframe pre U15 and you guys are telling me to purchase windows 7, reformat my pc install all my programs just to play a game that it already worked on before? Good logic!

Erh... you do realize Microsoft ended support for Win XP in April? Any XP machine is now fair game for any hacker in the world to completely dismantle its security as it starts becoming dated without updates and get ALL your things.

I'd sooner start bugging DE to start devving for Linux.

They are working on it and the update was only two weeks ago.

Edit: 1/20 people are using xp btw.

I am not sure I should be happy or terrified that (only) 1/20 people are cheap to the point that they willingly endanger every bit of data on their machine.

Also, I did a clean install of my windows 2 weeks ago. You realy don't have to download and install EVERYTHING.

See this: http://lifehacker.com/5983652/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-without-losing-your-files-settings-and-tweaks Step 4 is the most crucial of what you need, and you may skip the registry copy.

You don't even have to redownload any of your games. Almost all launchers now do a search of their directories before they start downloading. Only thing you need to do is copy your downloaded game files from wherever you installed warframe: ..\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows and copy the launcher executable.

On a clean install you then just start the launcher, it proceeds to create file paths and associations. Just pause the download , close the launcher and paste the contents of the Cache.Windows folder you have copied into the new Cache.Windows the launcher created in your machine. Restart launcher. BAM Warframe installed without hours upon hours of download.

And this applies to a vast range of programs.

Edited by SKYHEX

You don't understand, security issues are not going to convince ppl to move to windows seven, especially if the user has knowledge on how to avoid those issues in the 1st place.

You can't generalize players by saying they will get hacked, especially when some users have probably more knowledge than you on those matters.

Upgrading to windows 7 is a case by case cenario, stating advantages only has meaning when those advantages apply to the user itself.

What i see alot is ppl who use windows 7 demanding other users to move to windows 7 by force, as if they are the ones in command.

You have to be mainstream by force OR ELSE.......i'll annoy you.

Don't get me wrong, i used dual boot at some point, the problem was that i was doing WAY more things on xp (including gamming) than on windows 7, i am at a stage were i'm unable to fully use the operating system.

Do us a favor, use windows 7, let the rest of us with the problems or the issues, we can handle it.

We apreciate your help but we don't need it.

The issue with players not playing might not be tied with the OS, if a player using windows 7 64 bits is crashing, are we going to disable support to windows 7 64 bits? no.

You do not control other ppl machines, i am responsible for my machine, i take the risks and i can bypass over them easilly.

So I have a perfectly good XP system that ran warframe pre U15 and you guys are telling me to purchase windows 7, reformat my pc install all my programs just to play a game that it already worked on before? Good logic!

THIS. So much this. XP works fine for everything I own and work with. There are games here and there that won't run on less then Win7 now, but I've been playing Warframe without problems for over a year now. I've spent money and 1250h+ of in-game time on Warframe - there is no valid reason for it to not work now, besides bugs that DE (I hope) are fixing.

Erh... you do realize Microsoft ended support for Win XP in April? Any XP machine is now fair game for any hacker in the world to completely dismantle its security as it starts becoming dated without updates and get ALL your things.

I'd sooner start bugging DE to start devving for Linux.

I am not sure I should be happy or terrified that (only) 1/20 people are cheap to the point that they willingly endanger every bit of data on their machine.

Also, I did a clean install of my windows 2 weeks ago. You realy don't have to download and install EVERYTHING.

See this: http://lifehacker.com/5983652/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-without-losing-your-files-settings-and-tweaks Step 4 is the most crucial of what you need, and you may skip the registry copy.

You don't even have to redownload any of your games. Almost all launchers now do a search of their directories before they start downloading. Only thing you need to do is copy your downloaded game files from wherever you installed warframe: ..\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows and copy the launcher executable.

On a clean install you then just start the launcher, it proceeds to create file paths and associations. Just pause the download , close the launcher and paste the contents of the Cache.Windows folder you have copied into the new Cache.Windows the launcher created in your machine. Restart launcher. BAM Warframe installed without hours upon hours of download.

And this applies to a vast range of programs.

Let me tell you something that might shock you. In 15 years of computing and -hundreads- of machines I was responsible for I have not been hacked - not ONCE, because I know how to protect them independently from updates. A good firewall, antivirus and a healthy dose of paranoia are your friends online. As a matter of fact, for most users I'd recommend never using Microsoft updates whatsoever - they've proven time and time again to do more damage then they fix. Heck, every other OS by Microsoft is horrible - proven by Win2000, WinVista and Win8 (arguably 95 when compared to the robust 98), meaning upgrading time-proven systems is a bad idea until 3-5 years of testing is done on the newer OS's to fix the initial problems - and there will be MANY I can assure you. Point is, yes XP is old, but it's also reliable when working with older hardware; Win7 has been tested sufficiently to be worth upgrading to, but I've used it for almost a year and went back to XP for various reasons, mostly having to do with atrocious design decisions of the core system and a then-lack of user tech support compounded by it not playing nice with some older games I still like to have access to. XP-hate aside, this is a bug and needs fixing, regardless of how many are affected (note: enough are).

Edited by DarkVeghetta