Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Please Look Into The Drop Rates Of Certain Mods

cyrus106

Now, before you all grab your pitch forks and roll your eyes at another drop rate thread, realize that

I'm not here to *@##$ about the typical “OH MER GURD, RARE MODS NEED TO DROP LIKE CANDY LIKE THEY DID BEFORE”. No, I personally am GLAD that rare mods are now....you know, RARE. However, the common/uncommon rate needs a serious re-evaluation. For example: I often farm Xini for mods, and I've noticed a disturbing trend of certain mods being dropped ALL. THE. TIME. And before you all try to tell me that the RNG god just needs more blood-sacrifices, I am going to tell you that you're incorrect in this notion. I had a four person group. And as you know, when you pick up a mod, it is different than the mod that your friend picks up when they pick up that SAME mod. Me and my friends tallied up the number of certain mods we found and here's what we found, looking at Nyx mind control and Ember fire ball mods. I swear to christ these things drop more than ANYTHING, at least from infested.

Our mod results(Note: these aren't ONLY these mods, we found others, but these were found WAY TOO OFTEN)

I found 17 mind control nyx mods in 3 runs, and 6 fire balls. The rest were some decent commons and uncommons.

link4355: found 15 mind control nyx mods in 3 runs, and 7 fire balls.

Azjhoolies: found 11 nyx mind control mods in 3 runs, 5 fireballs, and some decent commons

kungPOWninja: found 14 nyx mind control mods in 3 runs, and 2 fire balls

Do you see my point?

In-fact, in the third run, I found EXCLUSIVELY nyx mind control mods and fireball mods, I'm not even kidding.

If the drop rates for infested were intended to be for class power mods, I have no problem with that. But why the hell are they ONLY those two power mods? That's.....really odd. Am I the only one that has observed this?

And I am still open to your input guys, I am not here to be confrontational, I just think drop rates are a bit #*($%%@ up. Thoughts?

I don't have that many i've got like 4-5 and i've been farming xini for 3 days. (Banshee helmet)

I can tell you that my rifle has fire damage for dayz though. :O

95% of my wave 5 rewards are rifle fire damage.

RNG is RNG.  Probably has to do something with being in the same session as those other players.

I have about 20 Nyx Mind Control mods as I find them all the time also.

lol as I was reading this thread I was thinking about the running mind control " joke " we have on mumble. Every time it drops someone says " mind control! " it's pretty sad how often it happens. I think at one time I had 2 pages of mind control mods and 1 page of fireball.

It may be random but it's not random enough.

I don't have that many i've got like 4-5 and i've been farming xini for 3 days. (Banshee helmet)

I can tell you that my rifle has fire damage for dayz though. :O

95% of my wave 5 rewards are rifle fire damage.

RNG is RNG.  Probably has to do something with being in the same session as those other players.

Yeah rifle and pistol fire and pretty common too.

Still, I disagree. Being in the same session with other players is NEVER going to affect what drops, unless the developers intentionally made that function(and who in the world would do that?). If you have ever written say....a randomizer in a Java program. You know that it should be TRULY random. If I made a Java program generate 4 random variables(think: 4 different players), and then print them out in my command line, they are not going to be the same simply because they are all "running in the same Java program(Think: All in the same game session)". Do you see my point?

+1. I see way too many ability mods for some frames (those mods in particular I also see a lot of) and some frames I rarely ever see mods from. I think every frame's abilities in the same rareness category should have an equal drop rate in relation to each other, personally.

Bear in mind that they completely changed the droprates only a few weeks ago. I am one of the lucky ones to have all the mods but I too see some room for improvement for the mod system right now.

I think the major flaw is that especially the rare mods don't have a consistent feeling of value, and I imagine the system could feel better if they did.

Example: Let's say I'm a rather new player with a decent collection of basic mods and now all I really need is a multishot mod. In this situation, multishot is incredibly valuable to me. But the moment I get a single one to drop, there is a very sharp decline in perceived value of the card for me, it would be decent for fusing, but absolutely nothing special anymore.

Now what I could imagine as a rather simple change would be to give us more incentive to fuse in duplicates, especially for high value mods, so they retain some of their original value.

Maybe like this (very rough idea) "For rare mods, if you also use a duplicate in the fusing process, all other cards are doubled in their resulting fusion energy. Only one duplicate can be used in this way per level, and the increase will also only be counted for one level per rare."

Edited by Korevas

Differen't factions drop differen't mods.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

As for your other problem, I get all types of frame cards.

Do you only run def missions in one place or in a bunch of differen't places?  Outer Terminus, Pluto is a great place to get mods!  Don't just rely on infested D.

False, different factions have a higher chance a dropping mods.

Don't believe me? According to your guide, only grineer drop hell's chamber. I've seen 2 in infested defense

How could I possibly screenshot the brief 3 seconds the mod appears on screen? That's an absurd request lad. Besides, I can't get the steam interface to work with warframe, so f12 to screenshot doesn't work

Edited by cyrus106

What about adding a small percentage chance that the module found is related to the frame which you are using?

Say 1% for Rare, 3% Uncommon, 5% Common (tweak the numbers - they are just examples.)

So game says - ooo a mod, what kind is it? Common, uncommon or rare? Applies percentage chance - does it get it?  Off you go.

Edit - you could apply it to weapons, sentinels or whatever other tools we have at our disposal in the future...

Edited by MoobsUK

its funny how someone actually made a post about this when i mentioned this like 3+ times in update threads that are pinned. Nyx mind control fireball/ then u get the constant heat chamber and hellfire wave 5 rewards/ the occasional streamline/enemy radar. Like srsly wtf? the wave 5 rewards are exact samething in grineer and corpus defence.

And for other mods that you constantly get are flechette/true steel/sentinel mods(revenge ghost)/pistol gambit/piercing atk(rifle armor pierce mod).

All these i list right off my head in a blink of an eye cuz you pretty much just get these everytime you run defence missions be it wave 5 or wave 25 same bullS#&$. on that note theres no difference if you do a the lowest level defence or the highest lvl defence (outer terminus pluto) just that the lower level defence is much much easier and you get way more of those repeitive mods so you can sell more and make more $$. Also lower level defence missions have ammo boxes in wave 5 rewards.

Been like that ever since drop patch? but no one listens gg.

One Rare fusion core since the update and i played quite a lot.

i am looking for split chamber since the beginning. never dropped for me.

Pages full of mods that allways drop. i stopped counting them.

Most of all sentinel drops of all sorts.

Rare mods are realy rare these days :)

if you do the same map over and over and get the same mods... try doing a different map and seeing how the loot tables change.  (because they DO change from level to level)

The fact nyx and ember's level 1's are the most common should be a sign its intentional for xini lol.  (Considering what xini used to look like as far as what frames played it mostly)

Edited by TraumaHunter

Try something other than Infested Defense. Loot tables vary greatly depending on enemy faction, enemy level, and I'm beginning to speculate even mission type. I can confirm that the people I play with also seem to collect the same mods I do on a more than frequent basis ... but that's because we all play Infested Defense together. The same loot table.

There isn't a problem with drops. There's a problem with how we're playing.

Edited by WhiteCr0w