Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Recommend De To Start Finalizing/polishing Fundamental Elements Of This Game

Scherhardt

1) Not perfect? NOT PERFECT! Ok let me back up, that argument only applies to the occasional bug that gets fixed immediately. That applies to little Jimmy who just can't throw the baseball more than 6 yards.

That argument, however, doesn't apply to those threads. Any halfwit programmer could go change those values and change those obvious things. That argument doesn't apply to the drop out who's taking meth everyday.

My friend, that argument only applies if the devs themselves had mental issues (morals for example) which I don't think they do.

2) My position is that feedback on past items isn't worth more than a few notes. Yeah, of course I want improvements on beggining stuff, but that won't happen. More important feedback is stuff that is happening now. Making sure your player base doesn't think archwings are a gimmick is one.

3) So now you're attacking my likes and dislikes?

Staff statemaent> Your opinion.

Sorry, but if it says it's beta, it's beta. Whether you like to believe it or not is irrelevant to the matter

If the devs called this game an orange, would this game be an orange? No. Calling this game a beta, while it may not necessarily be an objective lie, stretches the definition of beta to a very extreme degree. 

Why do they do this? Because the beta label benefits them once players start running into problems. If you look, DE obfuscates the beta label in it's advertising and front facing pages. But once you start running into issues?

"This game crashes constantly. I keep getting stuck in walls. I keep losing connection to the servers. The UI is stuck. I didn't get my mission rewards. I can't pick up items."

"Oh. The game is in beta."

Edited by Xriah

The beta term is overused by multiple devs. It's largely designed to give employees and fanboys ammunition. On a realistic note, it's designed to calm the masses because a smaller dev team simply can't fix games as quickly as others. It's an unfortunate necessary evil if you will.

It is, however, abused at times. I'd be willing to accuse DE of that in some cases. Note the word: "some."

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

If the devs called this game an orange, would this game be an orange? No. Calling this game a beta, while it may not necessarily be an objective lie, stretches the definition of beta to a very extreme degree. 

Why do they do this? Because the beta label benefits them once players start running into problems. If you look, DE obfuscates the beta label in it's advertising and front facing pages. But once you start running into issues?

"This game crashes constantly. I keep getting stuck in walls. I keep losing connection to the servers. The UI is stuck. I didn't get my mission rewards. I can't pick up items."

"Oh. The game is in beta."

I'm not saying that "beta" isn't an excuse. It shouldn't be a reason being a faulty game.

However, if you are to classify the game on paper, it is a beta.

Comparing warframe from closed beta to U15, It has had some drastic changes.

The beta term is overused by multiple devs. It's largely designed to give employees and fanboys ammunition. On a realistic note, it's designed to calm the masses because a smaller dev team simply can't fix games as quickly as others. It's an unfortunate necessary evil if you will.

Yep. It's part of the whole eternal beta, early access, customer QA, gray area. 

But I find it distasteful how DE plays both sides. The beta label is whipped out when they need our QA feedback, when there are issues, when there are outages. However, they tend to hide that label in advertising, their store page, their steam page (this is NOT labeled as an early access game), their launcher (aside form the initial agreement which looks just like another EULA noone bothers to read), their cashshop, etc.

Edit: DE really does have to do it though.

But remember:

"Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love."

~ [DE] Drew

And of course:

"Staff statemaent> Your opinion."

/sarcasm

I'd like to clear up confusion. I enjoy Warframe. I've spent a good 120+ hours in the game. However, my sarcasm goes to very great lengths, and I'm not afraid to question the almighty gods (devs).

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

"Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love."

~ [DE] Drew

That is quite an old quote. DE is not some starving indie developer as much as they would like to portray that. Warframe has been available to the public for over a year now. It has releases on both current gen consoles. Here's some other fun quotes:

"Warframe has surpassed 10 million registered users, according to a recent press release" - http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/warframe-registers-10-million-space-ninjas-adopts-space-pets/

"Not even Destiny’s record-breaking launch could dethrone Warframe as the #1 most-downloaded PlayStation 4 game." - http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/23/warframe-downloaded-ps4-game/

I think it's time DE takes off the training wheels and starts acting like a big boy studio.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. DE needs to understand that huge improvements to existing content is more important than adding new content that will ultimately need improvements.

Things like Invasions, Nightmare missions, the Void, Melee 2.0, the mod system, the story/quests and others have a lot of promise, but they aren't getting the depth they need. I'm going to say based on player feedback I've seen that Archwings and Sigils are going to become a part of that list, and I'm betting that player hubs will too (because that doesn't seem easy to do right on the first pass).

So lots of systems need work, but more are added before any can have their potential fully realized. That's not a system that can last, as there are only so many new things old players can be given before they get bored, and only so many things in the game new players can try once and dislike before they stop playing.

I know Rebecca mentioned on a similar post to this that DE is evaluating their management of creating new content to fixing it, but I believe she was mostly talking about bugs. I really hope DE goes beyond that and tries, with our feedback, to expand upon the old systems and add the depth they severely need.

I see a lot of over-complicating. Its simply easier to build on a solid foundation. Outdated and underdeveloped core systems will only hinder the scope of future content.

Its predictable that you'll encounter a greater number of issues if content is added on top of systems that aren't sound. Even as these issues piled up, DE has always worked diligently to fix them. However, the underlying systems have been neglected.

Players have patience as they always have but DE needs to examine their priorities.

I'll tell you what:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

When the lines that states:

Why is Warframe still in Beta? Why are you selling Platinum for real money if it's in Beta?

Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love.

then maybe, just maybe, I'll start to think you might be right. But guess what, THAT line? It's STILL there.

I find the "players will love" line to be a little fleeting nowadays.