Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Recommend De To Start Finalizing/polishing Fundamental Elements Of This Game

Scherhardt

Recolor(not even reskin, back to 80s style) enemy with different stats, with arbitrary ability to stealth which was present previously, timer with insta fail present already in sabotage and nightmare missions, only real addition is tileset rework to get that new room and putting random enemies into some cells, everything except tileset is reused.

I do code, idk what mess would this code need to be for such change to take more than few hours.

UI design probably took more time than changing code, though its not like they reworked whole ui, just put windows showing rewards beneath standard screen.

Everything you mentioned takes time and effort to do. They need make sure the A.I. works properly in these sections, that spawning works, that the new gameplay mechanics work (which by the way, the usage of stealth is used to make sure you don't get caught by the Wardens. That alone proved they can effectively place in stealth). This is an improvement to both Stealth and the Rescue missions.

Then do it. If you think you're so good at it, then sign up for a programming position in DE in order to improve it. 

And they did. The whole U.I. was revamped in order to fit in a more interesting design, they needed to make sure the windows displayed the mods, made sure the mods ACTUALLY stacked and were rewarded.

Davoodoo, I don't like you. I've met with you before and my impression of you ins't good. So I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Goodbye

"As far as improvements, they don't make DE any money"

Care to then explain what this means then?

Oh that...

1) Most players are past the old content.

2) Most old content doesn't generate cash while new additions obviously generate many purchases.

3) Most bug fixes and/or obvious improvements work against DE in terms of making money

4) reviews aren't as important

5) the dev team is small

Edit: changing simple numbers is easy in coding (at least in java)

you just have to track everything and make sure it is not in chaos in the actual code

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Everything you mentioned takes time and effort to do. They need make sure the A.I. works properly in these sections, that spawning works, that the new gameplay mechanics work (which by the way, the usage of stealth is used to make sure you don't get caught by the Wardens. That alone proved they can effectively place in stealth). This is an improvement to both Stealth and the Rescue missions.

And everything done is minimalistic work needed to make this work without actually changing anything to formula, its pathethic excuse for 2.0, much more could be done to make it more interesting without it being done.

As much as i dont like melee 2.0 and looking at mechanics alone i think that minimalistic archwing melee is far superior system i must admit that making all these animations actually was decent amount of work. Too bad we barely see combo finished but that basically means that all this work was for nothing.

Even dmg 2.0 put actual effrot to change something in how it performs.

Rescue 2.0 could be done with tileset expansion skipping wardens and giving same ability to trigger timer to normal mobs.

You dont need to like me, i dont require or even expect that.

Edited by Davoodoo

There is absolutely NOTHING worse than a game with a bad mechanic that will never be changed. There are lots of them out there. I've played many thousands of them. I don't play them anymore.

True. I am glad Warframe is ever evolving with hopes for improvements everywhere. Even if they did achieve your dreams you would find a flaw, and want them to change it. Sometimes our wishes are more crueler than we imagined...

And I stated that Warframe isn't a parkour game...derp.

When did I state that DE shouldn't improve gameplay?

I just think parkour isn't what should be focused on (especially as it is near useless).

Warframe didn't even have Parkour in Closed Beta. That was added in much later. No wall running. No climbing over stuff. None of that. It was simply run, and gun. The fact we got it is pretty cool though so if the original base of the game didnt have it in early CB I doubt the game was at all originally based around parkour.

Also I hated Titanfall it was a rip off of Brink with giant robots also an equally awful forced multiplayer game(otherwise you fight really REALLY bad AI) with poorly written stories, and the end of Titanfall you flat out didnt care about the characters, and at points the action going on completely overwrote, and eliminated any hope of connection, or remembering who anyone was at all. At least with Warframe we can connect. People like Vor, Darvo, Lotus etc..

Rescue 2.0 was pathetic excuse for 2.0, reward stacking is quality of life improvement which didnt require that much work since we already had this system in game, it should be included in hotfix not as feature of milestone, if something its actually a failure that it took so long to get this done.

Rescue 2.0 was amazing, and they made incredibly cool rooms it was a good step towards interesting stealth mechanics of flying around the room quickly before being seen, climbing above, crawling below, and saving the target. It was always a thrill to even lead them under the floor to safety lol. Reward stacking was something I didn't think DE would give it came completely out of left field, and personally I didn't care for it, but I know alot of people who were happy with it. It took this long because programming isn't easy. Not to mention everything has to be approved, and the heads of each team need to be satisfied along with Steve, and Sheldon...

Let me tell you something... When I was here in Closed Beta we didn't have anything. We had a basic run, and gun game. That was all there was to it. You beat each planet. you get MR. You get warframes from bosses, you get weapons from the shops. No void. No Derelict. No Tutorial. NOTHING. It was simply they drop you in, and go "have fun". Even DE admitted they had no plans to make the game like this in the first place. It was just going to be some kind of arcade shooter sorta, but people REALLY liked it. So they decided to nurture this child into what it is today as an AMAZING game. What we have now if it was the sudden update to what we had in the beginning I would have gone into shock. I had no idea we would be here...

Edited by Arlayn

Rescue 2.0 was amazing, and they made incredibly cool rooms it was a good step towards interesting stealth mechanics of flying around the room quickly before being seen, climbing above, crawling below, and saving the target. It was always a thrill to even lead them under the floor to safety lol. Reward stacking was something I didn't think DE would give it came completely out of left field, and personally I didn't care for it, but I know alot of people who were happy with it. It took this long because programming isn't easy. Not to mention everything has to be approved, and the heads of each team need to be satisfied along with Steve, and Sheldon...

Let me tell you something... When I was here in Closed Beta we didn't have anything. We had a basic run, and gun game. That was all there was to it. You beat each planet. you get MR. You get warframes from bosses, you get weapons from the shops. No void. No Derelict. No Tutorial. NOTHING. It was simply they drop you in, and go "have fun". Even DE admitted they had no plans to make the game like this in the first place. It was just going to be some kind of arcade shooter sorta, but people REALLY liked it. So they decided to nurture this child into what it is today as an AMAZING game. What we have now if it was the sudden update to what we had in the beginning I would have into shock. I had no idea we would be here...

Ofc it was tileset expansion and i mentioned it already as only substantial addition brought with rescue 2.0.

I also was in closed beta and to this point i cant believe how much superior i found mechanics back then compared to what we have now.

If parkour was worked on instead of being left to be buried under endless additions it would probably be awesome, but de havent done that.

Mods 1.0 actually provided reasonable power without overly relying on rng, to this day i cant understand why mods2.0 even happened cause only logical explanation is "you can monetize mods 2.0".

Mastery ranks were always gimmicky but who cared when they were just e-peen enlarger, once they are actually being used for something they become terrible idea.

Potatoes werent problem when we havent got vertical progression, you picked gun you liked, slapped potato on it and enjoyed, but now old random alert system simply cant cover needs for potatoes.

Drops 2.0 havent actually made anything easier to acquire, sure it made spots to farm certain mods which were present in mods 1.0 but they cut how much you can get from it and lowered drop rates across board.

and this list goes on.

This is actually problem this thread covers, de doesnt bother to finish any of their additions/changes, they dont wait with new content until previous content passes quality check and is deemed as flawless as it could get.

De changed arcady shooter with fun concept into garbage dump for random ideas.

Convienently each of them can be montized(which by itself isnt bad) but tries to monetize it by hurting those who wish to obtain it for free, since they obviously havent deemed it worth their money, so instead of working on content which they might want to pay for de would rather make it hell to grind so maybe some % of these guys will buy it out of desperation.

And you know whats worst?? They just added archwing, i love it, i love it to the point where i dont want to play on foot anymore. What i love about it is minimalistic design focused on practical uses instead of overly flashy addition which serves as gimmick. I dont want it to become what rest of warframe is, i want every addition to it having quality control and fixes/improvements till its good enough, but at the same time i cant put same amount of trust that i put in closed beta, too many times de failed my expectations in regards of finishing content.

Edited by Davoodoo

Oh that...

1) Most players are past the old content.

2) Most old content doesn't generate cash while new additions obviously generate many purchases.

3) Most bug fixes and/or obvious improvements work against DE in terms of making money

4) reviews aren't as important

5) the dev team is small

Edit: changing simple numbers is easy in coding (at least in java)

you just have to track everything and make sure it is not in chaos in the actual code

Bug fixes, are against DE interms of making money?

did you just genuinely say that? That couldn't be further from the truth, bug fixes are essential to creating any game. I cannot think of one game which has never fixed or improved it's elements. DE is not only creating a game in a vacuum, but selling a product to the masses. If the product is sub-par it will garner a bad reputation, driving people away from it. While reviews aren't "end-all" discussions on warframe, they can give the game either positive, or negative light.

Also old content can generate cash depending on how it is revamped. Syndicates are a new addition, but i see no way to platinum my way through to the highest rank. Even trading the mods, someone had to have achieved that rank.

Also the dev team is not as small as you think, judging from the dev streams alone there's a siable amount of people working at DE.

It is still nonetheless an improvement to the old Rescue missions. 

Quality of Life can still be an improvement to the overall gameplay, and I'm sorry but do you code? If no, then you cannot say whether it doesn't take a large amount of work to makes things right.

Also count into the U.I. design that the devs had to create for it which isn't easy either.

It's not an improvement when no one cares to play any of it.. so check all the nodes with rescue mission on it... See any squad? Then go to sechura..

It's not an improvement when no one cares to play any of it.. so check all the nodes with rescue mission on it... See any squad? Then go to sechura..

If you want to see a mission no one plays go play hijack, that thing is empty since Thetra's Doom.

I agree that player experience needs some improvements, trading needs to be reworked (the current system is primitive if anything), clans could use an improvement that isnt pvp, and many many other things. 

For the very first time in warframe i found most of the content from the update disapointing. Archwing is fun, but after some runs the 3 mission types get incredibly boring, im sure more missions will come out in time. And syndicates?.. well to say im pissed at how syndicates work is putting it mildly.

Bug fixes, are against DE interms of making money?

did you just genuinely say that? That couldn't be further from the truth, bug fixes are essential to creating any game. I cannot think of one game which has never fixed or improved it's elements. DE is not only creating a game in a vacuum, but selling a product to the masses. If the product is sub-par it will garner a bad reputation, driving people away from it. While reviews aren't "end-all" discussions on warframe, they can give the game either positive, or negative light.

Also old content can generate cash depending on how it is revamped. Syndicates are a new addition, but i see no way to platinum my way through to the highest rank. Even trading the mods, someone had to have achieved that rank.

Also the dev team is not as small as you think, judging from the dev streams alone there's a siable amount of people working at DE.

1) Please name the first 3-5 big fixes/general improvements you would make to older content. Older content being defined as anything that hasn't been released/revamped/etc in U15.

2) Reviews mean very little to F2P games because it's F2P. Warframe could be a terribad game, but no ones going to read reviews, good or bad. There's nothing on the line save for the time to download the game and play the first hours.

3) If the dev team was large enough to support everything well, why is this thread even here? Note that I mean small comparitevely to AAA devs like Bungie or DICE.

2) Reviews mean very little to F2P games because it's F2P. Warframe could be a terribad game, but no ones going to read reviews, good or bad. There's nothing on the line save for the time to download the game and play the first hours.

Definitely not.

F2P games live and die by their press. Steam comments, game reviews, articles about the game, all that stuff. Generally they don't advertise as much, so word of mouth is much more important. Especially new IPs like Warframe, that don't have any preceding games to base an opinion off of. 

Also, in reference to your whole "fixing bugs doesn't make them money" thing, that's just absurd. It may not be an obvious moneymaker with a plat cost attached to it, but it's important nonetheless. 

I disagree with you about reviews not mattering.

My time is finite. I can only play so many games, so my first port of call with any game is to find out if it's actually worth putting time into it. One person's 500-600 word review could be the difference between me being a potential customer for a F2P title, or me forsaking that game forever.

I've been that person. I have reviews for games on Steam where people have left comments like "I was going to try this game but I read your review and now I won't bother." If you piss your customers off enough that they are writing negative reviews (not "this game sucks!", but honest, detailed critique of why the game is bad) then you WILL lose players.

It isn't a beta...

I'll tell you what:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

When the lines that states:

Why is Warframe still in Beta? Why are you selling Platinum for real money if it's in Beta?

Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love.

then maybe, just maybe, I'll start to think you might be right. But guess what, THAT line? It's STILL there.

Definitely not.

F2P games live and die by their press. Steam comments, game reviews, articles about the game, all that stuff. Generally they don't advertise as much, so word of mouth is much more important. Especially new IPs like Warframe, that don't have any preceding games to base an opinion off of. 

Also, in reference to your whole "fixing bugs doesn't make them money" thing, that's just absurd. It may not be an obvious moneymaker with a plat cost attached to it, but it's important nonetheless.

Then I'll ask you the same question...

What are the first 3-5 bug fixes/general improvements you would make to the game?

Then I'll ask you the same question...

What are the first 3-5 bug fixes/general improvements you would make to the game?

Hm, that's an excellent question. It's hard to pick a top 5, there's quite a few. 

1. Eliminate stationary melee combos

2. Improve edge detection for parkour

3. Weapon balance, especially for older weapons

4. Art overhaul for older assets

5. Reassessment of resource drop locations

What did you think the answer to that was going to be? "Oh, I can't think of anything I'd like fixed! I guess you're right, fixing things is worthless!"

I'll tell you what:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

When the lines that states:

Why is Warframe still in Beta? Why are you selling Platinum for real money if it's in Beta?

Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love.

then maybe, just maybe, I'll start to think you might be right. But guess what, THAT line? It's STILL there.

So, a line made by a DE employee, who is likely pro-DE, proves me wrong?

K

Who knew the game's industry was so forthcoming? Good to know that money isn't the priority of a publicly traded company.

One of the newest changes:

Releasing a weapon that requires 500 Oxium

Closing down a big Oxium farm

Other changes:

Kubrow upkeep and possible death

Argon dissipation

K

1...more work = less work on newer stuff = less cash flow

No reason to do the work if it isn't a big issue. If it's game breaking, then yes, DE will look into it. Everything else, however, is optional.

2...see no. 1

3...define "balance" and see no. 1

4... See no. 1

5...resouces can be bought, making resouce grinding easier or more fun is counter intuitive to making money

My expectation was that you'd bring up good fixes (as you did), and that I'd explain why DE isn't likely to do them.

1...more work = less work on newer stuff = less cash flow

No reason to do the work if it isn't a big issue. If it's game breaking, then yes, DE will look into it. Everything else, however, is optional.

I'm just going to stop you right here.

You are wrong. 

It's clear you've had a bad experience in the gaming industry in the past. Maybe you played too many EA games or something. Or you're just trying really hard (past the point of logic) to be cynical for whatever reason.

Now, to the topic at hand: why is improving the game worth money?

For most of us, that is pretty easy to grasp. However, it seems like I'm going to have to explain it. 

Small changes like the ones I described are what's known as Quality of Life changes. They're called that because the improve the overall game experience, not in a massive way, but in a simple way. For example, the worldstate panel recently added to the star map. It makes navigation to alerts and invasions a lot easier, and it is an improvement on an older, already in place system. You know, that thing you just said it was worthless to improve on. That may seem minor, and it is. We're talking about the cumulative effect here. A game with an improved Quality of Life is a game people generally have a better time playing. In a microtransaction-based model, people who have a good time playing are more likely to make a purchase. 

Basically, improving the overall quality of your game makes people happy, and happy people spend more money. 

This game's been improved pretty heftily since it first emerged.

Yeah some things are still gimpy but they at least function.

The worst aspects have been mostly retuned and are, for the most part, pretty polished now.

The only really IMPORTANT parts of the game that are still unpolished are:

- drop tables and loot RNG

- Survival game-mode pretty much requiring a nekros

- Nekros in general

- Excalibur in general

Once these are fixed, it'll be pretty smooth sailing. Most other issues just aren't quite as damning or embarassing as those particulars.

<snip>

Hey genius:

Very well thought out and good gameplay = more positive reception = more money for DE

Star Trek Online and many other games, are laughing right now. (I wish it were true)Your statement, sure does support the whole "Please fix the mechanics before adding more fluff" threads that are quite popular. Not sure why others are so opposed to fixing what we have and what we all enjoy?

I think its safe to say we have enough shiny toys, dangly bits, skins, postures and accessories to go on top of our accessories to keep us entertained for a little. Seriously it's all cool stuff, but, our Frames have the capability of looking like a teenagers bedroom wall or that over zealous bumper-sticker guy. Were good, otherwise Frames or Suits -whatever the community is calling them now, will start to resemble this:

Picture+7.png

<snip>

This is actually problem this thread covers, de doesnt bother to finish any of their additions/changes, they dont wait with new content until previous content passes quality check and is deemed as flawless as it could get.

De changed arcady shooter with fun concept into garbage dump for random ideas.

<snip>

I agree and have said the same thing in other threads. Altho you may wish to add abit more tact to make it more approachable. 'Tough Love' does not go over well here in WF.

We have all these awesome features to play with, but as far as working? It's just not true that they do -its hit or miss. And they are just adding more on top of more. Rebecca has said theres no 'silver bullet' that can prevent new issues when adding new features. Very true, but I think the players would appreciate abit more polish on what we have before we willingly re-break it all again. Were not getting time to enjoy the features, just more and more keep popping up with more and more Plat/Time walls. Cannot deny that.

Growing pains from dipping into the dangerous MMORPG pool and a sure fire case of an identity crisis right now. Would be nice if DE came out and stated what WF is exactly, time to ditch the 'beta' crutch and all the vague, open to interpretation lore we have.

So, a line made by a DE employee, who is likely pro-DE, proves me wrong?

K

Who knew the game's industry was so forthcoming? Good to know that money isn't the priority of a publicly traded company.

One of the newest changes:

Releasing a weapon that requires 500 Oxium

Closing down a big Oxium farm

Other changes:

Kubrow upkeep and possible death

Argon dissipation

K

Staff statemaent> Your opinion.

Sorry, but if it says it's beta, it's beta. Whether you like to believe it or not is irrelevant to the matter

Oxium is a pain to farm but i do believe caches of it do drop from grineer/corupus caches hidden in maps. Get hunting.

Both the Kubrow and argon mechanics were their from the start, infact the rate at which kubrows decay has been halved. And 1 argon takes a full day to decay, and it is easily obtainable in the void. They also decay 1 at a time.

Also you can just put your Kubrow in stasis as many do.

1) Please name the first 3-5 big fixes/general improvements you would make to older content. Older content being defined as anything that hasn't been released/revamped/etc in U15.

3) If the dev team was large enough to support everything well, why is this thread even here? Note that I mean small comparitevely to AAA devs like Bungie or DICE.

Revamping of Stealth mechanics

Revamping of how mastery works

Revision/ addition of new forms of old mission mechanics not yet updated (spy/sabotage)

Further revision of Kubrow mechanics

More revamps/ tweaks to warframes

Happy?

I'm fairly certain that a bad reputation will spread more quickly than a good one. And it's very short-sighted of you to believe no-one reads reviews on game.

Well, compared to AAA games it can be considered small.

I'm just going to stop you right here.

You are wrong.

It's clear you've had a bad experience in the gaming industry in the past. Maybe you played too many EA games or something. Or you're just trying really hard (past the point of logic) to be cynical for whatever reason.

Now, to the topic at hand: why is improving the game worth money?

For most of us, that is pretty easy to grasp. However, it seems like I'm going to have to explain it.

Small changes like the ones I described are what's known as Quality of Life changes. They're called that because the improve the overall game experience, not in a massive way, but in a simple way. For example, the worldstate panel recently added to the star map. It makes navigation to alerts and invasions a lot easier, and it is an improvement on an older, already in place system. You know, that thing you just said it was worthless to improve on. That may seem minor, and it is. We're talking about the cumulative effect here. A game with an improved Quality of Life is a game people generally have a better time playing. In a microtransaction-based model, people who have a good time playing are more likely to make a purchase.

Basically, improving the overall quality of your game makes people happy, and happy people spend more money.

F2P games aren't inherently designed to provoke fun. Only the really good ones do that, and by good, I mean the ones with millions upon millions of players who have kept them alive for years.

Those games sell cosmetics. Why? Because they will always have a player base and their player base enjoys the game.

WF lacks cosmetics. Why? Because it hasn't defined itself yet. By good, I did not mean reviews or fun, I meant successful. WF isn't successful because if this stuff:

Resouces:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339659-ps4-resource-drop-rates-drastically-nerfed/

Dark Sector PvP:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338482-the-dark-sector-pvp-the-horror/

Kubrows:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339661-hey-de-if-the-freakin-ship-is-smart-enough-to-email-the-dog-has-died/

Archwings:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/332541-arcwing-its-a-poorly-added-flashey-thing-that-gives-nothing-to-the-base-game/

Oxium/Argon:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338511-anything-with-oxium-or-argon-in-it-can-shove-right-off/

Overly difficult enemies:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339404-fighting-high-level-grineer-is-a-joke-funny-but-no-punchline/

New player difficulty:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337004-de-why-are-you-trying-to-chase-new-players-away/

Edit: Community opioin > staff opinion

My friend, if you cannot see a bias when one is obviously present, then I fear for you.

WF milks the few who put money into it. Don't you see that?! Most if those shouldn't even be there if the game is supposed to be fun. DE ignores them because they inherently benefit the player at DE's possible profit.

Let's look at that statement again:

"Warframe is relatively new and is still in development. Selling Platinum allows us to support Warframe and learn how to implement changes that players will love."

~DE Drew

1) "...allows us to support Warframe..."

If DE truly has to pull this crap in order to support WF, then the game is DIEING. It means that WF is getting smaller and smaller so DE chooses to do this in order to squeeze that cow for all the cash its got. However, I know for a fact that Warframe is growing or is at least stable. So...

2) "players will love"

Did the players in those threads love the topic at hand? I know I've seen some sarcasm.

My friend, WF is out of beta because DE wishes to make money. This is not a kick starter anymore. This is a published game. Official comments be darned.

Also, the reason DE is very reluctant to go fix earlier stuff is because of this. There is no love to it. I'm happy they made the game, but I will rip a lie to shreds if you try me and so will this community.

Earlier stuff doesn't make them money. Making players happy doesn't make them money. This is a business that is making profit, not a fun little project funded by a generous community.

The sooner people see that money is mightier than the heart, the world will be a better place.

I play because of my friends and trading. Also, are you going to say that to the people in those threads? Are you going to say that to my friend who spent platinum on rushing his Kubrow only to get a derp one.

Heck I didn't even mention arbitrary timers. Go on, I want to hear this. Justify build timers and the like.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say everything in this game was perfect? I don't think I did, but if I happened to say that feel free to point it out to me and I'll edit it. Everything in this game is not perfect, which is the reason I'm here on these forums in the first place. Are things good? Sure. Could they be better? Most definitely. 

Your entire position is that feedback is worthless, there is no reason to improve anything, and all DE cares about is money. The only reasons you're even playing are friends and trading. Why play anymore? You clearly aren't having very much fun.