Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe On Mac Os?

Judibigo

Dear DE, you must think about to start Warf on mac OS! It will be great, because I want put my PC into a trashbox, and buy a new Mac, but can't do this, bacause playing only Warframe. Can you just tell, have you got any plans for Mac OS? And if "yes", when?

There are 2 ways to game on a Mac: 

Way one:

-Save up for a Mac

-Buy an equivalent PC and headset

Way two:

-Buy Mac

-Use it as a mousepad. 

Jokes aside, I don't think that DE has any plans of making Warframe MacOS comparable. 

Unlikely to happen, while Macs can be powerful (they are generally better at utilising hardware) they are built for a very different purpose and lack a lot of gaming support.

Your best bet is to either emulate in Wine (no idea how the performance will be, VMs tend to have a bit of lag on games) or set up dual booting if you have sufficient space, or just flat out buy a mac then install windows over Mac OS, but I'm not sure what reason there would be to run a Mac without their OS, its what makes the biggest difference against windows as far as hardware utilisation is concerned.

As far as I know there is not enough demand for warframe on the mac to justify the added expense of maintaining a fourth version of warframe so if you insist on buying a mac you basically have 3 choices

Option 1 is buy the mac and then just install windows on it which defeats the whole point of buying a mac in the first place

Option 2 is use bootcamp to install windows in addition to the mac OS which I have heard works quite well

Option 3 is realize that for anything other than heavy duty graphics work windows is generally just as good and a lot better if you want to be able to play most games and just don't buy a mac.

macs are great at media, but other than being way over priced thats about all they are good at. go buy a nice PC with the money you would spend on a mac

also just a note: transferring all the game files/code for warframe into a code/netcode for macs would be a huge project. so even if we heard they started on it today, it would still take forever.

Edited by paul62626