Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Shotgun Is The Best Out Of The 3?

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

9 answers to this question

Hek has very tight spread and low falloff, so you can pretty much snipe with it. Plus, it does more damage per shot, especially with its new Steel Meridian mod that cranks up its multishot. I've been using this thing a lot, and I love it.

Boar Prime will do quite a bit more damage due to its firerate, but its got a very wide spread and hard damage falloff. Once an enemy is more than a few steps away, you miss with of a lot of pellets, and the ones that do land deal less damage. However, it's also got crazy high status chance. 3 event status mods (or 2 and Shotgun Saavy) will get that up to 100%, which causes each pellet to proc independently of the rest. 5 pellets that land could proc Impact, Slash, Puncture, Corrosive, and Blast.

Sobek actually does less damage than Strun (which got a super buff with U14) at this point. It does have a large magazine, a smooth firerate, and decent status chance. I doubt it will do too much in the damage department, but it is rather consistent and can be used for a while without having to reload. With its status chance mod from...one of the Syndicates, I'm not sure how well it will play out overall.

Verdict: I'd say go Hek for single shot damage or Boar Prime for status/higher dps at the cost of ammo efficiency.

Well Boar prime is the best out of them all but it is a close range monster. Hek and sobek have much tighter spread then the boar. And hek and sobek are pretty much on par with each other dmg output wise. So four shot boom stick or full auto gator gun with a 30ish drum size.

If you're looking for a shotgun to have fun with, Sobek IMO. Damage is not a problem on the star chart for a multi-forma built weapon, and Sobek is the most accurate and most versatile shotgun we have right now.

If you're looking for an end-game OP shotgun, Boar Prime is probably your best answer for now but it's still rather specific so you should love your pistol before investing heavily in a Boar Prime. A better answer than Boar Prime, IMHO, would be to save/build up your forma and wait for a round of Shotgun buffs like Bows got not long ago.

Hek just got a new syndicate mod for +200% multishot. I do not have this to test it, but it may make the Hek worthwhile in the end game. I don't really know.