Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abysmal Loading Time For Every Instance.

Ethice

Since Update 15.0.0 was released my loading time across the board has increased exponentially. I did a few test on the Terminus mission on Mercury and the results were as follows;

With my squad set to "Solo" it took me roughly 37 seconds to load into the match.

In a squad where I was not the host and there was only one other player it took me roughly 50 seconds to load into the match.

Loading into my Liset takes roughly 54 seconds.

In addition to those estimated loading times the initial client start up takes roughly 2 minutes and 15 seconds to load the login screen and even this loading instance exhibits the same loading trends as any other loading instance in the game.

For any instance of loading, that requires a loading screen, for roughly 30 seconds the loading screen operates on a FPS of less than 5 and the loading bar does not progress at all during this time. Once this portion of the load up clears the loading bar jumps to about 60% then the game freezes for a few seconds. After that the loading bar jumps to about 90% and all applicable audio begins to come through. When the loading bar reaches 90% the Liset in the loading screen reaches full resolution, but the loading screen hangs for a while.

Before Update 15.0.0 I had similar loading trends. The loading bar would jump to about 60% and the client would freeze then the loading bar would jump to about 90% and hang for a moment before loading in, but there was no 30 seconds of intense FPS drop at the beginning and the hang time after reaching 90% - 100% was only a few seconds.

I always expect poor loading times after the major updates since It's been a trend following many of the major updates, but the loading time usually shows some improvement within the first week or so of hotfixes. This has not been the case with Update 15 and despite the various hotfixes that have improved loading times for some, my loading time has remained this way.

With this issue I can no longer host squads from outside of a mission since everyone disconnects from my squad upon loading into a mission. I would like to note that once I load into a mission or my Liset I experience no out of the ordinary performance issues.

I was just thinking of making a topic on this- the exact same issues have been occuring for me. I have no idea what's causing them or why, but every time the game loads, it pretty much freezes and runs at terrible frame rate for an annoyingly long period of time. Pretty much everything described here has been happening with me.

I have observed similar issues on my PC too.

Previously the mission has loaded in pulses with one or two stops in between, causing a long load time. However after the update 15.01. it now gets stuck at the very beginning for some time.

This is however only under Direct X9 setting for me. When using Direct X10 the loading times are cut short to several seconds. However this comes with a decreased overall performance for me and now since update 15.01. also with a strangely increased heat on my PC (more than i observed in the entire last year playing Warframe), indicating an increased stress on the hardware.

So it's either increased jittery loading times with Direct X9 or increased heat and dropped performance with Direct X10.

Edited by Othergrunty

I had Direct X 10 on before update 15.0.0 and experienced loading in jumps, but it wasn't all that slow, though still slower than most of my friends, loading into the mission in about 15 - 20 seconds. My in mission performance hasn't been affected by update 15.0.0.

On another note; since update 15.1.0 my loading screen now looks terrible and warrants the question; why even have a motion or dynamic loading screen at all at this point if It's just going to look terrible? It didn't even improve the loading speed at all. Now when I have to wait almost a minute to load into a mission I don't even have a nice skybox to look at.

2014-11-06_00001_zps7de7766e.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x3/Ethice/2014-11-06_00001_zps7de7766e.jpg

I'd like to note that I am operating on a 64 bit operating system, Windows 8, and all the hotfix optimizations since update 15.0.0 seem to have been oriented to 32 bit systems and the Windows XP operating system. The optimizations have not improved my loading speeds at all and the patch 15.1.0 lowered the quality of the skybox and slipstream effects around the Liset in the loading screen.

Perhaps giving an option to just have a static loading screen would be a good implementation to the game since the loading screen seems to be becoming less and less pleasing to look at as optimizations are made to it. At this point I'd rather have a static background image at good quality than a low quality dynamic loading screen that may be causing my game to load slower.

Very similar issues here. Running dx10 all the time. Since u15 getting decreased performance during first few minutes of the game. Noticing some 'jagging' or micro stutter during that time. Since u15.1 getting long loading times, just like described in the topic. Specs : w8x64, amd 6990.

I have the same issues, loading times was at the most 10-15 seks before the hotfixing started. now Its between 30-50+ sec per mission. And the loading time for the menu is also a lot higher, from about 1 sec to now around 10 sec.

I optimized the download cache and turned off directx 10. now its back to happy days again :D

I am having this same issue. Before one of the recent hot-fixes I was able to load almost instantly but as of recently it takes forever to load and it is only Warframe that is having an issue.

-Edit-

Whenever the game goes to a loading screen it brings my processor usage to 100%, which is really interesting because I have a 3rd gen i7 and that takes a lot to max out.

Edited by Reidmaster