Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

/unstuck Command

Quetzhal

This has been suggested many times, of course, but I don't think there's been an official topic about it (if there has, oops). With the latest changes to the system, giving us the ability to manually reset our characters is now much more important. A form of this is already in the game, in the form of the teleportation that occurs when you fall into a pit or try to exit the map boundaries. If this could be manually triggered by a command, it could solve all current and future terrain bugs that might trap players. Also, players that fall out of the map could use it.

Alternatively, simply use the command to spawn the players at a set point in each room, much like how items are reset after falling into a pit. I'm not sure how the system currently in place for players works, so this might be the more effective option.

There are also bugs in which mobs will get stuck in terrain (or spawn outside the map), which can be dangerous in Exterminate/Defense missions. This I'm not sure how to fix without it being exploitable - I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps if the command is only usable when 1-2 enemies are left? I've yet to see it happen to more than one enemy.

As has been stated in posts elsewhere, this really is a solid request and missing feature, especially during the Beta run.

Give it a 60 second timer and no other restrictions (save maybe killing the timer if you attack) and have it warp you to a known safe point in the room in which it was started.  I say using attacks, not moves, as the only breaker such that if you are caught in an infinite move loop or permanent state of falling, the command can still be executed.

If this command already exists, maybe we're just uninformed and don't know to execute it but it would be a worthwhile beta and ongoing emergency feature.

Yeah I could use this. I was just doing a mission with my brother and 5 min in one of the teleporting guys switched places with my brother and put him behind a wall. He could move around all behind the walls but he couldn't get out. It was pretty funny seeing that blue outline running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. After not finding a way out we abandoned the mission and tried again.

I would love this, because I am CONSTANTLY breaking the maps, as the devs may probably realise from all my old posts in the Map Feedback / bugs threads.

Haha, as do I. Just today my Rhino flew straight up into the air for absolutely no reason after I glitched out of the map, and I promptly died (after being treated to a spectacular view of space, so all in all a nice death).

• 2 weeks later...

Having the /unstuck command is a must. A lot of games have an unstuck command for when people get stuck.

The respawn of the warframe when you fall off the map is nice, but what happens if you missed the respawn area. There isn't a command to help you escape from being stuck in a glitch.

I remember when I fell into a glitch below the respawn area. Whenever I ran up the wall, I would hit the respawn layer and be spawn below it. Therefore trapping me, and I couldn't reach the extraction point to get the credit as my teammate waits at the end.

• 2 weeks later...