Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Creatures] I Appreciate The Increased Windup/warning On Ancients' Slap. Now, Reduce It By ~15%?

Chroia

It's one of those things I've been meaning to post about for a while.

I very much appreciate the longer warning time, lets me actually react if an Ancient is suddenly looming over me (between the avatar and the camera).

That said, I feel that it's now too long.

There's "fair warning" and then there's "Oh, it started a slap. I'll go make a cup of coffee."

(Yes, I'm exaggerating.) 

Thanks for your time.

Yep.

Quite often I see Ancients standing still with nothing in front of them because their target has long since moved away.

Maybe it's an effort to reduce frustration from knockdowns... but we've had too many of those already. It used to be that you'd get stagger-locked every second mission (usually from Rollers) but now there's hardly anything that can do it.

Energy drains, too - Ancient Disrupters used to be high-priority targets that you try to take out the moment you see them, and now they just sort of blend in. Even more so with Shock Exima, which don't seem to even do anything anymore.

I feel like we're being babied a bit. Yes, those things were kind of cheap, but they give you something to actually be concerned about.

Edited by _Kireek_

Yep.

Quite often I see Ancients standing still with nothing in front of them because their target has long since moved away.

Maybe it's an effort to reduce frustration from knockdowns... but we've had too many of those already. It used to be that you'd get stagger-locked every second mission (usually from Rollers) but now there's hardly anything that can do it.

Energy drains, too - Ancient Disrupters used to be high-priority targets that you try to take out the moment you see them, and now they just sort of blend in. Even more so with Shock Exima, which don't seem to even do anything anymore.

I feel like we're being babied a bit. Yes, those things were kind of cheap, but they give you something to actually be concerned about.

Shock Eximi were way too cheap with their inconsistent aura - one time, you get forewarning particles kilometer away, other, only after you were already disrupted.

And Disrupters are still dangerous, because while their attack isn't instaGG anymore, their aura gives energy drain to all enemies nearby.