Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Damage Type Tweak

Renegade343

Hello all,

Would any player like it if the Vectis were to have its damage type changed to Slash Damage focused (100 Slash, 78.8 Puncture, 41.2 Impact)?

The reason for this is because in the snipers category, there is (are): 

- 2 anti-Corpus sniper rifles (Vulkar, Vectis)

- 2 anti-Grineer sniper rifle (Snipetron [although that is not available now, but could come out at a later date, so it will be included in the list], Vectis [to an extent, thanks to its rather high Puncture damage, which is the second highest damage type in its total damage])

- 1 versatile sniper rifle (Lanka)

That means out of the current sniper set, there are: 

- 3 sniper rifles that are good against Corpus (Vulkar, Lanka, Vectis)

- 3 sniper rifles that are good against Grineer (Snipetron, Lanka, Vectis)

- 1 sniper rifle that is good against Infested (Lanka)

Therefore, the change in damage type for the Vectis to be Slash Damage focused is to make it be good against the Grineer and the Infested, meaning that there will be two sniper rifles that are good against Infested (Lanka, Vectis), and two sniper rifles that are good against Corpus (Vulkar, Lanka). 

While some players may argue that changing the Vectis to Slash Damage focused would mean that there would be less Impact status effects for single stun, do bear in mind that this sniper rifle is really meant to kill with one hit, thanks to its:

1. Very high damage.

2. V Polarity for slotting in either Serration or Split Chamber very early. 

3. Each shot benefits from Charged Chamber (since it only has a magazine of one).

4. Quick reload time to kill another target.

5. The Vulkar does reliably deal Impact status effects, so they do overlap by a bit (and then the Vectis overshadows the Vulkar)

Please discuss civilly as to whether this change is wanted. 

Renegade343

Ehm, excuse me if I missed a few things, I skimmed through your post. So you are wanting a Slash damage sniper rifle? Well while the Sybaris and Tiberon are not considered snipers because of their lack of scope they seem to have the same range and the same gratifying high numbers when build right. Sybaris is amazing with the new slash mod. Try one of these out then come back, Vectis is needed to stay as an impact sniper as we have few other good snipers for corpus(Don't get me wrong, Lanka is amazing, but Vulkar is just S#&$). Tiberon is the puncture rifle, and would be good against infested.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

Vectis is needed to stay as an impact sniper as we have few other good snipers for corpus(Don't get me wrong, Lanka is amazing, but Vulkar is just S#&$).

Vulkar actually feels quite alright after a few modding tests, to be honest (and it became my go-to sniper rifle too, despite the sometimes annoyingly large zoom magnification). 

Vulkar actually feels quite alright after a few modding tests, to be honest (and it became my go-to sniper rifle too, despite the sometimes annoyingly large zoom magnification). 

I'll try a few things on it, but this is my personal opinion. If I can do twice the damage with Vectis or something else why bother with it.

I want to say that I a little bit agree with this change, I'm a sniper player and sometimes have to change my weapon to do infested missions.

Although I still can snipe around but when it comes to infested I dealt half of my usual damage from the other factions.

Maybe it's considered to make it more stable like perhaps, 90.0 slash, 90.0 puncture and 90.0 impact.

But impact is actually good to kinda make the enemy staggered and we (snipers) can quickly lay another shot on the target.

I'm waiting for Vectis Prime to come out thou...

(100.0 impact 90.0 puncture and 70.0 slash)

(300.0 physical damage 15.8 accuracy)

(30% critical chance and 2 " V " polarities or 1 " V " and 1 " -- ")

lower the fire rate and add to 1.0 reload speed.

That would be great.

Thanks for the topic, really like it bro.

:D

*Sniper honor*

I'll try a few things on it, but this is my personal opinion. If I can do twice the damage with Vectis or something else why bother with it.

For that meaty sound that plays when the Vulkar shoots (combine it with a Corpus Crewman helmet flying off from the shot, and it does feel very satisfying [and for very good damage too, so that is really icing on the cake]). 

Maybe it's considered to make it more stable like perhaps, 90.0 slash, 90.0 puncture and 90.0 impact.

But impact is actually good to kinda make the enemy staggered and we (snipers) can quickly lay another shot on the target.

I would have to disagree on the exactly balanced damage types, because it then kind of overlaps with the Lanka in terms of modding (Lanka's Electricity damage allows it to quickly mod for against Corpus, Grineer and Infested. By having the same value of physical damage type, Vectis will have that similar versatile advantage as the Lanka, with the benefit of higher base damage and quicker shots per second [and quicker reload too]). 

And I did test extensively with the Vulkar, and it acts quite a bit as a stagger sniper once a few status chance+ mods are modded into it (granted, I do have all the dual status chance+ mods, so there is that bias, although with just one status chance+ mod and Rifle Aptitude, the Impact status effect does come quite frequently. And I love the Vulkar for that). 

your suggestion would only serve to make the vectis less effective.

puncture is largely a better damage type for snipers, since it scales better against tougher enemies, and the enemies who are usually weak to slash damage are squish anyway and a damage type is mostly irrelevant

slash damage is by far less effective against the most dangerous higher level enemies (ie heavy gunners/bombards) in which a sniper rifle is most effective, and the bleed proc is largely irrelevant since the point of a single target high damage weapon is to remove the largest threat from the field, instantly.

vectis already has a problem (snipers in general) with extremely inconsistent damage, and needs changes to fix that, but this is not the right step.

and most importantly, why not just add a brand new sniper rifle with slash damage instead of effectively nerfing the vectis?

your suggestion would only serve to make the vectis less effective.

puncture is largely a better damage type for snipers, since it scales better against tougher enemies, and the enemies who are usually weak to slash damage are squish anyway and a damage type is mostly irrelevant

Tell that to all the rather health-filled Infested I see. 

Anyways, there is still 78.8 Puncture to cover up for the 100 Slash against Grineer. And last time I heard, Charged Chamber + Serration + Split Chamber + Elements that are optimal against Grineer = Wiping them out up until a very high level, with the current Vectis setup (and even with the suggested tweak, it would still be more than enough to kill off high level Grineer). Even if the enemy has Alloy Armour (meaning -50% to Slash), the other elements will more than cover up for the Slash Damage reduction. 

Tell that to all the rather health-filled Infested I see. 

Snipers would not be my choice of weapon against infested regardless of damage type. The only infested units worth sniping with a SR would be the Ancients and they recieve very little bonus damage from slash.

Snipers would not be my choice of weapon against infested regardless of damage type. The only infested units worth sniping with a SR would be the Ancients and they recieve very little bonus damage from slash.

Try getting a Lanka, charge up and fire (modded against Infested) at a long stream of Infested in a Defence mission. 

It is pretty heartwarming to see all those numbers pop up as the projectile pierces through the Infested.

and most importantly, why not just add a brand new sniper rifle with slash damage instead of effectively nerfing the vectis?

I only keep Vectis and Lanka for this role and would rather get another rifle, after all more sniper rifles and wider user base means more chances of getting fixed so i always welcome more.

lower the fire rate and add to 1.0 reload speed.

vectis has no rife rate only reload, and if you take the single shot from vectis you essentially ruin it

(and even with the suggested tweak, it would still be more than enough to kill off high level Grineer). Even if the enemy has Alloy Armour (meaning -50% to Slash), the other elements will more than cover up for the Slash Damage reduction. 

and how in the world does that sound like a buff? or even a change worth doing?

currently you have present no counterargument as to why DE should change the vectis to be slightly better against infested, only to be vastly worse against grineer, other than, "i like the vectis and want it to be a more effective weapon vs infested ancients" which is entirely impossible due to the fact that the primary strength of any sniper rifle is high firepower for a slow and heavy oppenent, and the infested is largely based on the oppisite

and seriously, you can already use the vectis fine, against infested if you really wanted to (although i would prefer almost anything)

and even more importantly, if you like the vectis? why in the world would you want it nerfed? even if the nerf is a small one, the gun honestly isnt anywhere close to OP and frankly could stand to see some buffs

and how in the world does that sound like a buff? or even a change worth doing?

Because: 

1. Vectis as an Impact damage focused sniper rifle already vastly overshadows the Vulkar in just about everything (although Vulkar is still a nice sniper rifle).

2. The actual danger of Infested comes from the swarm of normal units, not the Ancients (since Ancients are slow and have a glowing tentacle appendage that highlights their weak spot), and the normal units all have weaknesses to Slash damage. 

3. Heavy Gunners and Troopers would be a more main concern than Bombards in high level Grineer missions (Elite Lancers will quickly die off nonetheless), since they would posses a very high armour value already (and Bombards would fall easily from Radiation + Viral). 

and even more importantly, if you like the vectis? why in the world would you want it nerfed? even if the nerf is a small one, the gun honestly isnt anywhere close to OP and frankly could stand to see some buffs

I beg to differ with equipping Serration + Split Chamber + Charged Chamber + Elements against a faction + Shred. I am clearing out lines with the weapon. 

i really dont agree with the thought of making vetis slash based. yes we have weapons that are good vs corpus and grineer but! when do u actually need to use a sniper vs infested? they are melee! we have several weapons that are slash damage or elemental that u can use vs infested. or just go like miter if u want high slash and high proc. if u dont like miter use dread, high slash, really high crit. one of the highest damage weapons in the game, and u dont really need hitscan vs infested?