Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Keybindings] 'use' Also Reloads Weapon

Bibliothekar

For some reason, 'Use' also reloads my weapon. I guess this is since the 15.1.x, because I haven't noticed it before. I've tried to switch the keybindings but that doesn't change anything. It's not a big thing, but it gets a little annoying when I start to reload my Gorgon (maxed Tainted Mag) over and over again while opening a row of lockers.

Hi, I didn't see this posted in the first few pages. While running some missions today I was involuntarily reloading my rifle while opening lockers. This happened on both Corpus and Grineer tilesets.

EDIT: After further testing, it also occurs when calling elevators and opening doors. I have double checked my keybindings and Reload is stricly set to "R" and Interact is set for "X". My keyboard has no macro functions.

Edited by BrianEvol

Hasn't it been that way since forever?

Try toggling the "context button and reload" or something in the options.

This has been unintentionally changed after the last hotfix? I'm not so sure...

Stil, I checked my keybindings options and stuff, tried the default option and hasn't changed still.

This has been unintentionally changed after the last hotfix? I'm not so sure...

Stil, I checked my keybindings options and stuff, tried the default option and hasn't changed still.

There's an option in the controls tab with something like context and reload something or other. I toggled it but haven't really noticed anything about it.

It's not a bug, it's an (undocumented) feature that you can turn off yourself:

Which would be fine if menu options would save between gaming sessions but a LOT of people, myself included, have a long standing bug that causes all of our menu options to reset every time we close the game.

Edited by TheOzMandias

thanks! - but who uses this "feature"?

I do, in fact I've requested it many times over, and players who use controllers use it as well. 

As for the the options reset bug, I'm sorry to hear of that bug. 

Also it is a documented feature in the patch notes for update 15 or 15.1, can't remember which, but I do remember seeing it in one of the patch notes.

Also it is a documented feature in the patch notes for update 15 or 15.1, can't remember which, but I do remember seeing it in one of the patch notes.

I looked just up the build notes for U15.0 and U15.1 and all hotfixes in between (again) - it isn't documented anywhere. Only thing that's mentioned regarding "reload" (in U15.0):

• Fixed an issue where mods that improve reload time were showing as red numbers in UI where they should have been green - lower reload time is good!
Edited by Bibliothekar