The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing: Won't Survive As A Seperate Game Mode

Brimir

I'm not sure how it would suck for players that don't want an Archwing. You can't really complain about not getting a mission with archwing integrated into it when you are actively choosing not to own one. Chances are the mission wouldn't jive well with you anyways since you don't like Archwing's gameplay. The only way I could see this as a problem is if they neglect to add/improve regular missions and focus on Archwing exclusively.

Imagine mission nodes that unlock other sectors having Archwing parts in them. Oops, impossible to unlock without HAVING to play them. For some people it's bad to that extent, they really won't play Archwing stuff, even if it "hurts" them no to, even if it's "just this once".

Or if there are missions with random Archwing sequences. Again, that's kind of a FORCED content for them.^^'

Personally I don't really care/mind (although Archwing needs some heavy fixing/balancing still).

Before Archwings can be added into multi-missions, they need to have their stats scale separately without taking from the base frame.

Otherwise we are all forced into running Rhinos / Valkyrs / Zephyrs etc.

They need to have a different set of revives for Archwing, too.

Well I must say I was disappointed in the Archwing mode! The Archwing tutorial was really exceptional! But the separate Archwing game mode? And having its own ability sets? Not even able to choose between using one of your favourite sniper or the stupid Archwing Machine Gun is also a bit disappointing! Not to mention that your friendly Corpus jetpack guys are twice your size! I can handle the oversize ospreys but oversize dudes that your used to fighting in your hight range is kinda irritating! And especially the knock back you get by barely touching a wall! -,-'

I played Archwing only twice or maybe 5 times max! Then I got bored! It lacks gameplay! I'd like to see it integrated into the invasion events but by only allowing to say, you start on a Corpus ship, your helping the Corpus get rid of the Grineer on their ship then somehow you have to get to the Grineer but before they can launch boarding pods they take a direct hit and is forced to the hanger for some kind of drop ship or something so you have to use the Archwing to board the Grineer ship and help from your point, so you have to fly through a debris field and fight some Grineer drones (which is in an acceptable size!) and then find a hole in the hull of the Grineer ship to an airlock through which you have to enter! But these missions shouldn't be forced down your throat either! It takes away fun by adding painful gameplay unless the gameplay improves!

Stuff like that might make Archwing potential but if hybrid missions should come to pass it shouldn't be more Archwing than Warframe it should a 4-1 aspect ratio in Warframe's favour when it comes to the hybrid missions otherwise I agree on the fact that most won't be playing it after the first few missions!

It has potential but it shouldn't be that overwhelming that DE devotes most of their resources to Archwing only and neglect Warframe!

I think it was a mistake to entirely remove our warframe abilities, it's central to the game.

The other stand out thing to me is how tiny enemies are, most of the time your firing at fast moving dots. To make us feel like badasses, Tenno should be chopping up ships, shooting turrets off battleships etc.

someone was certainly not born in the 80s...

Correct, in the 70s, so it is space invader like game mode with 3D, sorry to say, but big deal.

Archwing's bad resonance is not without reason and has been mentioned above:.

1. Many find it boring, and while my biggest problem is that I can not deploy my extractor until I finish the aw mission, many fear will be forced to use the aw more often.

2. Veteran players said from the beginning that in this form it is a bad idea. Disconnect, split resources, etc.

3. Many think, somewhat rightly so, that the main game mode is still full of bugs and imbalances and they should have fixed those first.

The bad rap they got is not unreasonable.

PS.: and moustaches??? Come on, they have nothing better to do with their game?

Edited by MichaelSD

1. Many find it boring, and while my biggest problem is that I can not deploy my extractor until I finish the aw mission, many fear will be forced to use the aw more often.

2. Veteran players said from the beginning that in this form it is a bad idea. Disconnect, split resources, etc.

3. Many think, somewhat rightly so, that the main game mode is still full of bugs and imbalances and they should have fixed those first.

1. And many don't. That's hardly a convincing argument.

2. Same as above. Veteran players aren't some monolithic entity who all agree on everything. 

3. This argument is deeply flawed to begin with, considering the list of bugfixes was longer than the list of additions in U15.

P.S. the mustaches are for charity, calm down