Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something That Might Make Syndicate Emblems Worth Getting.

Cobalt313

Anyone else think those nifty Emblems those Syndicates let you buy at certain ranks should have some actual benefit beyond prestige? Personally I always thought equipping those should give you a bonus to how much your Standing raises with that faction on missions based on how high a "rank" that badge represents, i.e. the greater the rank, the greater the bonus. For levels with multiple badges to offer there might also be some other passive benefit, but I'm not sure what else that could be. Thoughts?

Different bonuses defeats the original purpose of sigils (more customization) because if they do that, then equipping "lower" sigils will be gimping yourself, so we won't be able to choose based on appearance, i think that is a horrible idea.

Theres a difference between Customization, and helping with the rep farming so that you can even afford the sigils, yet still rank up in the syndicate.  

Something that was floating in Council chat was that as you increase your standing with a Syndicate you get a new sigil that matches that standing, along with still having different types to buy.   Cause as it stands now, you get 2 new sigils per rank you could buy, but beyond looks, theres no point in getting them when you need so many points just to rank up to get items like the Large energy restores, weapon mods, or even abilities mods.

I would hope they'd just equalize sigil prices per rank so that we have a choice in the sigil we want.  Right now, rank 2 has a 2500, 5000, and 7500 price sigil.  If we simply went with the simple model of pricier = better, the only one people MIGHT get is the 7500 one.  Others might just continue skipping sigils until they reach the final rank, buy that sigil, and just farm with the best sigil.

Preferably, each rank of sigils is moderately priced, and each sigil within that rank is equally priced so there's still some choice on preference, without the nasty reality of the awesome sigil A in rank 3 being simply worse for rep farming than the far uglier sigil C in rank 3, for example.  I think players would better appreciate that approach.

The problem we have now: people want the sigils, but because they're JUST cosmetic, they're viewed as a waste of rep.  This won't change if sigil B is better than sigil A - the rep grind is such that people will pick efficiency over style.  While there's no stopping people from skipping a rank's sigils, at least equalizing prices within a rank will better give the player options on their preferred sigil.

Edited by Littleman88