Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please,explain Me How Pvp Can Ruin This Game

Paschymat

BEFORE POSTING INSULTS AND OTHER SH**S,READ THIS: 

Well,let's speak about the game: the game is good,i haven't heard anyone say the game is bad or the main idea is bad...all are excited for these Terminator-suits called warframe and all like this PVE (however,they can improve it and i'm sure they'll do); but after a while i played this game i started getting bored,maybe missions are ripetitive,maybe i'm crazy (don't really think so,a lot of people have had my same reaction) or maybe the game can be boring,only because is boring to fight against a computer and because some players don't know what "TEAMWORK" means  -.-" .How you'll have evinced i'm pro-pvp,in this game,not because i'm an hard-pro-killer-sadist-gamer but because it can add variety to the game and attract more players (Terminator-suits lovers :Q___).I can't understand people who say that PVP will ruin this game...why? PVP won't influence PVE and if you don't like PVP you can go on playing PVE,but why not satisfy other players? 

now,don't say me: "go play cod! if u want PVP play another game!" i like the main WARFRAME idea so,why should i play Cod or other games if i want ,and if there would be the opportunity, to play with warframes against other people? I respect all opinions,but in this case,i think is a wastage of a very goooooood idea. Peace.Bye!

P.S: English is not my mother tongue so if there are mistakes,sorry :D

Edited by Paschymat

A few reasons why PvP would be bad for this game:

1) It would take attention away from PvE and stop them from fully polishing it.  They dont have the resources to handle both at the same time.

2) Nothing is balanced for PvP.  What you would see happen is a few frames would utterly dominate PvP, eg loki, rhino, trinity, and would be unbeatable.  If they heavily nerf a lot of the abilities to balance it for PvP then it would be a lot harder in PvE.

3) Too many weapons are completely unbalanced, take for instance the Hek.  A loki going invis with a fully modded hek would be utterly unstoppable.

One word: Balance.

The frames are balanced for PvE, not PvP.

And again, Pvp is not their goal atm.

i know my friends,but in the forum there have been many suggestions about,this isn't the problem...

Edited by Paschymat

PVP is a different game mechanic altogether.  It would be like building two games at once, and forget having every single weapon be balanced versus mobs, versus other players and still making certain that a level 1 would stand a chance against a level 30 with a potato equipped.  If it is incorporated in the clan dojo then cool, go for yours but it is a different mechanic than PVE, and where the focus is developing great PVE PVP would undoubtedly get in the way.

i know my friends,but in the forum there have bee many suggestions about,this isn't the problem...

How would balance not be an issue?

A rhino can go invulnerable for 20 seconds at a time.  In those 20 seconds he could easily wipe  everyone else who wasn't a rhino.

PVP is a different game mechanic altogether.  It would be like building two games at once, and forget having every single weapon be balanced versus mobs, versus other players and still making certain that a level 1 would stand a chance against a level 30 with a potato equipped.  If it is incorporated in the clan dojo then cool, go for yours but it is a different mechanic than PVE, and where the focus is developing great PVE PVP would undoubtedly get in the way.

This is the point  "It would be like building two games at once"... everyone is satisfied,if they want they can do it

Edited by Paschymat

This is the point  "It would be like building two games at once"... everyone is satisfied,if they want they can do it

The only issue is that they dont have the resources for it.  They can either make a great PvE game, or they could try forcing in PvP and cause the game to start floundering.

I think its less that PVP would "ruin" the game, more that the game was created not to be PVP, and the devs don't really want to go down that route. You're right pvp could work, it could be fun, it could make the game better. However they are all coulds. Its way too early to be thinking about pvp when the intial concept of the game still isn't finished or polished and while you might think it would work well there's a good chance that if pvp was even included it might turn out pretty bad and in the end be a waste of time for us and the devs.

Also I was specifically attracted to this game because it was not pvp, and there are people out there who are not interested in competing with others. Not every online game needs PVP and I think this is one of them.

How would balance not be an issue?

A rhino can go invulnerable for 20 seconds at a time.  In those 20 seconds he could easily wipe  everyone else who wasn't a rhino.

one time,one player,suggested to make the pvp like a training for soldiers that will use warframes,in this way won't be rhino and so on

Implement PvP, and people 'may' start using it as an excuse for everything.
"Dude you're so slow, get to the extraction faster!"
"Bro don't tell me what to do"
"1 v 1 me then"
People 'may' start referring to the PvP as the only serious aspect and view PvE as, 'lol PvE is joke, PvP is where true skill is'
I just don't want it because it has a tendency to cause players to use it as a bragging rights

Edited by Ravtek

this is another question,if this is the real situation the should say it;in this way they would stop all rumors about pvp...

From the FAQ (first point on this actually):

"

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

"

This is why. No resources. Pay attention to keywords like "yet" and "focus".

Patience, Tenno.

The game will still exist after a year (or so I hope) and maybe then things will be different. Or in two years. Or never. Who knows.

I'm neither for nor against PvP, but it's pretty wise to focus your efforts on one gametype first and foremost and then (when it's polished, shiny and running smoothly) consider (not just do, but think about sensibly) other forms of gameplay without destroying the game.

Implement PvP, and people 'may' start using it as an excuse for everything.

"Dude you're so slow, get to the extraction faster!"

"Bro don't tell me what to do"

"1 v 1 me then"

People 'may' start referring to the PvP as the only serious aspect and view PvE as, 'lol PvE is joke, PvP is where true skill is'

I just don't want it because it has a tendency to cause players to use it as a bragging rights

lol,funny sketch but i think,hope,not all players are like this...about the "PVE-joke",i don't think so,all players that warframe has now will go on to consider the PVE the main part of the game,and,implementing the PVP like a "second choice" all players will consider the PVE more important. As i said,i want the pvp just for adding variety to the game,if they have another way to do this,all the better!