The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem Isn't Really Viver...

[DE]Momaw

Using Momaw words:

"Well, Wiki says

"In video games, an exploit (colloquially sploit) is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers"

I don't see how I'm using the word incorrectly.  You're manipulating a game system (spawning) in a way that was not intended by the game designers (to trivialize the time-cost of the reputation system).  I think it's self-evident that you're not SUPPOSED to be getting 5K reputation in five minutes using a specific strategy when an ordinary hour-long mission at the game's highest difficulty offers around 2K, and that if you were being honest with yourself, you would admit this. But, again, I'm not even mad about that. I don't care about Viver itself."

Its kind funny how people try always to find excuses for something they kown that isnt right nor it was intended in any way, but the best one was indeed teamwork and skill to play Viver using specific frames (Skill just like Exploit it have a diferent meaning for some players), even when you know the system is bad and isnt fair, using something to win a edge that cant be gained any other way on similar level mission, its pretty self explainatory. 

Its all about personal gain...

soon you will be able to buy all the aug mods u want very cheapily

they will literally be worth nothing in plat, thanks to everyone exploting and farming the are completely devalued and definitely not rare 

in fact normal R10 mods are way more valuable since they require credits and cores/mods to make but standing/rep is worth almost nothing time wise with people doing 45k runs for low rank mods

if rep grind was hard for everyone then we would have expensive aug mods, so if u dont like farming just let others waste their time and do all the hard work while u reap in the benefits muahahah

i wish gaining syndicate rep would be similar to payday2's overhauled exp system. repeat grinding the same map over and over again reduces the exp gain gradually and switching up maps adds a small multiplier each time and even stacks. people fond of viver could still grind it if they want to since they'd still get a bunch of rep just a bit less than ~20k each time, but it would be viable for other people with the multiplier who don't stick to one map to grind. mind you the multiplier in payday is increasing in small steps since it's stacking.

Actually Payday 2 did it a very bad way, and went with a stick approach instead of the carrot approach (punishing instead of giving incentives). 

People played the same missions becuse they were vastly superior in rewards to others.  Overkill however added the penality to replaying them, instead of fixing the issue and making all missions equal gains for effort, so you could earn rewards just for playing missions you enjoyed (not the handful that gave addequate rewards).  They could have done it just as simply by actually balancing rewards or just adding more bonuses to other maps (making the result the same, but not punishign players in the process).

The factor is now players just cycle 4 missions instead of 1 or 2 previously (thus making the process ineffective).

I wouldnt want to see warframe go down that path.

Any proof where DE has stated that the spawn rates a bug? No right? DE knows about this issue but Rebecca's replies were not "The spawn rate at Viver is a bug" or anything like that right? No, they said it's being reviewed. There's no exploit here, exploiting is finding a bug and using it to his/her advantage. There is no bug here, this was how Viver was designed.

The fact that theyre reviewing alone suggest high probability of unintented result or bug present.

DE might simply check if spawn rate is correct, check spawn locations, ai reaction, exp gain and exp/rep conversion ratio for this map(if this isnt global) and finally check if abnormally high rep isnt bug.

After all that is checked and de finds no problems you can say its bug free and working as intended.

But whats the chance that de finds nothing if rep gains are way higher than any similiar mission??

The problem isn't really Viver, it's the fact Sigils do not grant exp.

They could of granted Sigils exp. instead of nerfing the mod drops..

mathematically...i can see which is easier >_>

There will be 1 problem with sigils giving rep, same as helmets and recent prime frames.

You should avoid tying stat increases to cosmetic items.

And i cant say that even +100% rep gain would make it any more bearable, sure you just cut grind by half but syndicates also require you to spend your rep and hefty sacrifice for syndicate to acknowledge that youre now helping them a bit more, while at the end offering not even rewards, but ability to buy minor stat increase.

Whole mechanics behind syndicates are flawed, numbers aside.

I dont feel like it was done as actual content, it feels more like resource sink with promise of "reward" in far future to keep you playing.

Edited by Davoodoo