The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perma-Banned Already, It's A Bit Sensitive

Trayder

So I had warframe running in the background to see alerts while I was playing a flash game. I ran a 'cheat program' to try and skip grinding in the flash game, it didnt work so I closed it without doing anything. Now I'm banned from Warframe till 2035.

Then I came here and saw the warning in the hours old update. Take the warning literally, it's the equivalent of (in a hypothetical situation) having your steam account banned because it detected a bittorrent client on your computer.

Edited by Trayder

steam doesn't ban because you have bittorrent on. If you are talking about VAC, the anti-cheat system is very accurate in banning players.

Also send a ticket if you think you have been banned for "that" reason you have described. 

Edited by Takomancer

steam doesn't ban because you have bittorrent on. If you are talking about VAC, the anti-cheat system is very accurate in banning players.

Also send a ticket if you think you have been banned for "that" reason you have described. 

Maybe I misread the patch-note but they don't mention VAC being the anti-cheat program for Warframe. As far as I know Steam is only hosting the game.

Uhhh, to clarify steam doesn't ban you for having bittorrent or anything like that (I was describing a hypothetical situation). There have been cases in the past where certain horrifying DRMs have prevented legitimate games from working if you have mounted disk drives etc. if you wanted a real example.

Anyways, yeah I've dispatched a support ticket and I'll keep y'all posted. Point was just be very careful what you're running while warframe is open.

I think I've encountered the same issue, and had my poor account suspended. Except I was using the Cheat Engine to debug and note down values in an application rather than "cheat" in anything. I carelessly left the application open in the background and started Warframe, did a single mission before re-logging and discovering that my account had been banned. I find it a little unreasonable that the simple presence of the application warrants such action.

Players that claim to have an excuse can send in a support ticket to appeal the ban. They may or may not let you off one time, since it is a new feature just added.
In the hotfix topic, one person was already given a pass, and it was clear that this person was cheating.

Less QQ here, more QQ in the support ticket.

So I had warframe running in the background to see alerts while I was playing a flash game. I ran a 'cheat program' to try and skip grinding in the flash game, it didnt work so I closed it without doing anything. Now I'm banned from Warframe till 2035.

Then I came here and saw the warning in the hours old update. Take the warning literally, it's the equivalent of (in a hypothetical situation) having your steam account banned because it detected a bittorrent client on your computer.

Uh no, it's the equivalent of having your steam account banned because you had an aim bot running.  It doesn't matter if you were using the cheat program on a flash game or warframe, you're $&*&*#(%& if you left warframe running while having it active.

Honestly, it should come to no surprise that you get banned for having cheating/hacking programs running in the background.... even if you are not using in the particular game you get banned from. It's pretty common, and you have such program running after all... so there's no excuse. Also, it's not unreasonable at all

To paraphrase the appeal request that would be the truth.  "I had warframe running when I cheated in another game so I shouldn't be banned."

It just doesn't have the same feel as saying, I wasn't cheating on anything and I think the program may have misinterpreted my spreadsheet software.

Neither of which should really work.

I always worry that an automated system may get too sensitive but they have been getting better over time.  Though some situations are ridiculous.  Since steam and VAC were mentioned, I'm sure you might find it funny to hear that some games consider the steam overlay to be a cheat program and will shut down if you don't disable the overlay.

On a second note about the VAC comment.  Warframe isn't using VAC, but probably a program similar to it that is meant to detect any possible third party interaction with the warframe client.  If your other programs will not do anything to warframe or even interact with any shared resources (Video card for example) then it would not be improperly caught as a cheat program.  Which means, if you don't use a cheat program, you won't be caught for cheating, which logically means, don't cheat and you won't be banned.

Edited by JHarlequin

I'm sorry, but most of those I've seen that get perma-banned from video games are guilty of two things:

1. Doing something bad.

2. Lying about it on the forums.

Yeah, gonna have to call BS on that.  When you implement a system that is capable of auto-banning, lots of innocents get caught in the crossfire.

I got permabanned from a game because I was using Xpadder so that I could play it using a controller (Dungeon Fighter Online if you must know.  Their native controller support was atrocious, and NOT using a controller for a beat 'em up seemed like a crime).  I've also gotten banned from a game because their crappy cheat detection software thought the Steam Overlay was a hack.