Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About The Right Way To Play The Game...

KaynArgyr

Let's not forget that some wrong ways to play the game are actually wrong.

If someone found a way to clip under the floor every game and shoot enemies from complete safety, would anyone defend that as "just another playstyle"? No, that would be an exploit. The Viver powerfarm specifically takes advantage of an until-now unknown quirk in interception spawns (and small maps) to grind impossibly fast. Is it an exploit? Maybe. It certainly doesn't seem intended.

Basically, my point is this: it's good to defend alternate playstyles, but at some point we should acknowledge that there are some playstyles that should not be defended. 

The 'quirk' was well known even before, it was a feature of Intercept that enemies kept spawning until one of the two sides reached 100%.

What is abused is that Excalibur Javelin and Mag Crush, if properly modded, can cover basically the whole map and ignore walls.

Oneshotting large amounts of enemies in the process.

The tactic involves on capturing one or two towers, choosing to defend them and ignore the others, so to have the fight last longer.

The trick is that since you use the Frame abilities, literally killing everything on the map, you can milk the most of the reputation.

The problem is that this exploit is boring as hell, literally. I don't even feel about defending the practice, because is akin to virtually hammering one's own genitalia for hom much it bores. I myself pray that the groups I join wouldn't go further than one\two waves, because one of the things I appreciate about staying at home is being able to use the restroom or getting a drink when I feel like.

You're right, there are playstyles that should not be defended, there are attitudes that should not be allowed, but do you think this is one of those?

I think not, I believe that this mess is mostly the byproduct of a poorly balanced efforts\rewards ratio.

I think not, I believe that this mess is mostly the byproduct of a poorly balanced efforts\rewards ratio.

I agree with you there. We wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for the disastrously skewed rep system.

However, I don't believe this playstyle should be defended. First and foremost, it promotes an atmosphere that we don't need in Warframe. The boring farm was already bad enough, but this is getting to Second Life lawn-camping levels of stupid. Second, it masks the real problems with syndicates, and destabilizes the entire system with massive rep gains.

I see your point and you're pretty right on that.

What I meant, is that the 'eli$*' dictate how people should play the mission with them, but people has the chance to still play the mission with others... The farmers will say nothing if you go in a group that's not their own...

The 'paladins' dictate how people should play the game in general, and want to prevent everyone to play the mission without conforming to their standards...

Hope you'll agree that rudeness aside, the farmer have a minor impact compared to the paladins on how others are allowed to play...

But these "paladins" aren't always the same group of people. On one issue someone might be a paladin just because DE happened to agree with his view but on another issue, DE might not agree with him but with another guy. And that other guy will now be labelled as a "paladin" just because on that issue he and DE were aligned about a game changing issue. So I guess the perception would be that DE always listens to the paladins.

But yeah I'm glad that we can agree on some things and especially on how the syndicate grind is just bad.

Edited by EetNotErn

I agree with you there. We wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for the disastrously skewed rep system.

However, I don't believe this playstyle should be defended. First and foremost, it promotes an atmosphere that we don't need in Warframe. The boring farm was already bad enough, but this is getting to Second Life lawn-camping levels of stupid. Second, it masks the real problems with syndicates, and destabilizes the entire system with massive rep gains.

I don't defend the playstyle...

I try to understand the ones that feel compelled to use it...

I also try to sensibilize people about not blocking the rep gain too much, to avoid people finding themselves in the hands of scammers from the grinder faction... 

Because, yeah, no faction here it's truly innocent...

But these "paladins" aren't always the same group of people. On one issue someone might be a paladin just because DE happened to agree with his view but on another issue, DE might not agree with him but with another guy. And that other guy will now be labelled as a "paladin" just because on that issue he and DE were aligned about a game changing issue. So I guess the perception would be that DE always listens to the paladins.

But yeah I'm glad that we can agree on some things and especially on how the syndicate grind is just bad.

To me the paladins aren't the ones whom DE happened to listen.

Paladins are the ones who post on the forums the petitions and all the high and mighty talk, speaking about what's the right way for playing, rather than taking a screenshot and posting to one of the moderators\members of the staff. It's a discrete move and doesn't insults all the ones that think in a different way...

On the other hand, the grinders who posted their glorious exploits of 50k rep gained in one run, had it called...

But their move was dumb, rather than insulting to others.

And again, yeah.

The Syndicate Grind, as it should be played, its horribly tedious for rewards that are worth nothing for players who have high end equipments and frames.

Going to these lengths to get a mod that lets my allies become invisible when I smokebomb with Ash?

No, just no.

I don't defend the playstyle...

I try to understand the ones that feel compelled to use it...

I also try to sensibilize people about not blocking the rep gain too much, to avoid people finding themselves in the hands of scammers from the grinder faction... 

Because, yeah, no faction here it's truly innocent...

To me the paladins aren't the ones whom DE happened to listen.

Paladins are the ones who post on the forums the petitions and all the high and mighty talk, speaking about what's the right way for playing, rather than taking a screenshot and posting to one of the moderators\members of the staff. It's a discrete move and doesn't insults all the ones that think in a different way...

On the other hand, the grinders who posted their glorious exploits of 50k rep gained in one run, had it called...

But their move was dumb, rather than insulting to others.

And again, yeah.

The Syndicate Grind, as it should be played, its horribly tedious for rewards that are worth nothing for players who have high end equipments and frames.

Going to these lengths to get a mod that lets my allies become invisible when I smokebomb with Ash?

No, just no.

Why do you even bother? Play as you want and find people that have same mindset as you.

Works in real life also. If someone is not to your liking, you wont try to be friends with them. Except if you are calculated monster that uses others for their benefit.