Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Has Gaming Helped You In Real Life?

Imaru

Never in real life would I ever be physically, legally, or scientifically capable of even a fraction of the violence video games allow me to experience, whether against humans, aliens, zombies, or whatever.  Video games keep me sane.

It's also allowed me to meet and deepen some of the best friendships I've ever had.  Gamers are awesome friends.

Edited by Katakuna

Farming simulator... I learned how to farm.

Surgeon simulator... I learned how to perform surgery.

Euro Truck simulator... I learned how to drive trucks.

Woodcutting simulator... I learned how to cut wood.

Goat simulator... I learned how to be a goat.

I've made a lot of friends around the world through gaming. Some from other states in the US, others from Europe, Japan, Latin America, and Canada. Many of these people are interesting and have beautiful cultures I would like to learn more about.

Edited by OmgItzCow

I always watch AI/character's hands while in melee combat. From this I've managed to learn a lot of various melee combat. No fooling, before actualy finding a teacher I was able to counter and hit a person's nerve points which I found by watching a game then applying pressure to that area on my body. Still only know basic combat with weapons besides swords.

Other stuff; history, mythology, and various tactics which I mostly just apply to other games.

When I'm down, I play games. It helps me feel relaxed, or throw my anger out at Grineer and Corpus. It also helps me with homework, since most of my homework is online and now I can type real fast. Hand-eye coordination also helped me in sports, but my reaction time is still slow. I also met many people online, and made friends with some (but never met them). It sometimes keeps me from destroying things which happens when I am bored (yes I did try to punch a teddy bear till it exploded, but it didn't so I slowly ripped out its button eyes and arms). It also helped me cope with rejection twice in my life when I was a "reject" in my class (no one liked me) and when my crush hated me.