Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Syndicate Reputation Gain Should Be Done.

Rakshal

Now I know that this is DE's game but nobody is gonna deny the fact that how reputation is gain is just broken. So I decided to put how I would fix it.

Reputation should be based of the level of the enemies and the mission type.

I just came up with this like 5 second ago so this will be pretty bad. :/

Fast missions like sabotages, capture, deception, hive should yield around 100 reputation.

Average speed missions like exterminate, spy, and rescue should yield around 200 reputation.

Long missions like mobile defense should yield around 300 reputation.

Endless missions should function completely different from other missions. Finishing 5 waves, minutes, or a round should give 100 reputation. Then finishing another 5 waves, minutes, or a round should give an additional 200 reputation and so on.

Enemy levels should also be taken into account. I though it would be something like however high the reputation is, the more additional reputation get added on to the mission's reputation. I don't feel like figuring out what is considered low, medium, and high level right now though.

Now this one is gonna probably come from left field for all of you. PvP should have reputation gain. People who play PvP should not have to be forced to not have fun to get a mod they want.

Winning a conclave match should give around 200 reputation since the rounds are usually really fast, and loosing a conclave match should give around 50 reputation as like a "Well at least you tried," sort of bonus.

Solar rail conflicts should give around 500 reputation for winning a match since the matches are usually longish, and the loosing team should get around 200 reputation for the same reason above.

Please point out any potential problems that could arise from using a system like this, but keep it constructive.

I got inspired to make this thread after watching this video.

Edited by Rakshal

How about special rep awards for missions that fit the theme of the Syndicate?

Suda: Spy missions

Veil: Exterminates

Meridian: Defense

etc.

I wasn't thinking of Syndicate specific alerts while making this. I don't know how to address that.

just tie a multiplier to mastery rank, make sigils have multipliers, it really isn't that hard.

That would be a bandaid fix. Sigils having a multiplier would make sense, but mastery rank wouldn't. If DE just added multipliers to Sigils and master rank then people would still be farming reputation in interceptions and there would be no point to playing anything else.

Edited by Rakshal

How it should be done?? hmm, there should be no reputation.

Instead of grinding solar chart you get separate set of missions which carry you through lore and every completed set unlocks next rank, rewards and next set.

Now its about making them difficult and challenging enough to gate content for few weeks and youre done.

Since they are separate from everything you dont need to make them procedurally generated and can work on enemy placement etc to make some challenge instead of artificial difficulty.

Voila endgame.

Edited by Davoodoo