The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Velocitus - Two Requests

SabreUr

I bought new Archiwing weapon, and i am enjoying it, but I would like to suggest two changes:

1. Charge shot mechanic - in case of Velocitas maybe it should work "other way" - when you have it equipped, it will automatically charge to max power after each shot - and if players want to spam bullets, they can just spam fire button without waiting for shot to fully charge. So, no holding button required.

2. Zoom. This gun really could use bigger zoom, since it is designed as "one shot - one hit - long range" type of gun. Maybe it could be put under R button, since you don't reload archwing guns.

Yes, please. I was just trying it out and the zoom on it is ridiculous. Enemies you want to snipe are the size of 1-10 pixels on a 1920x1080 monitor. Zoom needs to be a lot better (double click zoom mechanic is a nice idea) and also the traveling bullet can make it very frustrating to hit targets, since sometimes you hit a couple targets perfectly and suddenly the range is way different and you cant estimate where to aim. Also I think the weapon is bugged, some shots do no damage or don't hit the target at all.

Yes, please. I was just trying it out and the zoom on it is ridiculous. Enemies you want to snipe are the size of 1-10 pixels on a 1920x1080 monitor.

Seconding Saiodin there, as for the others who want it hitscan. I know a lot of people compare the velocitus to the lanka but to be honest once you get the travel time figured out sniping with it isn't a problem. I just started trying out the velocitus this morning and was squinting my eyes just to get a long range shot at an ennemy. From this I discovered a certain amount of things.

Also anyone else having trouble shooting dregs? Long/short range, I sometime shoot straight at them or in front where they go but sometimes they'll register random hits when I shoot around them instead.

I played a round of interception with the Velocitus now.

This gun needs some serious tweaks.

It needs:

Damage changed to puncture. (The slug is magnetically accelerated, that does not mean it should do magnetic damage)

Zoom option added. (Trying to snipe a pixel with this is as rewarding as playing Terminus all day)

Change from travel time to hitscan.

Fix for Dreg hitbox. I can't even hit them when they're right in front of me.

Maybe an auto charge as suggested by OP.

50 meters of punch through. (No this value is not OP, everything in space is humongous so it needs at least 50 meters, and hell, it is a railgun after all)

After testing the Velocitus, my thoughts on the Velocitus itself : 

• Its actually a decent weapon in mid range (under 1000m) and the travel time is barely noticeable, though you have to lead the target by a little at times. 
  • It has issues with the projectile spawning (it tends to spawn to the right of the muzzle, instead of right infront of it, which leads to some accuracy issues and the inability to hit mobs right infront of you sometimes may occur).
  • 2rrncwz.jpg

• It can be fired without charging, and has a decent fire rate, similar to Grinlok's rate of fire and deals decent damage.
  • It does seem to have a small amount of Punch Through (~2m) can hit enemies directly behind in a line.
  • Zoom should be have a higher magnification factor and maybe a slight target tracking while zoomed in would greatly enhance its role as a precision weapon in long ranges.
  • Have a large projectile hitbox to help sniping faraway targets (the current one is quite good, but could be improved further to be more consistent)

Edited by Neah

I must concur with the dreg hitbox, it is crazy how easy they are with the imperator yet nearly impossible with the Velocitus. Also another thing that I noticed while doing trench runs is the point of origin for the bullet is a little skewed. while trying to shoot in front of me I could see the bullet impacting the walls next to me. it's almost like the bullet takes the same path as a missile launched from your Archwing, out to the side then forward.

1. Charge shot mechanic - in case of Velocitas maybe it should work "other way" - when you have it equipped, it will automatically charge to max power after each shot - and if players want to spam bullets, they can just spam fire button without waiting for shot to fully charge. So, no holding button required.

I really want this for Lanka.

What really needs to be done is change it to physical damage.

When fully charged, the magnetized barrel of the Velocitus accelerates a metal slug to tremendous speeds, piercing hulls and obliterating armor.

apparently "tremendous speed" is actually slower than a machine gun round, as the imperator machinegun is hitscan and the velocitus has travel time. As for "piercing hulls and obliterating armour" it is completely useless against both, as it deals only magnetic damage.

so yeah, a little bit of false advertising here. It should read "If you can actually manage to hit a corpus ranger with this, it'll take his shield down"

What really needs to be done is change it to physical damage.

When fully charged, the magnetized barrel of the Velocitus accelerates a metal slug to tremendous speeds, piercing hulls and obliterating armor.

apparently "tremendous speed" is actually slower than a machine gun round, as the imperator machinegun is hitscan and the velocitus has travel time. As for "piercing hulls and obliterating armour" it is completely useless against both, as it deals only magnetic damage.

so yeah, a little bit of false advertising here. It should read "If you can actually manage to hit a corpus ranger with this, it'll take his shield down"

... You will take Corpus Ranger shields down, IF you are lucky.

But anyhow, very much agreeing on the Description/Actual product not matching at all, it should be fixed to do as it says on the packet.

It should be part impact, part puncture and part slash in my opinion, considering the "tremendous speed" of the "metal slug".

Or maybe the current version of Velocitus shoots magnets? Not sure...

Just ran with it on Neptune Sabotage.

This weapon does NO damage to power cores.

None. Even a rank 1 Imperator does SOME damage on the power cores there. Corvas likewise. This? Nada. Guess they are immune to magnetic damage.

Maybe make the 'charge' a physical hitscan projectile. Since it IS supposed to be a railgun after all. The spam attack can still be 'magnetic' to drop shields.

As it is, the bullets come out oddly, the damage is ONLY good against shields and the travel time sucks.

Edited by Kalenath

Just ran with it on Neptune Sabotage.

This weapon does NO damage to power cores.

None. Even a rank 1 Imperator does SOME damage on the power cores there. Corvas likewise. This? Nada. Guess they are immune to magnetic damage.

Maybe make the 'charge' a physical hitscan projectile. Since it IS supposed to be a railgun after all. The spam attack can still be 'magnetic' to drop shields.

As it is, the bullets come out oddly, the damage is ONLY good against shields and the travel time sucks.

It actually does damage the cores, but it has a huge issue while trying to calculate the colision between projectile and target. Try spamming uncharged shots along the cores and you'll see some damage being done. But if you try to snipe them with charged shots, you're most likely to "miss" all of them.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with those power cores. Found myself just rying to melleeing those things instead of wasting time actually shooting at em. Also noticed ChaosKings243's comment on maybe shooting out the sheilds of rangers. Had more then once a fully charge shot do 1, yes 1, shield dmg on a ranger who had previously survived another charged shot that only took out its shields!

All in all, lvl the weapon for the mastery point lock it in the ships locker and let it collect dust, unless it receives some attention from DE otherwise could have been a good weapon.