Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'soft' Pvp [Syndicate Vs Syndicate] Mode Suggestion

SliceOfHead

So now that the syndicates are in place how do you feel about adding some new 'versus'-missions where groups of teno (2vs2/4vs4/2vs2vs2...?), align to different syndicates, are trying to meet their own goals and sabotage opposing teams along the way?

PVP itself isn't necessary (since it's not very good as is and it brings balance to the table), and by sabotage I mean 'environmental hazards', which teno can summon on an opposing team using consoles, by killing/freeing some NPC, ect.

PS: Sorry for my english, hope you get the idea.

Edited by SliceOfHead

I had similar thoughts before. I've thought that a Syndicate-Based Archwing PvP would be neat, where there are several interactive dialogues between Syndicates. However, I think it would be unfair in that the number of followers per Syndicate is unbalanced. I'm pretty sure that there are FAR more players following the Arbiters of Hexis than there are for the Perrin Sequence. Matchmaking might become an issue

Matchmaking might become an issue

Well of course, but you can easily counter that by matching teno of the same alignment saying that it's a training match of whatever, or you can make a ton of other lore-friendly excuses. It wouldn't be syndicate vs syndicate in that case anymore, but at least the mission will be playable.

Or you can match teno of the dominating syndicate in one group and the other group fill with anyone else, again arguing that you cooperating against a common enemy just for this time.

And ally vs ally also may be possible. The Matchmaking system is a problem from the technical point of view, not in principle. 

Edited by SliceOfHead