The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Continued Exclusive Gifts To Founders Makes Us Feel A Bit Left Out

-FV-Wsocks

And why shouldn't I be thanked from time to time for my monetary contribution to the development and support of this game? A few thanks here and there is perfectly reasonable.

You feel miffed because you're not included in that "Thanks for founding warframe." despite the fact that the Devs and Staff regularly lavish praise and compliment on the player base as a whole and continually remind us how much they value us in general.

In blunt terms, I did more than you. Actually no, not even that I did more than you, you may have bought way more plat than I have, but I did do something you didn't. I get thanks for that instance, while you get thanks from DE for your instances of contribution.

Just like DE sometimes mentions a thanks to all the people who buy Prime access or straight up plat. They've done more to support the game than those who do not buy those things, they deserve praise. I will not support the idea that I, a person who supported the foundation of this game, should not be recognized for it because you and people like you can't handle a missed head-pat.

Your 'I did more than you' attitude is what creates the divide and resentment that so many of us fear when making a post regarding the founders and their exclusive items in any way. 

If I could include all of the responses I've made in the comments without creating an even bigger wall of text, I would and I think that it would help clarify.

I don't want anything extra at all. I think that DE will thank those who they feel warrant thanking, but if it's not me I'd like to not be in the room for someone else getting multiple praises for similar support for which I only received one. Honestly, if they removed the founder exclusive items from the patch notes, I think it would be an even greater feeling of being appreciated if the Founders got thank you messages and updates on Founders Exclusives directly to their in-game or forum inbox directly. If I was a founder I think that would make it feel even more personal. 

you just blew it out of proportion. the OP said something about prime access being recognized as much as the founders. the OP knows well that they missed the opportunity, etc. etc. etc. point being he wants PA to be on equal grounds with foundership

That's the thing. Prime pack isn't, and can never be recognized in the same way Founder's packs are. Because it would destroy all that is the title of "Founder". PA can't be on equal grounds with foundership, because if it was, foundership would lose ALL its meaning. How can you not see this?

Your 'I did more than you' attitude is what creates the divide and resentment that so many of us fear when making a post regarding the founders and their exclusive items in any way. 

And your "I did less than you but I should have just as much/be thanked just as much" does the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with the contents of the Founder's pack, but with what it REPRESENTS. It's not about market value, it's about SYMBOLIC value.

Edited by Marthrym

i will say this, OP did their best to keep it civil

but from my perspective, i didnt buy any of the prime access packs, thusly i dont have the shiny cosmetics

oh well, that ship has sailed

there are A LOT of founders who have missed event and their exclusive content like some of the vandals or wraith weapons

this is just how it is, some of us have been here awhile, and others came in later, but ppl really need to stop making this an 'us vs them' argument (which is just bad logic btw)d

and srsly, the skana prime is not that great of a sword anyways, its just shiny, thats all

Not asking for exclusive items to be re released. I don't have any of the wraith items. Both of those ships have sailed. I've addressed this in the OP and in several comments. I think you and many others are missing the point. Whenever someone proposes a discussion about the founders and related exclusive gear, it seems that the kneejerk response is always the 'It's not getting re released OKAY?!' Defense. We get that. It's not coming back. The main point was the feeling of being underappreciated for similar support, but not requesting anything extra from it, just suggesting that people might not feel underappreciated at all if they weren't reminded that there's someone getting more appreciation. 

You're missing the fact that I don't want the Founders items to be re released and that I don't feel wronged for not having them.

I never said you did, nor did I miss that. I'm not sure why you keep clarifying that to people who aren't making that assumption.

I asked you a specific question on how DE's patch notes are causing injury, for lack of a better term, to non-founders. Something beyond, "I didn't like it," yes? What is it?

I've read the entire thread, I'm just not seeing an issue to be remedied being presented.

Again, I get that they received another exclusive item, and that we were made aware of an item we won't have access to. But I already knew I wasn't a founder. I know the founder emblem is exclusive to founders, so if that emblem is used on a sigil, I wouldn't expect to receive it. All of that is readily available information. What did the patch notes do that hadn't already been done at this point? If knowing the founder's emblem is for founders didn't make us feel left out, how do you imagine the patch notes are accomplishing that? If there is a reasonable answer to that, even one I disagreed with, I'd still support the issue, as would many I imagine.

Also, patch note are supposed to detail changes to the games code to not only make users aware of the changes, but so that if those changes cause any unforeseen issues the user base can give specific feedback so the developers can fix the problem. And just because some may not understand how adding one piece of exclusive content can affect the entire game doesn't mean it hasn't already happened before.

So I suppose the real question is, what negative effect did the patch notes have on us non-founders that justifies pretenting them from fulfilling their intended purpose?

Edited by MisterUltimate

And your "I did less than you but I should have just as much/be thanked just as much" does the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with the contents of the Founder's pack, but with what it REPRESENTS. It's not about market value, it's about SYMBOLIC value.

I should just staple 'I do not want the Founders pack re released or a PA sigil' to my head about now. I don't want to get thanked the way that Founders do, and I've said that many times. I think that thanking the Founders should be a private matter. 

I'm still quite displeased by your attitude that one show of support is trivial compared to another because of length of time since the opportunity to participate. 

ther is one good thing now but now its more complicated i asking why ther is no phone buy platinum now ther is this option but my country cant or my telecom cant order so i ask maby you can make to order platinum with sms mesage send a code and with this option it will be easer to order platinum then call with call not all can speak in eanglish so plz maby you can make this chose to buy platinum or order whit sms from  phone not call but sms you can chek one of the company name ,,MOBIAMO Pay by mobile '' 

Edited by regali

I never said you did, nor did I miss that. I'm not sure why you keep clarifying that to people who aren't making that assumption.

I asked you a specific question on how DE's patch notes are causing injury, for lack of a better term, to non-founders. Something beyond, "I didn't like it," yes? What is it?

I've read the entire thread, I'm just not seeing an issue to be remedied being presented.

Again, I get that they received another exclusive item, and that we were made aware of an item we won't have access to. But I already knew I wasn't a founder. I know the founder emblem is exclusive to founders, so if that emblem is used on a sigil, I wouldn't expect to receive it. All of that is readily available information. What did the patch notes do that hadn't already been done at this point? If knowing the founder's emblem is for founders didn't make us feel left out, how do you imagine the patch notes are accomplishing that? If there is a reasonable answer to that, even one I disagreed with, I'd still support the issue, as would many I imagine.

Also, patch note are supposed to detail changes to the games code to not only make users aware of the changes, but so that if those changes cause any unforeseen issues the user base can give specific feedback so the developers can fix the problem. And just because some may not understand how adding one piece of exclusive content can affect the entire game doesn't mean it hasn't already happened before.

So I suppose the real question is, what negative effect did the patch notes have on us non-founders that justifies pretenting them from fulfilling their intended purpose?

An addition of new(or updated) Founder exclusive items can have the effect of making non-Founder supporters feel as though their support means less. You referenced being upset about not being able to participate in exclusive events such as the McRib, so naturally I assumed that you were referring to the also exclusive event of being able to purchase the Founders pack. I'm using the defense of 'I don't want them re released' because many people are suggesting that jealousy and outrage at the fact that they haven't been re released as the only possible drive for someone making a post like this. Suggesting that the only possible motive for creating a post such as this is to get the Founders exclusive items once again available for purchase to us envious lot. 

I'm responding to people in order to help them understand what it is that I actually have concerns about. Many are using the defense that myself  and others simply complain because we want the re release of the Founders package. It would be cool to have a Prime Excalibur but because that's never going to happen, we accept that it doesn't really matter because "its a video game." I'm not claiming that this is some huge issue that has outraged all Tenno and that someone is going to have to hang for this horrid wrongdoing that has befallen all of us. I'm asking that the possibility of a more private 'thank you' be considered. The only way for DE to see the suggestion is if they see it, and by clarifying the topic in responses, my hope is that they will(see it).

No no no. Too late for that. You've already said: 

"Not being in the room when someone else gets a second handshake isn't going to make me feel better but being in the room might make me feel like maybe I haven't done enough."

Are you reading what you even type? Do you not know what that statement means? You ended your own thread. Thats a personal issue you need to deal with, not something that needs the attention of fellow players and developers.

I actually find your rationales very self-serving and double dealing by using 'feelings of inadequacy' to mask that you basically pout when you see text notes on things that you do not own. You're attempting to lay a guilt trip on those who have Founders access and the Devs, by coming out and saying "Hey, those who dont have that stuff dont need to be reminded on how bad we feel about not having it". Very cleverly narcissistic.

No one is reminding you that you lack those items. No one is rubbing it in your face. Heck, it does not even pertain to you so why are you worried about something that you don't even have(and have repeatedly stated that you're ok with that)? Mind your own business maybe?

This is just ridiculous, lock this thread already please.

I'm still quite displeased by your attitude that one show of support is trivial compared to another because of length of time since the opportunity to participate. 

I don't want to get thanked the way that Founders do, and I've said that many times. I think that thanking the Founders should be a private matter. 

Well that's your opinion, and it's flawed. You thinking it ought to be a private matter is just oversensitive nonsense so far as I care.

And your assertion that Founders believe any type of support save Founders is trivial compared to Founders is also nothing more than a misinterpretation colored by hurt feelings and emotion.

I'm not, and to my eyes nobody else, is saying that PA, or Platinum Purchases, are an inferior form of monetary support. I'd say it's superior, since I can in fact drop 500 dollars on Platinum were I so inclined.

The point, is that Founder status signifies my early and important monetary support for Warframe as a game, and is a Thank You from DE to me and others like me for assisting them in making Warframe.

It's a reasonable statement that without our collective support, Warframe would not exist in it's current state. This is what the Founders program and it's content signifies.

You can choose to refuse to recognize that, but that's your own folly.

And of course, over all I've only purchased around 2200 plat in terms of actual value with the money I've spent on Warframe, so compared to a person who has bought tens of thousands of platinum in money value, their contribution is clearly more than mine. However, my purchases, one of which was the Hunter level Founders pack, took place in CBT, when DE really kinda needed that money to make the game. That has some important impact. That amount of money, that early on in the creation process, to a dev team as small as DEs, could have potentially been the difference now between Kubrows or no Kubrows.

Digital Extremes recognized this early on, and they said "Thanks bruh, have a shiny thing, we appreciate it."

And they thank everybody else whenever they do something that betters the game or the community, from monetary support to good feedback to fanart to community concepts. Nobody's being left out here.

Edited by Sylaenius

I should just staple 'I do not want the Founders pack re released or a PA sigil' to my head about now. I don't want to get thanked the way that Founders do, and I've said that many times. I think that thanking the Founders should be a private matter. 

Are you refusing to understand what I'm typing on purpose? Did I not REPEATEDLY state that it had NOTHING TO DO with Founder's packs contents? You say "non Founders are underappreciated". I say "Founders a only more appreciated, and never with items that could in ANY WAY give them ANY advantage under ANY form or circumstance". YOU refuse to see this. You are not underappreciated. Founders are just SYMBOLICALLY "more". Because they supported the game when it was in its "infancy" and was in a "fragile" and growing state. Nothing more. It does NOT mean DE underappreciates non Founders at all. YOU just assume that because of ONE thing of SYMBOLIC value that Founders received as a form of continued appreciation for their long term support and presence. Do you understand what I mean now?

EDIT : I am displeased by your attitude that of people that have been there longer and others that haven't, the first part has done that for nothing, and that this longer period of support means nothing to you.

Edited by Marthrym

No no no. Too late for that. You've already said: 

"Not being in the room when someone else gets a second handshake isn't going to make me feel better but being in the room might make me feel like maybe I haven't done enough."

Are you reading what you even type? Do you not know what that statement means? You ended your own thread. Thats a personal issue you need to deal with, not something that needs the attention of fellow players and developers.

I actually find your rationales very self-serving and double dealing by using 'feelings of inadequacy' to mask that you basically pout when you see text notes on things that you do not own. You're attempting to lay a guilt trip on those who have Founders access and the Devs, by coming out and saying "Hey, those who dont have that stuff dont need to be reminded on how bad we feel about not having it". Very cleverly narcissistic.

No one is reminding you that you lack those items. No one is rubbing it in your face. Heck, it does not even pertain to you so why are you worried about something that you don't even have(and have repeatedly stated that you're ok with that)? Mind your own business maybe?

This is just ridiculous, lock this thread already please.

I'm not going to continue to respond to you if you choose to do nothing but insulting me. If your intention is to fluster me to the point where I make some blunder and get this topic closed, it's not going to work. 

The quote you've brought up is me simplifying the idea in hopes that the confusion of this thread can at least have one point that's relatively clear. I'm not trying to 'guilt trip' anyone into anything. There is no guilty party. A private thank you to the Founders does not make it worth any less(in my opinion it can actually make it feel more personal and even more satisfying 'I did a good thing') and can make those of us who choose to continue supporting feel underappreciated. 

Well that's your opinion, and it's flawed. You thinking it ought to be a private matter is just oversensitive nonsense so far as I care.

If your oppinion of my argument is that it's simply 'oversensitive nonsense' then I don't see much point to continue trying to defend my reasons against you. It's very clear that you don't agree with my concerns or even recognise that they are concerns at all. You seem very dead-set in your way of thinking so I'm going to respect that and not try to convince you beyond this point. Thank you for contributing to this topic. 

Are you refusing to understand what I'm typing on purpose? Did I not REPEATEDLY state that it had NOTHING TO DO with Founder's packs contents? You say "non Founders are underappreciated". I say "Founders a only more appreciated, and never with items that could in ANY WAY give them ANY advantage under ANY form or circumstance". YOU refuse to see this. You are not underappreciated. Founders are just SYMBOLICALLY "more". Because they supported the game when it was in its "infancy" and was in a "fragile" and growing state. Nothing more. It does NOT mean DE underappreciates non Founders at all. YOU just assume that because of ONE thing of SYMBOLIC value that Founders received as a form of continued appreciation for their long term support and presence. Do you understand what I mean now?

EDIT : I am displeased by your attitude that of people that have been there longer and others that haven't, the first part has done that for nothing, and that this longer period of support means nothing to you.

I suppose those who are as strongly opposed to this topic as yourself will simply see this is as weakness, but it is not from you that I seek assistance. I have responded to nearly every comment in this thread quite civilly, if I might say so, whereas many who don't agree with me have responded in a not-so-civil fashion. I will choose not to converse with those of you who can't keep your cool when someone doesn't agree with the argument that you make. 

I fail to see how it matters

both skana and skana prime both suck

in fact, i feel like the original one is more elegant and less covered in gold flowery bullS#&$ p2w scrub advertisement

I think you may be right in that neither the Skana or the Skana Prime are of the highest tier of weapons, but the main topic being debated is whether or not it matters if those who buy the PA packs exclusively feel unappreciated in comparison to those who bought the Founders pack. 

Also I don't see how you could think that buying these Founders weapon variants constitutes a p2w theme if even you think that they're not all that fantastic. 

I'm not going to continue to respond to you if you choose to do nothing but insulting me. If your intention is to fluster me to the point where I make some blunder and get this topic closed, it's not going to work. 

The quote you've brought up is me simplifying the idea in hopes that the confusion of this thread can at least have one point that's relatively clear. I'm not trying to 'guilt trip' anyone into anything. There is no guilty party. A private thank you to the Founders does not make it worth any less(in my opinion it can actually make it feel more personal and even more satisfying 'I did a good thing') and can make those of us who choose to continue supporting feel underappreciated. 

They are not insults. But nice try. They are conclusions from the words you speak, which are self-serving. Look it up if you need to. I may not put a political correct spin on my words, but that definition is valid and legal.

A. Warframe patch notes include Founder related items.

B. Those make you feel inadequate.

C. You propose to have them excluded on the basis of item B.

Thats all personal issues you need to work on yourself and has nothing at all to do with Warframes Founders or Developers. Asking the Developers to be a stand-in psychiatrist is just ridiculous, sorry.

Not to mention its a very short sided resolution to a rather spotty subject. Other players have already stated just how much more segregated the playerbase would be if they made separate notes for Founders. You'd be doing more harm then the personal good you're looking for. Look past your own feet.

An addition of new(or updated) Founder exclusive items can have the effect of making non-Founder supporters feel as though their support means less. You referenced being upset about not being able to participate in exclusive events such as the McRib, so naturally I assumed that you were referring to the also exclusive event of being able to purchase the Founders pack. I'm using the defense of 'I don't want them re released' because many people are suggesting that jealousy and outrage at the fact that they haven't been re released as the only possible drive for someone making a post like this. Suggesting that the only possible motive for creating a post such as this is to get the Founders exclusive items once again available for purchase to us envious lot.

OK, so you missed an exclusive promotion, and the participants in the promotion received a new thank you gift.

So, if this were McDonald's, they might run and ad that says, "Go to your nearest McDonald's and pick up you 'I ate a McRib of my own free will' T-Shirt."

Warframe didn't advertise, but they altered the game's code and included information about the change in the patch notes.

In both cases, people that missed the promotion would find out what the participants received.

So, it seems like you are saying it's DE's responsibility to shield you from that information to prevent you from feeling left out. Where does that responsibility end?

It seems like you wanted these specific detail about a change to the game's code omitted from the patch notes, a document specifically created to detail changes to the game's code.

But what if the information is added to the Warframe Wiki, which is not run by DE? You might read it one day. Should they issue a DMCA take down notice to prevent that?

You might decide to run a mission with a pub group. Should that prevent Founder's from joining non-founder games just in case they have their sigils equipped?

What about clans. You might join a clan that has a founder in it, and you could see the sigil in the dojo. Exclusive clans?

Maybe an exclusive game client, so Founders will only be able to run the founder build of Warframe.

Do you see my point? Yes, it's new, and it's only for founders. Yes, the time to get in on the founder packs is long passed. Yes, it's possible that someone might want the new sigil that they can't have and feel left out. But if protecting us from that "left out" feeling is DE's responsibility, how do they do business at this point. How far do they have to go to shield us from negative Warframe related feelings?

OK, so you missed an exclusive promotion, and the participants in the promotion received a new thank you gift.

So, if this were McDonald's, they might run and ad that says, "Go to your nearest McDonald's and pick up you 'I ate a McRib of my own free will' T-Shirt."

Warframe didn't advertise, but they altered the game's code and included information about the change in the patch notes.

In both cases, people that missed the promotion would find out what the participants received.

So, it seems like you are saying it's DE's responsibility to shield you from that information to prevent you from feeling left out. Where does that responsibility end?

It seems like you wanted these specific detail about a change to the game's code omitted from the patch notes, a document specifically created to detail changes to the game's code.

But what if the information is added to the Warframe Wiki, which is not run by DE? You might read it one day. Should they issue a DMCA take down notice to prevent that?

You might decide to run a mission with a pub group. Should that prevent Founder's from joining non-founder games just in case they have their sigils equipped?

What about clans. You might join a clan that has a founder in it, and you could see the sigil in the dojo. Exclusive clans?

Maybe an exclusive game client, so Founders will only be able to run the founder build of Warframe.

Do you see my point? Yes, it's new, and it's only for founders. Yes, the time to get in on the founder packs is long passed. Yes, it's possible that someone might want the new sigil that they can't have and feel left out. But if protecting us from that "left out" feeling is DE's responsibility, how do they do business at this point. How far do they have to go to shield us from negative Warframe related feelings?

I made a request based on feelings that I feel are reasonable. The folks at DE seem like good people who wouldn't want anyone to feel unappreciated because they couldn't afford to support them at a given time. I don't have a problem with founders continuing to receive exclusive gear no do I mind seeing it, but when it's advertised something new at the head of a post that's very easy to see, it might be possible that there is another way to make everyone happy. I see Founder exclusive items in game all the time. I don't know the complete contents of the Founders pack but If I saw something new that looked Founder related I would assume that it was part of the original pack and I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm really not trying to 'Demand that DE shield me from my feelings,' I'm paraphrasing or course, but making those who continue to donate feel appreciated seems like it would be high on their to-do list. I would understand showing greater appreciation to someone who say, bought the 1000p package as opposed to the 250p one because that's something that's ongoing. I would see that as a marketing tactic to encourage people to seek recognition by buying more platinum, but because the Founders pack can no longer be purchased, the same logic does not apply. I'm not saying 'Make me feel appreciated!,' I'm just bringing to light the idea that sometimes some of us could feel underappreciated for something that isn't in any way in our control. It's not like we can go out and buy the Founders pack just so we get an extra 'Thank you' every once in a while. 

Not asking for exclusive items to be re released. I don't have any of the wraith items. Both of those ships have sailed. I've addressed this in the OP and in several comments. I think you and many others are missing the point. Whenever someone proposes a discussion about the founders and related exclusive gear, it seems that the kneejerk response is always the 'It's not getting re released OKAY?!' Defense. We get that. It's not coming back. The main point was the feeling of being underappreciated for similar support, but not requesting anything extra from it, just suggesting that people might not feel underappreciated at all if they weren't reminded that there's someone getting more appreciation. 

nah man, i c wat ur sayin

its just that you cant really have it that way

this is like the 'have yer cake and eat it too' problem

DE already removed the founders gear from the codex so that ppl who can never get it, wont have to see it staring them in the face, but then they can still run across a founder rockn their excal/skana/lato prime ingame

the reminders will always be there, the problem is not with DE dangling things in other players faces, the problem is that the have-nots are just to jelly and are butthurt about it

sure i got a hunter founder pack 2 yrs ago, so i got excal prime, but ill never have the skana/lato prime, and i am totally ok with that, im also totally ok with DE adding the founders sigils, sure ill never have a GM founders sigil, but its GOOD that DE is willing to give props to the ppl who helped get this crazy train started, and that's really all there is to it, anything else is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill

i dont think that later supporters of say prime access packs or whatevs are underappreciated, becuz they also have had the opportunity to get exclusive stuff that anyone who missed it, cannot currently obtain

but then again, i think the whole exclusivity issue is a big mess anyways, as the entire epeen / nerd-ego thing enables so many other issues with a lot of ppl (sadly, but hey, not everyone can be ice cool unfortunately)

TL;DR - your core argument is that founders get more recognition than prime access supporters and you think that is unfair, i disagree ; additionally your idea of ignorance is bliss, while accurate to some degree, IMHO just encourages more of the same kind of thinking, which led you to here in the first place, thusly, it was bad logic

plz dont take offense or take this personally and get defensive, it's just how it is, no reason to get the jimmies rustled

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

As for the Founders Sigil, I would have been disappointed if DE did NOT make it. It is a cosmetic item that provides Founders to show their swag, but not too much of a gift that it overshadows the Mastery Sigil. With that point, The Mastery Sigil is the largest reason I am so content with the Founders sigil. It is kind of like the Founders sigil for the masses. If anyone is whining about not having the Founders Sigil, they need to rethink their priorities. There are plenty of other sigils to be used, many very good looking, that you can equip. There would be nothing wrong with a Prime Access Sigil, but don't see any need for one either.

As for the Bright Purity mod, I think that it is more of a band-aid for the problems with the Founders weapons. Even with the Bright Purity mod, Skana Prime is not that great. It is now usable. If DE finally buffs Skana Prime, then I would say it is necessary for Bright Purity to no longer affect Skana Prime. On a slight side-note, as a sign of respect to the Founders, Skana Prime should be buffed to identical stats as Dakra Prime. Have it almost be like Skana Prime is a Dakra Prime skin.

As for the Founders Sigil, I would have been disappointed if DE did NOT make it. It is a cosmetic item that provides Founders to show their swag, but not too much of a gift that it overshadows the Mastery Sigil. With that point, The Mastery Sigil is the largest reason I am so content with the Founders sigil. It is kind of like the Founders sigil for the masses. If anyone is whining about not having the Founders Sigil, they need to rethink their priorities. There are plenty of other sigils to be used, many very good looking, that you can equip. There would be nothing wrong with a Prime Access Sigil, but don't see any need for one either.

As for the Bright Purity mod, I think that it is more of a band-aid for the problems with the Founders weapons. Even with the Bright Purity mod, Skana Prime is not that great. It is now usable. If DE finally buffs Skana Prime, then I would say it is necessary for Bright Purity to no longer affect Skana Prime. On a slight side-note, as a sign of respect to the Founders, Skana Prime should be buffed to identical stats as Dakra Prime. Have it almost be like Skana Prime is a Dakra Prime skin.

That or make both founders weapons be substitutable skins for items of the same type. For example you could use the 'Lato Prime Skin' on the Lex prime or any of the other more powerful pistols. That probably won't happen but I understand how it might feel to have exclusive weapons that are out performed by non-exclusive ones . If the weapons were classified as skins instead, no one could rationally complain that a Founder Exclusive weapon was any better than any other obtainable weapon of the same type. 

I suppose those who are as strongly opposed to this topic as yourself will simply see this is as weakness, but it is not from you that I seek assistance. I have responded to nearly every comment in this thread quite civilly, if I might say so, whereas many who don't agree with me have responded in a not-so-civil fashion. I will choose not to converse with those of you who can't keep your cool when someone doesn't agree with the argument that you make. 

You're doing it again. You're only aknowledging people who agree with you, and dismiss those who don't. I kept it civil. You obstinately refuse to admit that your point of view is just that : ONE point of view, and needs to be put in balance with the other way to see it.

You refuse to aknowledge me because I see the other side of the coin whereas you obviously refuse to. Have it your way then, no skin off my nose anyway. At least I tried to to make you understand that non Founders are not being underappreciated at all, and that giving Prime packs the same kind of treatment the Founder's pack received could be perceived as, just like you state, an underappreciation for Founders, because of what Foundership represents for them. I harbor no hard feelings toward you, i just wish you did the same.

nah man, i c wat ur sayin

its just that you cant really have it that way

this is like the 'have yer cake and eat it too' problem

DE already removed the founders gear from the codex so that ppl who can never get it, wont have to see it staring them in the face, but then they can still run across a founder rockn their excal/skana/lato prime ingame

the reminders will always be there, the problem is not with DE dangling things in other players faces, the problem is that the have-nots are just to jelly and are butthurt about it

sure i got a hunter founder pack 2 yrs ago, so i got excal prime, but ill never have the skana/lato prime, and i am totally ok with that, im also totally ok with DE adding the founders sigils, sure ill never have a GM founders sigil, but its GOOD that DE is willing to give props to the ppl who helped get this crazy train started, and that's really all there is to it, anything else is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill

i dont think that later supporters of say prime access packs or whatevs are underappreciated, becuz they also have had the opportunity to get exclusive stuff that anyone who missed it, cannot currently obtain

but then again, i think the whole exclusivity issue is a big mess anyways, as the entire epeen / nerd-ego thing enables so many other issues with a lot of ppl (sadly, but hey, not everyone can be ice cool unfortunately)

TL;DR - your core argument is that founders get more recognition than prime access supporters and you think that is unfair, i disagree ; additionally your idea of ignorance is bliss, while accurate to some degree, IMHO just encourages more of the same kind of thinking, which led you to here in the first place, thusly, it was bad logic

plz dont take offense or take this personally and get defensive, it's just how it is, no reason to get the jimmies rustled

I try not to take offense to any argument that's not attacking my character but instead offering an opposing view of the topic at hand. Honestly even including any founders changes as a spoiler at the bottom of the patch notes would probably do it. More than a few people have suggested that by completely removing added items from a patch note would open up the oportunity for DE to sneakily leave other things out and do all sorts of dastardly deeds. I don't agree that they would ever do something underhanded by omitting patch notes to give someone an unfair advantage or for a bribe or whatever these folks are suggesting, but I see the issue with completely changing the patch notes. 

I don't think that it's intentional to make anyone feel underappreciated or that anyone's support is more valuable than any other, but the way things are, a body can get kind of down thinking that they couldn't help as much as someone else did. I'm sure that DE appreciates every bit of support that they're given and that they wouldn't want anyone to feel left out.

My hope is that DE sees this and makes their own call about whether or not it really is an issue. I won't keep pressing it if the post starts to die and it appears that DE doesn't think of this as an issue.