The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblades? Why Not Gun And Blade?

BarneyNotTheDinosaur

Lol I just thought about this topic right before sleeping so never really gave it a lot of thought.

WHAT ARE YOUR TAKES ON THE TOPIC? SHARE YOUR IDEAS.

As someone who is about to pass out, I would be willing to wager you probably like both Bleach and Naruto.

Anyways the idea poorly thought out, and incredibly difficult to implement in such a way that it wouldn't look awful, while maintaining what little continuity or cohesion this game has lore-wise(IE: Making a new weapon set would leave so many question unanswered about all the previous unpaired weapons).

Also, yes, I'm judging you based on your example gifs. The upside you didn't reference "Gun Sword" which should really be called "Claw Armor".

Since their making new weapons to make combat versatile why not make a stance mod that would utilize single handed secondaries and melee weapons

Why not, instead, add a system where we can use melee and pistols simultaneously WITHOUT the use of stances, because stances are overly complicated and overly showy and force the player to follow the animation team's idea of how combat should work instead of vice versa.

Which isn't isn't a diss against the animation team. The stances are all technically proficient and well executed. They just don't mesh well with the gameplay.

Edited by Momaw

However, there is no way to really create the transition

Yeah there is. Either melee + gun is one weapon that uses both secondary and melee or consists of one melee weapon that can be used with one handed secondary weapons.

Option 1:  The gun and the sword are used separately, but both are carried on hand at the same time. You then allow the "Switch to melee" button to swap between the gun and the sword instantly. Allowing weapon switching to instantly cancel combos might make it more interesting, as well. This would make it much harder to make melee + gun stance combos, though. Would also require a large amount of coding.

Option 2: The two weapons are used at the same time. Repurpose either the focus button or the block button into a firing mode for the gun. This option allows for possible melee + gun stance combos, which could be very interesting. This would probably require the least amount of coding.

I think I would need to go digging through old dev streams to find proof of this but I do remember Steve confirming that sword and gun was confirmed to be a thing in-progress when melee-2.0 was still in works.

I mean the same update had it's loading screen set to a Hydroid holding an Attica and Nami Solo (before the Nami Solo was even a thing) but we had no such system in the game.