The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Reputation As A Currency

Imaru

DISCLAIMER: This is not related to this thread. 

Now that we have Syndicates in the game, we functionally have 3 forms of in game currency: Credits (good for blueprints, trading, crafting, and fusion), Platinum (good for cosmetics, slots, and other "non-essentials"), and Syndicate Reputation (good for, well, Syndicate Stores). They are all useful in their own way, but I feel like there must be a way to streamline the currency systems in the game. I have no idea how it would be done, and I don't think that they need to be streamlined because they are overly complex, but because they feel somewhat redundant.

Having 3 forms of currency is like having (using American currency as an example) dollars that can buy some things (your electrical bill), some things you can only buy with cents (like luxuries), and some things you can only buy through barter (food, for example). But then you can actually get some of the bartered goods for dollars and cents. It feels redundant. 

Eh, I don't see it. Not like it wasn't any less weird before - when you could buy certain things with credits but there were also super special secret items you had to buy special money with real-world money to gain access to.

Multiple MMOs have things you can only acquire through certain currencies that aren't the typical "credit" system - and the logistics behind the way it is are already explained as well.

It's a F2P game... It will always have at least 2 forms of currency. One related to in-game and the other representing real world money.

It's pretty much in the F2P play book, haha.

That really isn't my point. My point is that I think that there might be too much overlap in what the various currencies can do and as a result they feel redundant. 

Reputation isn't so much a currency as it is a numerical measure of favours and influence that you can call on. Currently you can onyl get goods with that favour and influence but we would hope that will expand past just goods for in the future.

Edited by Loswaith

Reputation isn't so much a currency as it is a numerical measure of favours and influence that you can call on, so that you can currently get goods for (that hopefully will expand past just goods for in the future).

I call it a currency because you can exchange it for goods (specters, mods, sigils, blueprints).  Frankly, any currency is a numerical measure of favors and influence you can call on, as you so eloquently put it.