Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities Need To Be More Dynamic.

Innocent_Flower

If we could hold 1,2,3,4 down for a stronger,longer,bigger or alternative Ability, we'd have a gameplay improvement. A lot more active skill in play. Be it judging the perfect distance for an icewave to hit, Putting enough in a fireball to be perfectly effective and energy efficient, Dashing the right distance, having a vortex last the ideal amount of time. 

If we had enemies who had abilities to cancel abilities, we'd have a little more active skill in play. If we had enemies who had abilities to heal, buff or resurrect allies, Eximus units would actually change gameplay in an actually interesting way. 

Oh, and if abilities would change depending on where they were; That'd be great too. Even if it were for game ballance.

Ellements/abilities causing special effects on some enemies. Like Lightning detonating scorches. Hydroid's water making enemies more vulnerable to shock and cold. Mag's magnetic abilities causing grineer to have painful spasms from their armour magnetizing to itself.  telleport causing shield lancers to drop shields.   

Abilities changing depending on what surface they're used on. Some abilities gaining huge range/duration if they're used on the right surface. Gasses (like the stuff coming from vents/pipes in grineer ships) Boost the effects of some abilities. 

Defence objectives fling certain abilities away from themselves, change them, or change the AI to deal with them. meaning no more "Vortex makes infested defence completely trivial" as vortex is either bounced several metres away from the pod, or changed so that it pushes rather than pulls and therefore slightly slows enemies moving towards the pod. Snowglobe on the pod would encourage enemies to get in closer, but the snowglobe would be stronger. Fireblast would go from circular in area of effect to donut on an artifact so that fireblast can remain strong whilst not OP in defence. 

I've always thought that certain abilities should have a charging feature (Soul Punch) or a toggle feature (Iron Skin) and have some of their properties changed up. I'd even go as far as to suggest continuous fire on abilities. Imagine Frost having a Freeze Ray instead of just a freeze blast. Imagine Nekros doing a Soul Haymaker instead of a regular jab.

I agree with more dynamic powers. That just adds to the fun.

I've always thought that certain abilities should have a charging feature (Soul Punch) or a toggle feature (Iron Skin) and have some of their properties changed up. I'd even go as far as to suggest continuous fire on abilities. Imagine Frost having a Freeze Ray instead of just a freeze blast. Imagine Nekros doing a Soul Haymaker instead of a regular jab.

I agree with more dynamic powers. That just adds to the fun.

Holy crap. "Soul haymaker"? That's awesome.