The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Came Up With A Way To Incorporate "heavy Weapons".

Dio_Brando

In a devstream they mentioned a new weapon type in the "heavy weapon" variety. So to balance them simply forfeit the use of your secondary and or you melee weapon and wallah, good to go. I can see a mini gun type tenno weapon, working this way. Basically these weapons would be one step down from the archwing super heavies. What do you think?

awful, you can't sacrifice the auxiliary weapon for the sake of one unwieldy heavy weapon, i could do with a speed debuff considering it's supposed to be heavy, or a long ready time or weapon switch time, but if the weapon has some kind of detriment it should be on itself, not on secondary weapons, even fighter pilots carry a handgun.

Ok question, by the way you say "heavy" weapons you mean Giant Dakka dakka machines? If so how the hell are you supposed to run and jump around with a big @$$ gun on your back.

Also we technically do have "heavy" namely the Penta, Ogris, Gorgon and Supra.

The same way we manage to run around with the Galatine on our back (or in our hands).

now if its an animation set i would definitely pay for a harness that allowed me to mount some primary weapons in the shoulder, at least the ones that make some sense like Gorgon, Supra, Ogris, Penta, Opticor perhaps even Soma or Lanka but no bows or "small" guns like Boar, Ignis and Grakata

now if its an animation set i would definitely pay for a harness that allowed me to mount some primary weapons in the shoulder, at least the ones that make some sense like Gorgon, Supra, Ogris, Penta, Opticor perhaps even Soma or Lanka but no bows or "small" guns like Boar, Ignis and Grakata

Which spawns an idea in me: a harness system, rather than the primary/secondary/melee system. Whaddaya think? Actually i'm going to go create another thread for this one sec.

Which spawns an idea in me: a harness system, rather than the primary/secondary/melee system. Whaddaya think? Actually i'm going to go create another thread for this one sec.

complex to make and i'm not sure if cost/benefit make it worth while but still interesting, link your other post later

Closest I could see to using this would be switching from Archwing mode to land mode mid-mission while still using the Archwing weapons.

That said, we already have most "heavy" weapon types as standalone primaries (Opticor, anyone?) so I don't think this will be needed for a good while.