Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing My Weapon-Wishes Into The Bucket.

DXXXVIII

At first i would like to see some varition in the Weapons (to be honest, some just feel quite the same)... and so on... some of my suggestions may seem a bit exotic.

For Large Rifle Slot

Flamethrower: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamethrower

Who doesnt love Flamethrower?

Internal fire damage, large Clip and this "Spraying Flames" feeling...

(there could be also Nitrogenium- and Biohazard-Guns with internal Frost- and Poison-damage instead of the internal fire-damage)

For Melee Slot

Kusarigama: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama

Normal attacks: short ranged, dagger-like attacks (as much u can do dagger-like attacks with a Kama)

Charged attacks: Wide Arc-swing with the heavy weight-Ball at the end of the Chain.

For Melee Slot

Flail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_(weapon)

Delivers the ability to speed up the rotation of the spiked ball and so on adding +5 ( or maybe more) basedamage for every consecuent swing that didnt hit an Enemy up to +20 basedamage and resetting after hitting an enemy or by stopping the swingchain. By timing a charged attack right after speeding up of the rotation of the Spiked-Ball(charging up basedamage) can also increase the damage of the charged attack.

Like this:

Basedamage = 40

->First Swing  that didnt hit Enemy= 45 BaseDmg

->Second Swing that didnt hit Enemy= 50 BaseDmg

-> Charged Attack = 50 BaseDmg * 400(Charged attack multiplier)

or with a normal attack at the end of the chain

Basedamage= 40

-> First Swing that didnt hit Enemy = 45 BaseDmg

-> Second Swing hitting Enemy = Dealing 45 Damage

For Melee Slot

Throwing Knives:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_knives

Normal attacks: Just normal Dagger-like attacks (short ranged, fast, armor penetrating)

Charged attacks: Throw a Dagger in a soft arc.

Just like the Arrows of the Pares fly... just slower and with a stronger flying-arc and with Daggers/Knives instead of a Bolt/Arrow.

Stronger arc and slower projectile speed because we dont want to have throwing Daggers/Knives being better than the Pares.

The Arc should be at least that strong that people cant easily snipe with it.

For Pistol Slot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_dart

Theres only one dart at the rope so ur Magazine capacity is just 1.

Therefore the dart needs to be pulled back (reloaded) after every throw and

due to the dart being attached to a Rope, theres a Max-Range the Projectile can fly... lets say 10m.

To overcome this drawbacks, the Rope-dart deals a significant or at least moderate amount of Damage and has infinite Ammo.

Using rifle and melee slot at once

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonet

Assault-rifle with attached Bayonet 

Cheap price in the market.

Doing melee- or 2h-rifle-kills both contributes to the same weapon which would make this weapon easy to level and a good starter pick.

Would like to hear suggestions to my suggestions...

and if maybe enough ppl vote it up... the devs get aware of them.

Btw sry for the bad english.

Greetings

DXXXVIII

Edited by DXXXVIII

1,no thx its a Stealth game

2.maby... but it too hard work for the DE...

3.Ampsih?... i mean we got ampish

4.FK i want it ....it will improve Stleath WAYYY to good its feels like (

This isn't really a stealth game. It's more of a "I suggest you don't stand out in the open and get swarmed" kind of game. In fact, it's not even a very efficient stealth game right now.

As for the actual thread.

1) Could do, but why would you have one? What would its use be? Would't it be too big (or dangereous = fuel tanks) to carry? It feels like it'd only be effective (if not even ovepowered) against the Infested. It'd have a ridiculously low range, probably, such that even a Strun could be used as a sniper in comparison.

2) You already have a lot of dual weapons and similar weapons. Right now I don't see the need for more dagger-like weapons.

3) I like the idea but... I don't see where the logic comes from. Why, or how, would the weapon do that? Also, we already have a set of heavy weapons and (at least as far as I know) they are somewhat underrated and overall not as good as some of the dual weapons out there.

4) We already have a bow. Also, according to our current stealth mechanics, the enemy would be warned and by the time you try to kill the guy you pulled in everybody in the area will ring the alarms or storm to you.

1,no thx its a Stealth game

2.maby... but it too hard work for the DE...

3.Ampsih?dunno how u think that throwing knives are like am

4.FK i want it ....it will improve Stleath WAYYY to good its feels like (get-over-here-o.gif

1. Stealth Game? We allready got a Light-machine-gun dude xP

2. Well adding a higher variety of utility to the weapons would freshen the game a bit, but yes its harder to implement than just another

"do damage on normal attack, do more damage on charged attack"-Wpn

3. Amphis? hows a throwing dagger an Amphis?

4. Thx^^

This isn't really a stealth game. It's more of a "I suggest you don't stand out in the open and get swarmed" kind of game. In fact, it's not even a very efficient stealth game right now.

As for the actual thread.

1) Could do, but why would you have one? What would its use be? Would't it be too big (or dangereous = fuel tanks) to carry? It feels like it'd only be effective (if not even ovepowered) against the Infested. It'd have a ridiculously low range, probably, such that even a Strun could be used as a sniper in comparison.

2) You already have a lot of dual weapons and similar weapons. Right now I don't see the need for more dagger-like weapons.

3) I like the idea but... I don't see where the logic comes from. Why, or how, would the weapon do that? Also, we already have a set of heavy weapons and (at least as far as I know) they are somewhat underrated and overall not as good as some of the dual weapons out there.

4) We already have a bow. Also, according to our current stealth mechanics, the enemy would be warned and by the time you try to kill the guy you pulled in everybody in the area will ring the alarms or storm to you.

1)Flamethrower: Just for the fun-Aspect and being able to do a good short ranged crowd controle, run in and spray fire...

The argument of "we have allready"... we also have allready 3 kinds of braton and 3 1h-daggers that are all quite the same >.>

2)Kusarigama: The difference would be that u got a short range weapon and a long range weapon at once. short range normal attacks, long range (heavy melee range) charged attacks.

3)Flail: Its a spiked ball attached to a chain attached to a stick. By spinning the weapon u increase its speed and therefore its power, just like in real. (with the exception that u dont do so many spins tho increase the speed of that ball in real, in real its max 1-2 spinns) 

4)We allready have a bow... but we dont have a shortranged pistol-slot-bow with unlimited ammo. and even if its not usefull all the time let it have its fun-factor and its niche, like the bronco got its niche. Btw its not supposed to pull the enemy, its supposed to kill.

Edited by DXXXVIII

1)Flamethrower: Just for the fun-Aspect and being able to do a good short ranged crowd controle, run in and spray fire...

The argument of "we have allready"... we also have allready 3 kinds of braton >.>

2)Kusarigama: The difference would be that u got a short range weapon and a long range weapon at once. short range normal attacks, long range (heavy melee range) charged attacks.

3)Flail: Its a spiked ball attached to a chain attached to a stick. By spinning the weapon u increase its speed and therefore its power, just like in real. (with the exception that u dont do so many spins tho increase the speed of that ball in real, in real its max 1-2 spinns) 

4)We allready have a bow... but we dont have a shortranged pistol-slot-bow with unlimited ammo. and even if its not usefull all the time let it have its fun-factor and its niche, like the bronco got its niche. Btw its not supposed to pull the enemy, its supposed to kill.

1) Fair enough. I still don't see it *practical*, however.

The argument of "we have already" using bratons is invalid. The first one is a simple starter weapon, the second one is a more powerful rifle (the actual one) and the third one is a *limited* and *unavailable* version.

2) Okay, but I don't see the point. If I want long ranged attacks I'll overall pick a long-ranged weapon like the Scindo. If I want short attacks I'll pick a dual weapon - I don't see the need to have a strange mixture.

3) I know how a flail works but spinning the ball won't do much more damage - the main damage comes from the blunt strike and the spikes... whether the ball is moving or not is not going to affect the damage by much, if at all.

4) First of all unlimited ammo is out of the question. Limited sure, but unlimited? That'd be overpowered, in a way, compared to all other weapons so far (except for melee ofc, but getting into melee has its disadvantages). The bronco is actually a very useful weapon if you have a long-ranged main, like latron/snipetron - you can balance it with a short-range weapon. Like Bronco, Akbolto, Twin Vipers / Afuris.

At first i would like to see some varition in the Weapons (to be honest theyre just all pretty the same)...

So I do like some of your ideas, especially the flame thrower. That being said I really disagree with your opening thesis. In the catagorie of sidearm if you really think there is not difference between the lex and the viper, and that both of those are the same as the bolto, I can't help you. I think that even though there might be room for a few more weapon ideas that there is already a pretty good degree if variance.

1) Fair enough. I still don't see it *practical*, however.

The argument of "we have already" using bratons is invalid. The first one is a simple starter weapon, the second one is a more powerful rifle (the actual one) and the third one is a *limited* and *unavailable* version.

2) Okay, but I don't see the point. If I want long ranged attacks I'll overall pick a long-ranged weapon like the Scindo. If I want short attacks I'll pick a dual weapon - I don't see the need to have a strange mixture.

3) I know how a flail works but spinning the ball won't do much more damage - the main damage comes from the blunt strike and the spikes... whether the ball is moving or not is not going to affect the damage by much, if at all.

4) First of all unlimited ammo is out of the question. Limited sure, but unlimited? That'd be overpowered, in a way, compared to all other weapons so far (except for melee ofc, but getting into melee has its disadvantages). The bronco is actually a very useful weapon if you have a long-ranged main, like latron/snipetron - you can balance it with a short-range weapon. Like Bronco, Akbolto, Twin Vipers / Afuris.

1) However, we dont have allready a Innate flame damage dealing Spray-gun that would still offer more variety to the weapons than 3 kinds of braton, even if one of the bratons is limited one is bad an the other less bad.

2) Its variety... Why should i take a tank/dps Hybrid warframe like Frost if i can pick volt as a damage warframe or rhino as a tank warframe? Hybrid-Frames and weapons add variety... thats the answer. And even if u dont like hybrids... im pretty sure that they would also add more variety than another Longsword that feels like just another 1h-Scana/Pangolinsword/jawsword/cronus/darksword.

3) Its still a game and its mechanics dont need to be 100% realistic, i mean u shoot 10k bolts out of a boltot that seems to have a magacine that cant hold even 3 Bolts at once.

4) Even unlimited ammo can be balanced out, make the dartreload/rope-pull-back 5 seconds or just decrease the range... having no unlimited range is also a high drawback that no other pistol got.

Edited by DXXXVIII

So I do like some of your ideas, especially the flame thrower. That being said I really disagree with your opening thesis. In the catagorie of sidearm if you really think there is not difference between the lex and the viper, and that both of those are the same as the bolto, I can't help you. I think that even though there might be room for a few more weapon ideas that there is already a pretty good degree if variance.

Yes maybe i took some wrong words/overstatement to underline my thesis... will change it to "some just feel same" and yes, the sidearm section isnt that extreme.

Edited by DXXXVIII

I just dropped in to say that a Flamethrower should never be implemented into the game, that weapon would be getting into Ember's territory which is flame damage a bit too much. Use your fire damage mods if you want fire or play Ember, we don't need a flamethrower weapon, we already got a flamethrower in the form of a Warframe.

Cheers.

would be cool 2 and im pretty sure that thats the way the throwing knives will go. however i would have been very happy so see some unique charge attacks than just the simple "deal more damage on charge attack" were allready used 2.

Edited by DXXXVIII

I love the way the Ether sword/daggers look and really want to see that kind of style in a great sword.

Ether Greatblade

30-40 damage

1.2 - 1.4 attack speed

Quick charge speed

Moderate charge damage (maybe just doubled)

Smaller AoE jump attack with a 5%-10% stagger chance

Hits multiple targets in a smaller arc than Gram

Armor pen