Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat Warning

Yoshimitzu

Question

Greetings Tenno,

I'll be damned, this issue is actually ruining the game for me, I've had this problem for a while, I can't join most of the games but I'm still able to find people to play with and I can connect to some of my clan mates, but now I've gotten into trading and I simply can't, first 2 businesses went pretty good, now I've had issues with connecting with all my potential buyers due to this problem.

I have a Technicolor TG784n V3 and from what I have read, it's known for being problematic.

I've already port forwarded to no avail. I know the problem is on my end, my ISP is PT comunicações, a portuguese one and they suck, they charge for support. Unbelivable.

Anyone got a fix, portuguese Meo fellas, have you been able to fix this issue?

Cheers..

9 answers to this question

Check your IP address. If it's a private address ( ie ... 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x ) then port forwarding is pointless and you'll be stuck with issues. I'm referring here to the address your ISP gives you.

The "fix" is to find an ISP that will give you a public address, or find a plan with your current ISP that will do the same.

Example. Here in Australia, I'm currently running pre-paid mobile broadband with Telstra. That's a private address. If I switch to a plan ( x dollars a month for y months minimum ) then I get a public address, and all (most?) of my problems connecting directly to others via invite go away.

Do they have a router you can upgrade to? If not, your only option would likely be to switch your ISP.

Unless this is only occuring in this game?

Have you used the most appropriate method, and done it correctly, with help from these guides? http://portforward.com/

Tbh, I play some other games on steam with no problems at all, and also LoL.

I'm thinking about changing router, but I have been told you need to keep the one your ISP provided, and connect the new router to the default router.

Chaning ISP is not possible, I just changed last year and still have a 1 year left of fidelization before I can change.

Wil read those guides thorougly, thank you.

regards

Edit**

So I've gone through the portforwarding tutorials but there is no specific tutorial for my router, can I use a tutorial for a different model?

Edited by Yoshimitzu

This might not be the exact model but it will be the same steps.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Technicolor/TG587nv3_Technicolor/Warframe.htm

Followed all the steps to the line, still isn't working.

Turn uPnP off if you are port forwarded.

This guide might help if you haven't seen it already:

https://forum.meo.pt/t5/Equipamentos-Internet/Portforwarding-TECHNICOLOR-TG784n-V3/td-p/24343

I understand everything until he starts talking about telnet, what is telnet? is it already a part of windows? a third party app? how do I run it?

I'm lost :/

Thanks.

Check your IP address. If it's a private address ( ie ... 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x ) then port forwarding is pointless and you'll be stuck with issues. I'm referring here to the address your ISP gives you.

The "fix" is to find an ISP that will give you a public address, or find a plan with your current ISP that will do the same.

Example. Here in Australia, I'm currently running pre-paid mobile broadband with Telstra. That's a private address. If I switch to a plan ( x dollars a month for y months minimum ) then I get a public address, and all (most?) of my problems connecting directly to others via invite go away.

Yep my IP address does start in 192.168.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try to sort this out with my ISP.

192.168 etc... is the address your router gives you.

http://www.whatismyip.com/ is the address your ISP gives you.

That website may or may not work. If the IP address your ISP gives you is in private space, it definitely won't work.

Your correct that we are not concerned with an IP address your own router gives you, or the internal IP address you gave your own router (likely the default if you never changed it). It's the IP address your ISP gives your external interface that concerns us here. If that's a private space address then your going to have problems with invites in Warframe.