Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc] A Question Of Ocs And Warframes - How Far Can You Go?

Morec0

I was sitting down, procrastinating as usual, when an idea struck me: "every single person in this community has thought of at least one frame idea at one point, and there's at least some semblance of an active roleplaying community - but what happens when these two things meet?"

Basically, the question is this: what is the general opinion of you roleplayers on the creation of original frame ideas (that is to say: frames that are not and probably never will be in the actual game) as vessels for your Tenno to run around and do what Tenno do best in? Is that something you shy away from or is it an idea you fully embrace?

I could probably get this answer by sorting through a few RP threads, but I'm lazy and that's a LOT of pages - and know ya'll REALLY like to type out things about your characters

That's a tough question. Usually we stick to regular frames to avoid the hate that comes along with anything remotely lorebreaking.

A large amount of community-made frames are OP and far too personal. Many RPers - and don't take me lightly - will react like hungry wolves the instant you introduce a new frame.

It's best to create a character, not a frame. There are plenty of regular humans (Syndicates, colonies, etc.) in the threads too.

Whatever you do, be consistent with your characters. And don't RP as the Stalker; we know too little of him besides his "2 spooky 4 me" vibe.

You may want to check your grammar and spelling, too. People will have a better reaction if you write well.

Cheerio!

I personally stick with the actuall already excisting frames. You don't need to create a compleetly new warframe to make a good character, something that I try to constantly prove. And then we have the problem with the powers of the homebrew frames, I don't trust that people won't make things up as they go and take what's convinient at the time to get an edge over others "Oh my OC can use this for their abilities"

Plus, the homebrew frame characters rarely have any character to speek of. I know that I will more than likely get a lot of S#&$ for saying this but that's been my excperience with RP so far. There are only a few homebrew frame chars that I have no problem with but those generally have some sort acctual thoughtout story behind it. But in general I don't like RPing with "Original" frames.

I tried making a thread like this. It never really caught on.

What should be done is to have people vote on whether that frame is acceptable or not. The poor characters are caused by poor authors, which tend to make poor decisions.

Original Warframes allows for new possibilities, and if paired with a good author, can improve the overall quality of the character.

Looking at a lot of these, I suppose it's a good thing my original-frame-wearing character Conflagration never caught on; and that I really have no interest in joining up on Forum RPing (especially in a game that we're still not 100% sure WHAT our characters are - not offense meant to anyone).

And though I understand the concerns about OC frames, I personally agree with what Wartex1 is suggesting; although I also have to pay respects to the majority rule and the fact that if everyone is allowed an OC frame then we're likely not to see any actual frames in favor of everyone's self-insert characters. It's an interesting line that I was just curious where this board stood on.

I'm meh with the concept of original frames. If they are well thought out, not OP, have reason to exist, are well explained (powers, stats ect.) and have a good character behind them not entirely reliant on their specific frames, they're fine by me.

Related with custom frames, I think that gender-swapped frames (example a female Ash) are okay, and I think the majority would agree with me since I've seen quite a lot of people use OCs with gender-swap frames.