Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want A Beam Scythe

ADDpillz

How would you get the light to curve? And how would you get it to terminate after a set distance? I quite like how the Plasma Sword/Gram do it. It's a laser that goes back into the sword itself. Explain how a laser scythe would happen.

er... how about magic? Technowizardry? Advanced Science that nobody understands right now?

Ok, enough with the jokes, some other fellow already suggested it somewhere here: Why not make it like the Plasma Sword/Gram?

A "core" of metal, with light/plasma around it. And yeah, light does normally not bend, but maybe the Tenno found a way to integrate little black holes in their weaponry, or found another way of accumulating enough mass to bend light.

As I said before: Space Ninjas. Now tell me that there are things that are impossible.

How would you get the light to curve? And how would you get it to terminate after a set distance? I quite like how the Plasma Sword/Gram do it. It's a laser that goes back into the sword itself. Explain how a laser scythe would happen.

It could work...It can have an plasma outline going around the curved blade. 

It could work...It can have an plasma outline going around the curved blade. 

so very Phantasy Star Online in appearance? (also like the Gram currently)

I am fine with that. Having a pole arm would be nice, especially if it could be programmed to deal the most damage at the blade and less at the haft when swung, making it a skill requiring weapon to get the best performance out of.

So if we already agree that they WERE adapted as weapons, even if we can agree on them being not the most effective weapons, why not have them in the game? Currently we only have 3 heavy melee weapons, 1 more wouldn't hurt.

And just for the feeling, with a Scythe you can feel like the Grim Reaper himself. Awesome!

So pls tell me why this topic is silly?

The star wars Light Sabers were explained as having a power cell, emitter, and an electromagnetic field to hold the shape of the blade and prevent energy bleedout, meaning that the power cell is pretty much good forever, since the energy used to create the blade was both a small power draw on the cell, and recycled back into the cell when the saber is powered down. In No More Heroes, all but the final Beam katana had an emitter and emitter receiver cap on a "spine" to recycle the energy and cap the distance of the beam. I think the Gram and Plasma Sword go more for the emitter cap and spine method, while DE could potentially use differing methods for a beam scythe, energy-edged scythe, or a high-frequency scythe (High frequency weapons vibrate at ultra-high frequencies, the blade thus able to shear through even hardened materials due to the vibrations coursing through the blade).

I honestly would love both Scythes and Sickles, and varying styles of them (Dual short blade sickles, heavy scythe, etc., made with Ether, Plasma Edge, or even Infested variants).