Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salad Grind Solutions

HonestOrangeAppleHorse

Just a couple of ideas on how DE might be able to fix the excessive amount of grind involved in recovering the Mutant Salad key and in turn, farming for Mesa in general.

First Option: Make Mutant Salad the Boss for Eris. There's no boss node there at the moment and I somewhat expect DE to put Mr. V there at some point after all the hype for the new update wears off, making it much like many of the Frames which we are used to, killing a boss in order to grind out the parts. Mesa will still be an endgame frame seeing as how Eris is one of the later planets to unlock, many bosses needing to be defeated in order to start acquiring her parts from Mutant Salad. It certainly would help to break the excessive grind trend that more recent Frames have been forced into (Zephyr's Oxium, Beacons for Hydroid, 300 excavators for Limbo). However, due to the fact that Alad V is seen in early game and that the Mutalist version of him certainly deserves some form of "Special Treatment" when it comes to finally meeting him and kicking his &#!, I feel that my second method might be much more appreciated.

Rather than offering his coordinates as an end-of-mission reward, dependent on the generosity of RNGesus, simply make Mutalist Nav Coordinates operate in the same manner as Golem Nav Coordinates, dropping from containers, lockers and enemies that you happen to interact with during infested invasion missions. Of course, in order to add some grind to the process, either reduce their spawn rate or increase the the cap on how many are needed to craft the Salad key. This would certainly help to solve several problems with the mechanics of the game, making it easier to obtain the coordinates for one thing as well as removing the problem of only being able to receive one coordinate per invasion which happens to be offering it. Furthermore, it would certainly provide a greater level of reward for participating in Infested invasions, rather than them being ignored by almost all of the player base, their rewards currently being lackluster to any but the newest of players, many of whom being unable to complete said invasions.

I hope DE takes these points into consideration because all I am seeing right now in my clan chat are complaints about how difficult Mutant Salad keys and Mesa are to get and that there is such thing as too much grind.

Hornet Out.

End-of-mission reward is fine for me. I can make myself replenishing my fieldrons/detonite/mutagen supplies ( I mean assembled) and btw for relatively easy missions you earn quite a lot of everything. Do grind with friends so you have 4 keys instead of one and as a result you may probably get the whole set for one run.

I say, no to any changes, thank you so much.

They shouldn't even be dropping in invasions. Sometimes infested invasions doesn't appear for DAYS. It's too freaking random. They should be dropping from new infested enemies throughout the solar system, or from Derelict.

Expect to increase the quantity of said missions very soon.

Edited by YourMoms

End-of-mission reward is fine for me. I can make myself replenishing my fieldrons/detonite/mutagen supplies ( I mean assembled) and btw for relatively easy missions you earn quite a lot of everything. Do grind with friends so you have 4 keys instead of one and as a result you may probably get the whole set for one run.

Still an absurd amount of grind required. And even if we got 3 navs from 2 invasion, it would still be terrible if the invasion only came 4-5 times a week, and disappeared after 15min each time because of so many people farming them. THIS SYSTEM IS TERRIBLE!

They shouldn't even be dropping in invasions. Sometimes infested invasions doesn't appear for DAYS. It's too freaking random. They should be dropping from new infested enemies throughout the solar system, or from Derelict.

That's basically what I said for the second option. Golem Coordinates already drop from Derelict and throughout the Solar System basically means Invasions or Eris. I suppose it might be fair to have them drop from Dark Sectors though.

All well and good to replenish materials that you only use on a few weapons, most of which aren't even that good but who in the world wants to have to go back to their Dojo after a mission in order to trade some Ammo Drum mods for some coordinates after every mission, using up daily trades in order to have a shot at getting into the mission and getting something good out of it? You just end up with one guy holding all the cards with few chances to return them if things don't go to plan, assuming he doesn't just cheat people out and sell them off. Shouldn't have to put you faith in the hope that things will go according to plan.