Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok: Viable For Crits?

Yazeth

Question

16 answers to this question

To be honest, after you put in your core mods (hornet strike, barrel diffusion, and lethal torrent) and then 3 dual stat elementals to bring status up to 100%, there isn't much else to put into those last two slots, so might as well.

Put 2x90% elemental mods. or 1x90% elemental mod and a bane.

I thought crit would be viable, considering lex p, which has the same crit chance, is crit viable. After getting my hand on it though (as well as tinkering with it on WFBuilder), its 1.5x multiplier didn't bring it far enough compared to the 2.0x multiplier on lex prime.

Edited by xyLoneZ

I threw them in Warframe-builder.com a day or two ago. End conclusion is that the DPS is slightly significantly in favor of pure elementals (with enough status to get close to 100% of course) over a crit build, but it's only about 200dps burst. That just isn't worth worrying about. So, my opinion? Run full elemental for average missions just for reliability. If you favor headshots (and this means going midrange, as Vaykor doesn't have perfect accuracy), then the crit build easily wins due to the critical headshot multiplier. Keep in mind that Moas don't have headshot points, and it only has ~40% crit without resorting to the -Fire rate mod, which is punishing unless you like a pocket sniper. But then, you'd probably be best off with the Lex prime,  which has better accuracy anyway.

EDIT: quote me or pm if you want a full build. In the meantime, I'm going back to homework.

Another EDIT: the above is for builds that assume you are running Seeker and going status. If you don't use Seeker (which you wouldn't for headshotting), but go for damage, you get

2.4x|44.0% critical / bullet 69.58% status probability 7413.44 total damage 23723.01 burst dps 17084.47 sustained dps

If you go full crit, but status rather than raw damage:
2.4x|44.0% critical / bullet 97.97% status probability 6023.42 total damage 19274.94 burst dps 13881.13 sustained dps

Both builds are viable. Your shots will deal quite a bit more damage for headshots, but my mind is too tired to calculate what you would get with those, and I'm not familiar with the math. Just using Warframe-Builder as a template.
Edited by Magnar21

^ I don't know what build you're using, but I'm looking on a 2.5k burst dps loss on average by building crit.

If you constantly hitting headshots, then yeah, your Marelok would do more dps by building crit. If not though, you will be losing out on the dps side. That's pretty much the biggest difference with lex prime. Lex prime crit build will give you more DPS whether you're hitting headshot or not. On marelok, crit build is only viable if you're aiming purely for headshots. It might work on specific build (nova slow m prime), but otherwise, I wouldn't even bother using it.

^ I don't know what build you're using, but I'm looking on a 2.5k burst dps loss on average by building crit.

If you constantly hitting headshots, then yeah, your Marelok would do more dps by building crit. If not though, you will be losing out on the dps side. That's pretty much the biggest difference with lex prime. Lex prime crit build will give you more DPS whether you're hitting headshot or not. On marelok, crit build is only viable if you're aiming purely for headshots. It might work on specific build (nova slow m prime), but otherwise, I wouldn't even bother using it.

I was half asleep, and I'm not sure where I got those numbers. I linked them on Steam to someone, but I closed the Chat since then.

After more tweaking (and not relying on  several-day-old memory), I agree: building for crit is a major DPS loss, unless you are getting headshots, where it becomes a nice DPS gain. The exact numbers would have to be calculated by someone with a far better knowledge of Statistics and/or Warframe theorycrafting than I. I just like using the pretty editor.

Good summary.