The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng To Create A Content Flow Instead Of The Devs To Satisfy The Players.

Gryphticon

I have played Warframe for a long time and I'm only bound to this game through my will to continue my clan here, it is actually a shame that I find the game boring even after new content drops, it is simple to explain. When a item isn't rewarded after some amount of grind, the player feels bored, either they continue or stop playing but in the end, it's still remains boring. If the hype to get new content can be maintained using RNG as a tool to keep the flow of new content flowing, the game would be very less boring. I'm sure most of the players have already had the "new content hype" while farming for items that only had a boost in stats and had cosmetics or new special mods.

The time it takes to get a reward should be lowered or RNG could perhaps play a bigger role. As some of you know, pre-U7, the mods 1.0 had mods with random stats, there were no way to get higher stats other than playing again. The grind was highly compensated by the fact that player thought they could get better stuff, thus new content updates weren't necessary since you could get a huge amount of different mods with different stats and the satisfaction coming from getting those mods would keep players playing.

The easy fix to the grind problem would be to add rewards that would have stats decided by RNG, something not too hard to get such as weapons but somethings common like mods but that have it's stats decided by RNG.

Mods would be a perfect fit but I doubt DE would want to revert to their old mod system. I would suggest creating a variety of different mods that can only be used exclusively for a single weapon/warframe. They could either have the same name like "Weapon/Warframe Booster" or have different names for the different stats they provide. The stats would be decided by RNG and it would be put on a separate drop table than the regular mods to prevent outrage from the community. These mods would have lower stats than their regular counterparts but the rarer ones would have a closer stat to the regular counterparts. They would also be equip-able with the regular counterparts.

This is nothing but a example of the practical use of RNG in creating new content, similarly to the pre-U7 mods. I'm sure DE could find more creative uses for RNG using this concept.

Thank you.

I would love it if we could get "janus keys" like the one Vor has, with different stat bonus, and everytime you got one it would roll the stats and the amounts so veterans could just dedicate themselves to find that "perfect" key, they would be like amulets and could look something like Loki Prime's "medal".

I would love it if we could get "janus keys" like the one Vor has, with different stat bonus, and everytime you got one it would roll the stats and the amounts so veterans could just dedicate themselves to find that "perfect" key, they would be like amulets and could look something like Loki Prime's "medal".

Yep, that's a perfect example on how RNG could be used in item stats. What I put in my original post is only an example, there are alot of ways to use that concept in many items.

Ok I'll have to give you props on this post, I didn't expect you bring up the old mod system. I loved that system it was always cool to find a new mod and open up fresh opportunities for other weapons in your arsenal. I never even got upset when one of the mods was for a weapon I didn't have it just gave me a good reason to make it. I hope DE re-implements unique variable mods to this new system it would work so well with the mod card system.

The other MMO I play, Vindictus is following this example. The RNG on that game makes Warframe look like it hands Mesa to you on a silver platter. Rather than making the materials drop so rarely, it's now changing to make the materials more common, but the equipment forged with them having random stats. So you can enjoy end-game gear easily, and still have something to work towards, almost indefinitely. When I thought about it, I thought it sounded like a great solution. 

+1

Same here, maybe not medals, but some chips or some kind of attachment. 

Ok I'll have to give you props on this post, I didn't expect you bring up the old mod system. I loved that system it was always cool to find a new mod and open up fresh opportunities for other weapons in your arsenal. I never even got upset when one of the mods was for a weapon I didn't have it just gave me a good reason to make it. I hope DE re-implements unique variable mods to this new system it would work so well with the mod card system.

Well, it was alot more exciting to find mods back then than now. Because right now, chances are that 99% of mods that drop are mods that you already have and that percentage goes higher when you have almost all the mods. If there were mods similar to Pre-U7, there would be excitement when finding a random mod and players would hope it's a good mod since it's pretty much like playing gambling games only that you aren't gambling anything.

The other good thing was that I think that the mods were different for each player even if they picked up the same drop, so if the mod stats scaled with the player that is picking it up, it would give more reasons to either level up your loadout or mastery depending on what player stat it uses to scale the mod stats.