Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion: One Update To Rule Them All...

Adamnan

Hello everyone!

Lately Ive been reading a bit about solutions for pvp mode (especially DS) as well as playing this mode and I came to a conclusion that after so much discussion, flame, whining, hyping and other stuff a good way to make pvp a significantly better experience is to dedicate one reasonably big update to the pvp mode, balancing issues and so on. Of course all the carebears will start whining that they didnt get another batch of items or mods or whatever to grind, but then again its for the greater good. One solid update to create meaningful foundation for future tweaks. There are many people posting great ideas for pvp system - dedicating one update solely to that goal would've been awesome. And later, no carebear would whine because all the other updates would sate them because in pvp later tweaks would be centered around minor balancing which on a good pvp system would be far easier.

But in order to do so, one solid pvp update could be enough to make a big difference.

And with solid pvp element, there would be more vids on youtube, more guides and we could see the emergence of pvp legends making warframe even more known title among other multiplayer games.

As of now, dark sector pvp has great potential and the right dose of adrenaline can be felt. But there can be much more to make this experience SSStylish:)

Of course all the carebears will start whining that they didnt get another batch of items or mods or whatever to grind...

This is the reason why DE will never do PvP balancing. They even refuse to do small balancing or fix PvP bugs sadly.

Edited by Rakshal

The question is how do they incorporate alot of tweaks into one update which is finely tuned and ensures a solid pvp?

You have to realize if they did this it would probably be a minor update, bigger than a hotfix but smaller than those main updates because balancing PVP has always been an on-going process. There is no way DE can come up with a single fix for everything since when it is released people will ask for things to be rebalanced again.

So they are doing the balance along the way, not to mention they are maintaining statistics on how they wish weapons to be used and in what manner, so the question is as of now how many non-forum players actually influence the statistic in what way? DE probably knows their pvp problem and have already came to the root of it and are trying to find a more creative solution or are already working on one (proxy war).

I can't be entirely certain on DE's path, but i can say that having one giant "balance" update will not work because they need consistent data to reference balancing acts. If you compare that to say BF4's huge update, they had a CTE serve for months accumulating a great load of consistent data to allow for a giant balancing patch. For DE to do this they would need dedicated PVP or dark sector players and an isolated server which can be a problem if they have to pay them so for now i think they are trying other ways to solve the problem.

DE doesn't really own any server except their login server since everything is player to player hosting.

I disagree DE's attempts at doing large overhauls and balance patches tend to fall short and create as many new issues as they solve what is needed is for DE to do smaller adjustments more frequently and then listen to feedback and readjust based on that feedback and repeat the process until there are no more major pvp issues.

A new PvP update would work well in the favor of the PvP Community. There is one YouTuber, RexSol, who makes consistent frag videos which are really entertaining to watch. Talented guy.

What DE should do is dedicate a portion of their teams to PvP for a while. Merge the code and changes they create into the current codebase and release it all at once. It's not "easy", but it's more efficient to do. Now, here's the thing - how much needs to be changed? What needs to be changed? At some points, the PvP community here tend to forget that a lot of what they want gone is an integral part of the game.

A new PvP update would work well in the favor of the PvP Community. There is one YouTuber, RexSol, who makes consistent frag videos which are really entertaining to watch. Talented guy.

What DE should do is dedicate a portion of their teams to PvP for a while. Merge the code and changes they create into the current codebase and release it all at once. It's not "easy", but it's more efficient to do. Now, here's the thing - how much needs to be changed? What needs to be changed? At some points, the PvP community here tend to forget that a lot of what they want gone is an integral part of the game.

Not quite what we ask for. If theres a gun that used to 1 shot every single bullet, we just ask it to have a small debuff (The weapon alone in conclave).

If theres an area that might need reworking, we ask for that. (Movement, getting in / out of walls.)

If there is some gamebreaking bug (Such as QT/R in the past, Autoparry, Melee staggering), we just ask for that to be gone. But with a lot of the conclavers leaving conclave due to all the 'fixes' that tend to break more than they fix, I doubt we will see anything like this.

Related to Rexsol, hes a good player and a good guy. The thing you don't actually see is the struggle he would get to get into a match unless he specifically pms people from either #1) his clan. Or #2) His friends list.

Not quite what we ask for. If theres a gun that used to 1 shot every single bullet, we just ask it to have a small debuff (The weapon alone in conclave).

If theres an area that might need reworking, we ask for that. (Movement, getting in / out of walls.)

If there is some gamebreaking bug (Such as QT/R in the past, Autoparry, Melee staggering), we just ask for that to be gone. But with a lot of the conclavers leaving conclave due to all the 'fixes' that tend to break more than they fix, I doubt we will see anything like this.

Related to Rexsol, hes a good player and a good guy. The thing you don't actually see is the struggle he would get to get into a match unless he specifically pms people from either #1) his clan. Or #2) His friends list.

A little bit late on this reply here.

I understand the struggle that most PvP veterans face here - I can sympathize with you all. It's a stagnancy within a desert in on the PvP side. Gamebreaking bugs like that are not what I want to stay. QT+R is a horribly broken system that needs to be checked.

No, what I mean is the stance that the PvP community takes on things like abilities and the like, as well as the near-puritan view of guns with the vilifying of melee. Going into it in extraneous detail would make for too long of a post, so I'll leave with this: don't ask to take it away - ask for a fix. Stop complaining that you die from a damage ability; you're supposed to. It's a damage ability. It causes damage. If it's not skill-based, then make it so. Start crafting theories as to how to properly make these abilities work well.

Removing 'frame abilities from a 'frame would simply strip them of something that makes them unique - something I'm seeing is lacking in the PvP scene here. Warframe should never have to adapt to your culture, your culture should adapt to Warframe. That's how it's supposed to be in a competitive setting. You can't change the rules of a sport just because you don't like the fouls.

As for QT+R, there are many, many ways to simply... make them usable in PvP while eliminating the OPness of them. How? Well, that's for the PvP section to discuss - this is the feedback section, after all.

Edited by Kashiki

Great to see discussion going guys. I must say that there is a lot of truth in what Kashiki says. Lately as I play solar rails my most obvious complain would be the reflex guard, cuz qt+r was nerfed recently. I dont have much complains about abilities cuz most frames have some imba tricks and I think this game kinda is about those flashy cool stuff:) I use mostly kunai+d. nikana with no true ranged weapon and I have yet to see being spawn ohko'ed every single time. I see variety of builds and frames and I say I enjoy it very much.

As to address the problem with reflex guard - my ad hoc solution is bladestorm:) by the way, reflex guard is mostly problematic early game, when you need to deal a lot of dmg to kill opponent, later a proper galatine, d. nikana, kronen, ichor can easily can take the guy down before it kicks in especially when attacking at right angle/time.

A little bit late on this reply here.

I understand the struggle that most PvP veterans face here - I can sympathize with you all. It's a stagnancy within a desert in on the PvP side. Gamebreaking bugs like that are not what I want to stay. QT+R is a horribly broken system that needs to be checked.

No, what I mean is the stance that the PvP community takes on things like abilities and the like, as well as the near-puritan view of guns with the vilifying of melee. Going into it in extraneous detail would make for too long of a post, so I'll leave with this: don't ask to take it away - ask for a fix. Stop complaining that you die from a damage ability; you're supposed to. It's a damage ability. It causes damage. If it's not skill-based, then make it so. Start crafting theories as to how to properly make these abilities work well.

Removing 'frame abilities from a 'frame would simply strip them of something that makes them unique - something I'm seeing is lacking in the PvP scene here. Warframe should never have to adapt to your culture, your culture should adapt to Warframe. That's how it's supposed to be in a competitive setting. You can't change the rules of a sport just because you don't like the fouls.

As for QT+R, there are many, many ways to simply... make them usable in PvP while eliminating the OPness of them. How? Well, that's for the PvP section to discuss - this is the feedback section, after all.

QTR was fixed a while back I believe I did not in my post

We just need a massive update in PvP because all this can't be done in hotfixes.

Edit

Perhaps even make 1v1, 2v2(random), 2v2(Teamed), 2v2(Clan), ect.

It would be nice to have brackets. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platnum, Diamond, Masters, Ect.

Have the PvP unlocked once your past Mastery Rank 10 or so I think would be fair so they are geared for it.

Edited by deadinflict

we could see the emergence of pvp legends making warframe even more known title among other multiplayer games.

Yes. As someone who has worked nearly months at a time on just Conclave and PvP I'd like to get some kind of recognition other than an above average K/D and my time logged in Warframe hit 1000+ hours