The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

No way... I think you all might want to have that in the shop too, as has been the way. Or prepare for the pay-2-win chanters to rally and flame.

I for one hope it makes it to the shop. Otherwise what's the point of having such high rewards on alert missions if we don't have enough ways to spend the credits???

Ugh... ok.  DE... folks... listen.

So I get it... you want to make the Glaive rarer, since if you don't everyone will be running around with it and there will be no more point of having other melee weapons... but you're doing it the wrong way.

Either have it as 1) platinum only, or 2) bp can be bought in market.

Don't tie anymore needed/wanted/highly demanded items to the clusterscrew that is the current alert system.  It's just a horrible system.  It's not going to make it "rarer" folks.  The moment that Glaive alert pops up, everyone who HAPPENS TO BE ONLINE/ABLE TO PLAY at the time will have it.  And everyone who isn't online or cannot log on will not.

Is this how you want highly-sought after items to be distributed to the playerbase?

Or, if you will, please hurry up with revamping the alert system.  Randomized rewards on a per-player basis is the only way to go if you want the system to remain fun.

There is already a bunch of sh!t I never get in ? alerts. Now the weapon I was looking forward to most is ? alert.

And when those items do show up they are almost always when I am asleep. I mean really the 6 hours of the day I dedicate to sleep all the good ? alerts pop up...

WHERE IS THE BP??????????????????????????????????????

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE GLAIVE AS LONG AS SAID IT COMES :(

AND THEN NO BP?

PLZ MAKE ALERT FAST FOR IT OR OR OR.....

I CRY.....

TY IGN: AngelHarza

Do not fret! :D It has become apart of the alert "?" system so stay tuned :0 and keep your eyes peeled. >.> <.< 

yeah i was excited and stood awake till 01:20 now.

If i miss the alert with the Glaive BP... i'm going rampage.

Yea seriously I just want to goto bed.

I was hyped enough to want to purchase the Glaive for credits/resources and wait 12-24 hours for it to cook, but 150 plat excited? Nope, it's just another melee weapon, even if it's a kinda cool one, there's like 50 billion other melee weapons that work just fine. (Heat Dagger costs 75 plat BTW, it otherwise only comes from alerts)

inb4 the alert for the blueprint is 2 weeks from now...

Interestingly enough, I can actually believe that. Other games have done something similar - release something cool, non-premium users wait a week or two to get it themselves.

Still, that makes me sad.

I belive this is the first time I've seen what I consider to be a bad decision on DE's part done with the game. The glaive is a weapon that can be bought through the market. All weapons that can be bought through the market have their blueprint counterparts for sale on the market. The glaive being an exception is a bad decision, especially when new players kick in, see the new weapon and no BP available.

Either the weapon is bought in the market with it's blueprint counterpart for sale as well or you can only get the blueprint through alert missions, but you can't buy it from the market.

This has been the way up until now and up until now it always worked pretty well. No reason to change that.

- New melee weapon: The Glaive.* *Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system.

- Added new damage deformers for enemies, meaning more ways to dismember your foes.

- Added Dual Dagger stealth attack (was sharing dual sword stealth attack).

- Added new Grineer death/fall sounds.

I think you should move the *Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system. at the top like that........ so it clearly gets thro to ppl  xD

I really dislike the method.

Putting glaive as an alert reward fine. But why adding option to buy it in plat? Other weapons like dark sword, jaw, ... can't be bought in plat. It just look like a massive marketing trick for players which has no patience. Plus the fact if you miss the alert (depending where you live (eu/na)), you can just never see the weapon.

I thought De had more respect for their supportive gamers.

Edited by Asla