The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

I belive this is the first time I've seen what I consider to be a bad decision on DE's part done with the game. The glaive is a weapon that can be bought through the market. All weapons that can be bought through the market have their blueprint counterparts for sale on the market. The glaive being an exception is a bad decision, especially when new players kick in, see the new weapon and no BP available.

Either the weapon is bought in the market with it's blueprint counterpart for sale as well or you can only get the blueprint through alert missions, but you can't buy it from the market.

This has been the way up until now and up until now it always worked pretty well. No reason to change that.

i gotta agree on this one here.

all weapons that are alert only, can't be bought in the market. the glaive is an exception here because it can be bought with plat but only acquired via alert bps...

i was so looking forward to this weapon as i heard about it but now... gotta wait for an alert to popup which won't happen any time soon, since its new and shiny and "platinumy"

You guys - it REALLY isn't the end of the world.  It's just disappointing - if we had gone into this without the expectation of building it immediately - we wouldn't be upset.  It was just a small communication error.

I must admit I really hope I don't have to wait 2 weeks before I actually get the alert with the glaive... (please fix twitter...or the forum emails...I don't want to rely on someones third party program on my phone to have a working alert system...)

They need to eat and they deserve the monies.  We all should just step back and calm down before raising the PAY TO WIN flags.  We will get it eventually if we don't have the platinum.  But for those who do - we will just have to be jealous of them for now.

epic overdue on shotguns, HEK cant even damage now across a freakin corridor, this makes it how to say, a waste of space... I understand sniping @ 100 meters with it was rolf but cmon, now it cant even kill a lvl 15 grineer @ 10 meters with mod lvl 60....

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

Nope, exactly the same

What this means is base crit chance and base CRIT damage. Give it a few shots, at a ridicilously high fire rate. The rate of crits were rather sparse before the patch. Now, they are quite substantial.

Had a single bullet deal a 129 damage crit headshot to a high level grineer lancer. At the rate the grakata spews bullets, that is quite significant. ;) (110% damage mod, full armour piercing mod.)

In any rate (of FIRE!), for me the Grakata feels quite a bit more solid now, as I love it's recoil. Pity about the lack of polarity slots for assault rifles, though.

DE, you should probably give a heads-up when a weapon you're hyping up won't be available on the Friday release without using real cash as people would clearly expect. If it's an alert blueprint then perhaps warn people in advanced to avoid confusion and disappointment.

You guys - it REALLY isn't the end of the world.  It's just disappointing - if we had gone into this without the expectation of building it immediately - we wouldn't be upset.  It was just a small communication error.

I must admit I really hope I don't have to wait 2 weeks before I actually get the alert with the glaive... (please fix twitter...or the forum emails...I don't want to rely on someones third party program on my phone to have a working alert system...)

They need to eat and they deserve the monies.  We all should just step back and calm down before raising the PAY TO WIN flags.  We will get it eventually if we don't have the platinum.  But for those who do - we will just have to be jealous of them for now.

they should not have put it able to be bought for plat if it's an alert reward in the first place, the current system was fine. All weapons able to be bought for plat have the blueprint able to be bought for credits except for the weapon that everyone wanted...cute DE.

Edited by JustiniZHere

yes, agreed. stop flippin' wigs! besides why shouldn't ppl who buy plat get at least 1 item for themselves? i think it's deserved for those supporting the game financially.

(or those lucky to get a BP from alert)

Edited by Edgy

Lots of good fixes and changes in here. Thanks once again for your hard work.

One small thing, I just tested my unmodded Grakata against level 1 Grineer. Still 9 damage / 18 criticals on headshots.

I just noticed this.  Aren't crits supposed to be 1.5x, not 2x?

PEOPLE!! 

Just because Glaive BPs aren't in the market today......doesn't mean they're never going to be in the market.

Ya wants it NOW, ya gots no patience, then ya pays the plat!  Ya bides ya time, who knows what kuh happ'n?

...sheesh......sum peeple's chiddren...

Additions:

vKAJLaB.jpg

- New melee weapon: The Glaive.*

- Added new damage deformers for enemies, meaning more ways to dismember your foes.

- Added Dual Dagger stealth attack (was sharing dual sword stealth attack).

- Added new Grineer death/fall sounds.

Changes:

- Frost power mods moved to common pool, increased chance for drops.

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

- Trinity and Mag's helmet effect now works with "energy" palette color changes.

- Moved Objectives to later part of missions so the route to extraction is shorter after objective is complete.

- Toned down lighting/flare on most melee weapons.

- Added damage fall-off to all shotguns--no more shotgun sniping.

- Revised sounds for security cameras.

- Revised sound for Trinity's Link power.

- Multiple improvements to various sounds events (mixing, attenuation, surface materials).

- Removed pit under Jackal spawn to prevent any accidents.

- Gorgon accuracy adjustments while aimed.

- Fire rate adjustments to Akimbo and Semi-Auto Pistols.

Fixes:

- Fixed Saryn's Miasma power not awarding XP or kills.

- Fixed Saryn's Miasma power not being affected by Continuity or Focus mods.

- Fixed Saryn's Venom power not being affected by Continuity mod.

- Fixed the linking of Loki's Decoy and Switch Teleport powers that was causing avatars to sometimes fall outside the level.

- Fixed Trinity's link ability that was affecting/destroying her Sentinel.

- Fixed Rhino Charge and Slash Dash powers framerate dependencies, powers now consistently work as intended.

- Fixed Banshee Soundquake power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).

- Fixed Ember's Fire Blast power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).

- Fixed Apex particles that would remain on ragdolls after using Nyx's Mind Control power.

- Fixed Mag's Shield Polarize power playing sound twice.

- Fixed Frost's Freeze power not being affected by Continuity mod.

- Fixed Frost's Snow Globe power not being affected by Continuity and Range mods.

- Fixed Ancient Healer power that was not healing surrounding Infested.

- Fixed Nyx's armband FX showing up with projectors.

- Fixed some Defense mission issues with enemies spawning in areas they can't get down from.

- Fixed host migration during Spy missions where objectives would reset for clients after a host migration.

- Fixed Slash Dash not dealing appropriate damage on clients.

- Fixed login rewards clobbering your current loadout.

- Fixed Long Range weapons not consistently hitting targets at 50m or greater.

- Fixed visibility of "BACK" button on color customization screen.

- Fixed various bugs and nav mesh issues in reported levels.

- Fixed common matchmaking issue where users would receive a “Disconnected” error.

- Fixed Sentinel death affect that was causing frame rate issues.

- Fixed Ash’s Bladestorm power, it will no longer target turrets or security cameras.

- Fixed Login reward handing out "0 Shotgun Ammo" boxes.

*Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! and i LOVE YOUR GAME! i Miss my Dark Sector so much -. (never lend your games!)