Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

- New melee weapon: The Glaive.*

*Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system.

Settle down Tenno. I don't know if this has been mentioned but The Glaive isn't the first weapon to be Platinum and Alert only. The Heat Sword was also a Platinum and Alert item.

Edited by Toko

Well, I guess I can save my money that I was planning on using for the HEK. Sure, it shouldn't be a sniper, but it isn't exactly a sawed-off shotgun either(we have the Bronco for that). 

Also, any thoughts on the Glaive yet?

Edited by MaXMayheM

The nerf on the shotguns is understandable. It's a SHOTGUN, wouldn't blame you though since you haven't used one before. Shotguns excel in close range but aren't useful in mid to long-range; it's a great balance to the rest of the weapons in the game. I'm tired of seeing everyone with a freakin' Hek.

Edited by Aurora_Imperium

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

Currently the in-game inventory does not show a damage increase on the Grakata; it is still 9 damage.

Does this wording mean that the base Crit Chance and Crit Damage is increased? Because that could be a potential game-changer; to my understanding, weapon crits only work on a 1.5x increase. Could see some interesting numbers if the Grakata's crit damage modifier were bumped up to 2.

Er, shotguns are bad at long range because of their spread, not because their bullets' momentum decays rapidly. I don't care that they are trying to make shotguns weaker, I care that their choices are just...stupid.

The nerf on the shotguns is understandable. It's a SHOTGUN, wouldn't blame you though since you haven't used one before. Shotguns excel in close range but aren't useful in mid to long-range; it's a great balance to the rest of the weapons in the game. I'm tired of seeing everyone with a freakin' Hek.

Am I only one who really wants to buy this now instead of trying to get the blue print?

Don't do it.  You're going to encourage them.  If enough people impulse buy it, they'll release more future weapons to be plat/alert based.

I'm not against it being plat at all, but tying it to the current badly done alert system is a bad idea.

Changes:

- Moved Objectives to later part of missions so the route to extraction is shorter after objective is complete.

- Added damage fall-off to all shotguns--no more shotgun sniping.

- Removed pit under Jackal spawn to prevent any accidents.

Thank you!

epic overdue on shotguns, HEK cant even damage now across a freakin corridor, this makes it how to say, a waste of space... I understand sniping @ 100 meters with it was rolf but cmon, now it cant even kill a lvl 15 grineer @ 10 meters with mod lvl 60....

epic overdo is an understatement.

no dmg dropoff untill atleast 30 meters away, for f*** sake, real shotguns have 40meters of effective range, even up to 75+ depending on the kinds of parts u use

agreed that HEK should be the most powerful weapon in the game with a steep dropoff of dmg at range, but NOT A F********** LINEAR ONE, i cant one shot a lvl 20 grineer with a headshot at some 20 meters anymore (+100% dmg, 120% multishot, 90% AP), and at closer ranges, it's just better to use akbolto instead

Edited by Mazimer

The nerf on the shotguns is understandable. It's a SHOTGUN, wouldn't blame you though since you haven't used one before. Shotguns excel in close range but aren't useful in mid to long-range; it's a great balance to the rest of the weapons in the game.

This isn't CoD, don't go acting like you have actually used one when you spouting a common 'Hollywood' lie. Normal shotguns have much better kill range than movies and games give them credit. The Hek was actually a good representation of a REAL normal shotgun's spread. Yea the kill range was a bit too much, but now it's absurdly low, specially for the kind of small spread the Hek has.

Er, shotguns are bad at long range because of their spread, not because their bullets' momentum decays rapidly. I don't care that they are trying to make shotguns weaker, I care that their choices are just...stupid.

I don't know when the last time you shot a shotgun was but when I shoot mine I don't care how powerful the round is.... the shots fall after less than 50 yards. Their choice in making the shotgun rounds drop adds realism.

Why i dont buy weapons for plats... simple.. ill dont want buy something what i dont realy know what it is..

Weapons have NO proper statystic and player dont know what BUY.. we dont know what weapon have charge dmg - mele -, what is they crit rate and all aditional information what player can get only from wiki and only becasue someone PAY for weapon TESTED it long time in all situation... its PAIN in OUR &#!..

Another good part of fixes but still no fix about removing avoid armor ability from mele weapons when you using elemental mods on it.

Throwing weapon seems good but what if this is another weapon what can be only good for mobs to 20 lvl and even mods dont change it.. 

Edited by Dreed