The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Amazing, thanks to this update disconnecting me from the game exactly while i was extracting from Ash Helmet Alert mission, now ive lost the helmet bp...

And also am i the only one who thought that this is a Glaive. I was so excited for a polearm type weapon, not for a big shuriken xD

yes, that IS a glaive, some game, dark souls i think, made a shuriken looking thing and called it a glaive and now the true one no longer exists

this update kills the hek
the tighter spread gave the hek the upper hand in sniping and well a damn good reason to use it over the strun
its just kind of useless now having high accuarcy if it doesnt do anything
it kind of killed the realism(i guess unneeded realism because were in space) of the game making it a cod style shotgun where the bullets just disappear after they leave the barrel. damage drop off is really just stupid honestly making the hek an excpetion to this new up would be the most logical thing ever  lets see how to put this

(higher accuarcy=less bulletspread=the damage shouldnt change at all over distance because all the bullets are staying together)

maybe some drop off but you literally made it do like 3 damage if your over 15ft away

Heheh. I knew it was only a matter of time before they nerfed the shotguns (particularly, my cheapo Strun) being effective even at longer ranges. I'm a little sad but I know it has to be done, and I would've been disappointed if they had left shotguns being overpowered like that.

- Moved Objectives to later part of missions so the route to extraction is shorter after objective is complete.

Thanks for this!

- Fixed Login reward handing out "0 Shotgun Ammo" boxes.

... Finally. @_@

This isn't CoD, don't go acting like you have actually used one when you spouting a common 'Hollywood' lie. Normal shotguns have much better kill range than movies and games give them credit. The Hek was actually a good representation of a REAL normal shotgun's spread. Yea the kill range was a bit too much, but now it's absurdly low, specially for the kind of small spread the Hek has.

What about the RoF and recoil?

Oy guys ... It's kinda lame ... Read the patch properly. They write "Glaive drop from the alerts "?". It's not good saying "DE Bad Move" just because you can't read properly. This Weapon is realy great, that's why it's harder to obtain (I think ;p). But well, you can wish they will add BP to the Market soon ...

Anyway - Thanks DE for this new epic Weapon and for all of this fixes ! ^^ Love The Sound of Glaive ! But there is my question, when i throw it, it doesn't seems like hitting target when bounces from the walls and when it return to me (It does hit when i target the enemy, but only this one :< or im just blind fool :D), it's the bug or this is how it works ? :P

EDIT: Oh GOD i was a blind fool ! ;p Glaive do a dmg after bouncing from the walls ! Sorry for this, it's late here and you know ;d

Edited by Viole

this update kills the hek

the tighter spread gave the hek the upper hand in sniping and well a damn good reason to use it over the strun

its just kind of useless now having high accuarcy if it doesnt do anything

it kind of killed the realism(i guess unneeded realism because were in space) of the game making it a cod style shotgun where the bullets just disappear after they leave the barrel. damage drop off is really just stupid honestly making the hek an excpetion to this new up would be the most logical thing ever  lets see how to put this

(higher accuarcy=less bulletspread=the damage shouldnt change at all over distance because all the bullets are staying together)

maybe some drop off but you literally made it do like 3 damage if your over 15ft away

couldnt agree more, it cant even kill across a room now, its like bronco....

While everyone else is complaining about weapons and balance changes...

I want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, DE, for fixing Alert matchmaking. Seriously, it's smooth as butter. I just joined the Apollodorus alert, then scanned my EE.log. It works like a charm. You guys are amazing.

PEOPLE!! 

Just because Glaive BPs aren't in the market today......doesn't mean they're never going to be in the market.

Ya wants it NOW, ya gots no patience, then ya pays the plat!  Ya bides ya time, who knows what kuh happ'n?

...sheesh......sum peeple's chiddren...

I agree, I'll just wait for the alert since I'm low on plat atm. It's a free game and they should not give away the new stuff for free. I agree though a heads up would be nice next time. Developing  AAA F2P game isn't cheap guys.. just saying. 

Aww no more sniping with my Hek? But all is forgiven because of that (hopefully) awesome throw-able Glaive. 

Edited by Bloodywing

Reporting a (very) minor glitch I noticed, the Warframes and sentinel I have (Rhino, Nyx, and Wyrm, which were not equipped at the time) all had their colors changed to all white, but it can be easily fixed by just changing the colors.

In other news, loving this new update, little dissapointed about no Glaive BP in the market, but oh well, not a big deal. Just going to wait for an alert :D  Also yay more dismemberment options.

I had this happen too. Some weapons came with a 'black colour' that looked cool, kinda lost that now :(

can we get a clarification on the crit chance and crit damage on the grakata? need actual values to judge if its worth bothering to level it yet otherwise nice update and the glaive is fun, hopefully there will be an alert for it soon so the f2p's can try it as well lol

BP only from "?" alerts.. great .. other weapons and items added to "?" pools where play can wait weeks to get what it want. I can wait for potatos, can wait for helmets ... even can farm warframe BP but weapons.. rly..??

We have so many items in "?" alert pool but what with increase number of "?" alerts per day.... 

Nice to see some fixes! Also, I am on the look out for the alerts more now, though there is one thing.

The Grakata has it's base crit and damage buffed. Is it the base damage of the gun or the base CRIT damage? because the base damage is still 9 I assume it's base crit damage but still...

I probably shouldn't have, but I used platinum to get the Glaive. I normally prefer to farm for stuff, for a sense of accomplishment. I couldn't resist though.

Tried it on one level and loved it. Now I love all of you DE. :)

Got some nice bug fixes in this patch, as well. Thanks for everything DE!