Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Guess mid range is defined as 15m. I hate to think what long range is considered as =P

For a shotgun while there are many other weapons that fit the bill as mid/long range? Yes. At least now, people will actually use more than just HEK to plow through every single mission on every single planet.

For a shotgun while there are many other weapons that fit the bill as mid/long range? Yes. At least now, people will actually use more than just HEK to plow through every single mission on every single planet.

They nerfed all the weapons, not only hek.. for example: boltor, braton, aklato, strun, boar, gorgon (quite badly) so please guys stop posting comments like this. For now, STRUN is the best weapon.. why? because the rifles are doing weak damage, gorgon which was nice can't shoot anything past 15m anymore (bullets hit everything excepting the target) The strun's spread isn't a problem.. because the fall off. These changes really can't remain as they are right now

This is how I see the shotguns working:

Strun

Low range (Up to 20-25m)

Very high damage

Medium fire rate

Medium clip (~6-8)

Medium reload (~1.5s)

Boar

Very low range (15-20m)

Medium damage

Very high fire rate

Very high clip (~20)

Very long reload (~3-4s)

Hek

Medium range (35-50m)

High damage

High fire rate

High clip (~12-14)

Long reload (~2.5s)

Seems like a fair setup. Though if you don't mind I'd like to make a bit more in-depth/slightly different version of this to toss into the idea pool:

Strun

Low range (Up to 20-25m)

Very high damage (10pellet x 14dmg per = 140dmg)

Medium fire rate

Medium clip (~6-8)

Medium reload (~1.5s)

Boar

Very low range (10-20m)

Medium damage (12 pellets x 6dmg per = 72dmg)

Very high fire rate

Very high clip (~20)

Very long reload (~3-4s)

Hek

Medium range (30-40m)

High damage (8 pellets x 16dmg per = 128dmg)

High fire rate

High clip (~10-12)

Long reload (~2.5s)

I figure more spread should have some more pellets. A shotgun shooting ammo that has 16 pellets is going to spread more than one shooting 8, normally. Barrel length changes the spread as well. Boar and Strun have shorter barrel length to increase spread and should also have slightly higher pellet count than the Hek since they are more focused on close range crowd control(specially the Boar) than the Hek and having a higher pellet count helps with that.

A good way that could have fixed Hek's sniping OPness would have been to give it a little more spread than it currently has and lower the dmg a bit like I have done above. Since Hek is more focused than Strun it really shouldn't be more powerful. Also, dmg drop off isn't exactly a bad idea, it just needs to be fixed; appropriate distance for each individual shotgun as given above for each one and dmg reduction that is more gradual and not so extreme. Giving more spread is the preferred/main method against 'shotgun sniping' but dmg reduction at 'sniping' distances would help against abuse as well and be totally fair.

Further balancing might still be needed of course, I am not saying the dmgs given are perfect. Some other specs might need slight changing as well.

Also, I haven't said anything about the Gorgon but I feel it was perfect before this update. I hardly heard anyone complain about it being OP. maybe a slight dmg reduction was needed but that's debatable.

Some other primary guns that were being over looked need slight changes/buffs to help them out. Also, more enemies need specific traits about them that would make certain weapons more appropriate for them than others.

They nerfed all the weapons, not only hek.. for example: boltor, braton, aklato, strun, boar, gorgon (quite badly) so please guys stop posting comments like this. For now, STRUN is the best weapon.. why? because the rifles are doing weak damage, gorgon which was nice can't shoot anything past 15m anymore (bullets hit everything excepting the target) The strun's spread isn't a problem.. because the fall off. These changes really can't remain as they are right now

Hek and Akboltos: yesterday I soloed Phorrid with them. Had no problems whatsoever. I used HEK like I would use a shotgun in any game. I used Akboltos like I would use pistols in any game.

I don't have braton any longer, but I do have braton vandal. It still shreds everything in sight, so maybe this "nerf" didn't include that weapon.

I have not tried Strun or gorgon yet, but that doesn't matter, because I wasn't talking about any other weapons in my post. So how about -you- stop trying to silence people who don't have the same opinion as yours?

@SoulEchelon

Then try them, and see that gorgon isn't able to shoot well at higher range than a shotgun does, it's bullets doesn't fall-off but they can't hit anything.

And i'm not trying to silence you, i'm contradicting you

Edit: you have suggested that players should try other weapons too, not only hek, i did tried other weapons and found out that i haven't solved anything, because the others got nerfed too

Edited by Hatr

you should probably fix the hek before people rage, the glave blueprint should be in the shop by all rights its riducless that its only in alerts its a amazing cool weapon atleast make it so people who dont pay alot of money can get it easyer,

adding new damage deformers is cool, i also have a freind whos raging about the gorgon imo you should not keep the spi nas much i think it shoudl be if u reload well its spinning then it should keep the spin not the way it currently is, thank yo ufor fixing the continuty mod with my sayrn^^ ,

ashs bladestorm needs to have a wider base range i use it on a enemy in a room it should go based off the first target hit for its raidus not where u were standing when u activate it it feels like thats how it was.

id love to have this said now PLEASE make it so u can get the scythe blueprint into the shop ill freaking rage if its only alert thats Bs u should make it expecive atleast but still put it in there i wouldent mind the glave blueprint costing alot like 100kish would even be doable so long as the way to make it isent to bad Also Can you add credit prices to more of the guns in the shop to buy them outright?

Signed Areo 

I think one of the main causes of the community backlash isn't the nerf itself, but the lack of warning from the devs. I mean, some people probably just acquired a Hek and spent a catalyst on it.

To work hard to get a really cool weapon, only to have it nerfed the next day is... well... frustrating (?)

Edited by Popadil

Had no problems whatsoever. I used HEK like I would use a shotgun in any game.

So how about -you- stop trying to silence people who don't have the same opinion as yours?

All you're doing is ignoring a problem and saying it is your opinion when it isn't an opinion. The HEK is suppose to work for mid-range. Sure, it still does good up close but that's what Strun and Boar are suppose to be for. The current drop off being used is totally wrong for the HEK. Be a god damn beta tester and actually point out the problems instead of trying to protect them over the false pretense that it is simply an opinion matter and its fine as long as you use the HEK 'like a shotgun in any other game'. The HEK doesn't operate like shotguns in other games. It is in its damn description that it works at further range than the other shotguns, not to mention it's design supports that description too.

Simple fact is, this was the wrong approach to get rid of sniping with the HEK. Just as the crazy &#! inaccuracy they have given the Gorgon is totally unnecessary.

Edited by Gezus

All you're doing is ignoring a problem and saying it is your opinion when it isn't an opinion. The HEK is suppose to work for mid-range. Sure, it still does good up close but that's what Strun and Boar are suppose to be for. The current drop off being used is totally wrong for the HEK. Be a god damn beta tester and actually point out the problems instead of trying to protect them over the false pretense that it is simply an opinion matter and its fine as long as you use the HEK 'like a shotgun in any other game'. The HEK doesn't operate like shotguns in other games. It is in its damn description that it works at further range than the other shotguns, not to mention it's design supports that description too.

Simple fact is, this was the wrong approach to get rid of sniping with the HEK. Just as the crazy &#! inaccuracy they have given the Gorgon is totally unnecessary.

Excuse me? I AM being a beta tester, and HAVE been testing each and every weapon I can currently get ahold of. I SEE where the fall-off is, and have stated earlier in this thread that changing the fall-off distance is viable - but in my opinion isn't needed. See how I separate opinion from suggestion? Sorry for not wanting to instantly jump on the bandwagon of people just spouting how HEK is dead.

And good job COMPLETELY ignoring my statement about how I soloed Phorrid WITH Hek and WITH Akboltos with NO problem. Yeah, focus only on the S#&$ that you can make an arbitrary answer to while ignoring the factual statements that weaken your position.

Let's not forget. THE HEK IS A SHOTGUN WHERE YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY AIM WITH AT CLOSE RANGE WHILE THE ENEMY IS RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND YOU~

And with the smaller clip and the more narrower cone and considering how it's not automatic like the Boar. We got the short end of the stick out of all the other shotguns.

Like the blue prints for it cost the most out of all the weapons and it requires the highest rank out of all the other weapons to get, the Hek deserves to be able to shoot far! It deserves to do serious damage! It was just fine the way it was! Now it feels just like the Strun but with lower ammo magazine and probably the shotgun that took the least amount of hits was the Boar.

But that's okay......you know why?......

CAUSE MOTHA FREAKIN BOLTOR EMPIRE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Excuse me? I AM being a beta tester, and HAVE been testing each and every weapon I can currently get ahold of. I SEE where the fall-off is, and have stated earlier in this thread that changing the fall-off distance is viable - but in my opinion isn't needed. See how I separate opinion from suggestion? Sorry for not wanting to instantly jump on the bandwagon of people just spouting how HEK is dead.

And good job COMPLETELY ignoring my statement about how I soloed Phorrid WITH Hek and WITH Akboltos with NO problem. Yeah, focus only on the S#&$ that you can make an arbitrary answer to while ignoring the factual statements that weaken your position.

I solo'd Lech Kril and Phorid with a MK-1 Braton and Dual Vipers. What's your point?

Edited by Zarozian

I didn't ignore it, I even said 'Yea the hek is still good at close range'. I solo'd high-lvl bosses and sh!t too with no f^cking problem but that has NOTHING to do with what the problem is; it loses an extreme amount of damage at the range (mid-range) that it is suppose to still do good at. I never liked the sniping aspect either so I used it as a good semi-close to mid range weapon (like it is supposed to be used) on small groups or big enemies. The drop off is way before acceptable mid-range distance and it's a mid-range capable shotgun, ergo you're wrong and avoiding a problem with 'it's my opinion'. Giving a suggestion but then saying "but it isn't necessary" tells the devs the 'fix' could be changed but it doesn't really matter if it is, which is total bullsh!t.

Edited by Gezus

The problem is that as an exclusively close ranged weapon, the Strun is better than it in almost every way.  The Hek barely does more damage than the strun, but the strun has a polarity (the ridiculously good V one to boot) that more than makes up for that deficiency.  Accuracy used to be the advantage the Hek had over the Strun, but with the damage falloff, they're both good at the same range.  Add in the two extra shots in the Strun and there's not really any reason to use the Hek, which is a slap in the face considering the amount of grinding you need for the Hek.

There was definitely a problem and it needed to be fixed, but this just feels heavy handed. 

Really, if the Hek had the Strun's previous effective range, I think it'd be fine.

Edited by ZefiruShrike

I solo'd Lech Kril and Phorid with a MK-1 Braton and Dual Vipers. What's your point?

My point is that those weapons are still more than able to defeat the currently highest level boss in the game, including the currently highest level mobs in the game solo. I wasn't boasting.