Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Rewarding Headshots?

GrosslyIncandescent1709

Title. I think headshot mechanics are not really in a perfect spot right now. Sure, you get 2x the damage, but that hardly allows precision weapons to compete with bullet hoses. Here's my suggestion: Hitting a weakpoint guarantees a critical hit. That alone would buff tons of marksman weapons that suffer RNG-based damage right now (Lanka, Vectis, Latron familiy, Lex family to mention a few). Headshots should deal finisher damage. (Grineer aren't armored in the face, why can they tank like mad anyways on higher levels?) Please tell me your thoughts, maybe add pros/cons that come to your mind.

here's my pro/con list so far

pro: -rewarding, accuracy equals damage output

-buffs lategame without really influencing lower level missions

-solves a major problem of marksman weapons, allows them to compete with dps monsters

con:-explosives can headshot easily, especially penta, people could abuse those weapons

-weapons with low innate accuracy and shotguns might have a disadvantage here

A crowd of the new infested units vs any sniper/bow. Still doesn't fix that problem.

That (which I presumed as their lack of 'head' to shoot at) has almost no relation with rewarding headshot whatsoever. Bow and sniper were designed to excel in one-by-one, single target shooting, which is why a more rewarding headshot is beneficial to those weapons.

I just want to point out that critical headshots gain a 4x dmg multiplier instead of 2. So, any crit gun will reward a lot more.

What Yazeth said makes headshots already rewarding, the main problem in warframe is the infinite scaling that makes raw DPS better in late game just because headshots don't kill in just one shot.

read the first post. headshots should guarantee a critical strike, no matter the critchance on the weapon

Ah ok. Cool.

What Yazeth said makes headshots already rewarding, the main problem in warframe is the infinite scaling that makes raw DPS better in late game just because headshots don't kill in just one shot.

I've seen Latron Primes and Paris Primes out-dmg a Boltor Prime. Lol.

If any weapons could crit on headshots regardless of crit chance it would break what small balance there is on some weapons.

For example: Soma has less dps than Boltor Prime but Boltor only has x2 multiplier on headshots. Some one who can consistently land headshots with a Soma with dish out more dps than someone using the noobgun (BoltorP) because of the x4 for crits on headshots.

Some crit weapons need the advantage to compete.

Here's my suggestion: Hitting a weakpoint guarantees a critical hit.

+1 Please make this happen. Skillshots should be more rewarding than just spraying and praying.

Well said.

I've seen Latron Primes and Paris Primes out-dmg a Boltor Prime. Lol.

True. Although out-damage, yes but out-DPS, no. Mostly because of the problem DtemplarK mentioned above. It's just very inconsistent the way it works now. Doing single skill shots become very ineffective compared to bullet hoses the moment mobs turn into bullet sponges.

If any weapons could crit on headshots regardless of crit chance it would break what small balance there is on some weapons.

This is very true. Particularly on the Soma scenario. As much as I'd love to use my Latron Prime on all missions, I'm forced to take my Soma when I know I'll be playing in high levels - simply because I can still use it as a pseudo-sniper rifle (like the Latron) on the early stages, then use it to deal a consistent stream of headshots as the level scales.

How about limiting the "skilshot bonus" to semi-autos with fire rates < 0.5 sec? That should normalize the balance, I think. Or perhaps somebody else has a better idea? I just really wanna see skill get more rewarding than spraying.

How about limiting the "skilshot bonus" to semi-autos with fire rates < 0.5 sec? That should normalize the balance, I think. Or perhaps somebody else has a better idea? I just really wanna see skill get more rewarding than spraying.

Something like having a guaranteed critical hit on the first headshot any enemy receives, with subsequent hits critting at normal rates would work well (if it did not apply to redcrits).

It would also open up the door for a 0% x5 weapon, which would be amusing.

Something like having a guaranteed critical hit on the first headshot any enemy receives, with subsequent hits critting at normal rates would work well (if it did not apply to redcrits).

It would also open up the door for a 0% x5 weapon, which would be amusing.

Dat Nukor xD

being a sniper i FULLY support this but heres why....why can my 6 times forma'd snipetron vandel be outshot by a @(*()$ BOLTOR PRIME?

this guys boltor prime wasnt even lvl 30 or forma'd ONCE. as i was there when got the thing. he was getting body shots everywhere. and i was shooting people in the face like no ones business...he was killing them way before me. not by much. but SERIOUSLY. it needs an upgrade for skilled shots.

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

This would be the buff that the sniper weapon class truly needed honestly. The question that arises is whether these bonuses should only apply to weapons that use the sniper ammo pool or applied to all types of weapons?

it should be tied to all weapons IMO. but the critical damage rate should be changed to accompany it