Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Boss Idea. (Leviathan)

lightdragon64

so let me start off by saying that if the dev's have already thought of this that i didn't know about it (i don't have enough time to watch the dev streams)

so after playing the newest infested missions with the mutalist ospreys and the mutalist moas. i thought of all of the mutalist flesh that is growing on the walls of the ship within infested missions. so because that flesh can actually take controll of robotic drones and moas, then why not the ship itself?

so i basicilly i thought that somewhere (around eris perhaps) a grineer/corpus ship(s) got tangled within the infested diesease that runs rampent around that lone planet. and after an incredibly long time the ships became completely envloped within the mutalist flesh that grew rapidly around the ships. soon the flesh began to take controll of the ship and it gained a mind of it's own. therefore the leviathan was born.

i thought that the boss battle should take place in outerspace with the archwings (there aren't enough archwing missions IMO) and the way the boss would be fought would be similar to both the hive missions and the lephantas combined. it would start out with the tenno having to search around the leviathan looking for nodes to destroy so as to weaken it and bring it down to a level where it would not be able to regenerate (if the leviathan is attacked head on before this point it will just rapidly regenerate health). after the weak points are cut off from the leviathan then the second phase of the boss battle would begin.

the second phase is simple, the tenno have to destroy the leviathan head on and attempt to completly annihilate it from the outside this would be done by attacking the main nodes around the leviathan's head. there would be about 4-6 different nodes that would have to be destroyed and after each one is destroyed more enemies are spawned to help defend the leviathan. once all the nodes are destroyed the third phase of the boss battle would begin.

after losing it's nodes the leviathan would reach out with tentacles and grab the player(s) and drag them witin the leviathan itself. here the archwings would be lost and the tenno would be put back on their feet. now the tenno without their arch wings and trapped within the leviathan begin to go deeper within the creature to find their archwings and then after they have been located would have to go finish off the livithian by finding the leviathan's heart. once found a room part metal part flesh reveals a morbid looking beating heart and the tenno have to simply shoot the heck out of it. when being shot at enemies will spawn rapidly in the hopes of defending the leviathan. after the heart is destroyed the tenno would quickly sprint back to their archwings and escape the levithian before it implodes.

well that's pretty much the idea, some of it i came up with on the spot but i'm not sure if the devs have already thought of something similar to this. if so i had no idea.

thanks for reading (i know it's a long post) and i appreciate it.

PS: i don't have any concept art to show, i'm not very good at drawing so if anybody would be able to design something for this i would be more than happy to see it!

the J-3 Golem rework is confirmed at being an archwing boss. He's basically merged with an entire corpus ship, and the battle has parts that take place both inside, and outside him. Basically they've already come up with this idea, but can't blame you for not knowing if you don't watch the streams.

Edited by DrazeA