Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Good god I just realized this page is devoid of any spiteful comments or complaints about anything. I feel like I've actually helped a little bit with calming things down.

It ran out of steam. We'll probably see another surge in a few hours. Maybe one on Sunday as well. 

It'll finally die whenever DE gets around to addressing the issue more directly. Hoping the issue sees some kind of loving by Monday. Regardless of DE's choice of action that outcome will help it.

IMHO getting it should be something like after you finish all the systems you get a special mission, which has every faction in segments, all are level 100 and a badass boss in the end. After finishing that you get the Glave or the next new thing.

Glaive have a cool look, unique throwing ability, and decent base/charge damage, that's why people are whining about no bp.

WHy people not whining about Heat dagger, dark sword and stuff? Because most of weapons available in "?" alert are just bullS#&$ atm compared to others in the market, they need to rebalance them.

Anyway i support the op. I wanted to upgrade to master founder in May, i ll finally  wait a bit more to see what happened for next patches.

I also recognize the great works on fixes by DE. Really really important issues have been fixed and it's a lot. Wait & see.

Edited by Asla

I can understand Sikabs feeling and partly agree with him, but at the same time I LIKE the fact that weapons are NOT available from day one, but something you have to work for ( ingame or in real life ).  

I wouldnt like to see all players walk around with the same weapon now, thats kind of boring..

Even with my massiv platin stock, I prefer to keep patient and look forward to finding the blueprint in alert missions.

I like how it's an Alert item, like the alternate helmets and a couple of nice weapons. The only thing that would bug me is how it could appear at a horrible time where, let's say, most of the American audience is asleep/at work.

"You want the new stuff? Pay or pray to the RNG gods."  <--- That's not acceptable, and I won't support this idea.

It is not acceptable for YOU!, i'm fine with it. At the moment it's to easy to farm anything. And if they give you more stuff quicker than you can get it now, everbody would screaming for more content. So in my opinion, farming could be a lot harder as it actually is.

Glaive have a cool look, unique throwing ability, and decent base/charge damage, that's why people are whining about no bp.

WHy people not whining about Heat dagger, dark sword and stuff? Because most of weapons available in "?" alert are just bullS#&$ atm compared to others in the market, they need to rebalance them.

Anyway i support the op. I wanted to upgrade to master founder in May, i ll finally  wait a bit more to see what happened for next patches.

I also recognize the great works on fixes by DE. Really really important issues have been fixed and it's a lot. Wait & see.

Ppl don't complain about Heat Daggers (i explain it 100th time in this topic):

Heat Daggers were not in the Market on day1. It was an Alert exclusive, and it took lots and lots of weeks for the BP to appear in the Market

So Glaive and Heat Dagger is not the same issue.

I can understand Sikabs feeling and partly agree with him, but at the same time I LIKE the fact that weapons are NOT available from day one, but something you have to work for ( ingame or in real life ).  

I wouldnt like to see all players walk around with the same weapon now, thats kind of boring..

Even with my massiv platin stock, I prefer to keep patient and look forward to finding the blueprint in alert missions.

But Alerts are not necessarily the same as earning. You don't work for them at all.

Lets say - for the sake of discussion - the first Glaive alert happens in four days. 

And until then you play, every day, for a reasonable time. In that same time I play none at all. I wouldn't have touched the game at all.

Then the Alert pops, you see it in-game, I am warned via Twitter. 

We both have it now. I haven't even been playing, I just get to know the alert was going. There is no earning when it comes to alerts - they are purely RNG. A player who works none is the same as the player who works hard.

Alerts are a slot machine. It is a little game running at all times within the game. RNG layered on RNG. At any random time we get an alert that has a random chance of having a specific reward. How good you are, how long you've played. That means seriously little for that.

Heat Daggers were not in the Market on day1. It was an Alert exclusive, and it took lots and lots of weeks for the BP to appear in the Market

Yep, one was a marketing scheme. (Glaive) The other was an attempt by DE to help players get the weapon (Heat Dagger)

It's not that I'm against paying plat for something I want, I mean I paid for the purely cosmetic sentinel upgrades and have no complaints about them, but besides milking this melee weapon for plat there's no reason for it to be the only weapon on release that can only be gotten from Plat and Alert missions.

I have other melee weapons, I'll survive until an alert pops, I was just looking forward to using the Glaive, but not 150 plat worth looking forward to it and not looking forward to hoping I'm online when an alert pops.

So if the Glaive was only Alert ? then everyone would have been fine?

Yes. That would give equal chances for F2P and P2P.

As many of us said in the thread. Those of us are against this new system... we are not trying to gain items easier. We just want fair and square chances for both parties.

Most likely almost everyone. Especially if they actually included more content in this patch.

Right now there's nothing new from this patch, just a massive shotgun nerf, some needed bug fixes, yet another melee weapon (that most people don't want to buy for 150 plat) and really bad melee animation changes.

Oh ffs people. Glaive is gimicky clumsy weapin that sux if you are not hosting. It;s not a boss killer, nor crowd destroyer, yes its ranged and all but being ranged leaves you only with normall attack for melee. Jump attack has short AoE. It lacks armor penetartion or bonus dmg vs infested on normal attcks.

Yes its funny, but thats not EVERYONE will use. Heavy weapons are still better at managing crowds, daggers are still better at shredding armor, charged attacks of nearly all other melee weapons nets you 10 times more dps.

I actually glad that devs didint add buleprint on day 1, or I forsee everyone would run with it at this time and wine on forums about mad behavior of weapon and how it richoshets like &amp;#&#33; after first enemy hit.

At most Glaive will fine it use on support or low defence frames who dont like to jump into fray swinging their mighty phalick weapon. The problem is.... that people kinda like to do so, regradless of frame they use.

With Glaive you will be eaten if you try to melee with it. Its tsill better then Ankyros thou :p

Edited by derclaw

Yes. That would give equal chances for F2P and P2P.

As many of us said in the thread. Those of us are against this new system... we are not trying to gain items easier. We just want fair and square chances for both parties.

But everyone has an equal chance now.....

Having the option to buy it doesnt take away the alert drops.

What you are saying is that you want everyone on the same exact level.

And this being a game with micro-transactions, it's EXTREMELY OBVIOUS that this is not going to be the case all the time.

And this being a game with micro-transactions, it's EXTREMELY OBVIOUS that this is not going to be the case all the time.

And why is that so obvious? Also, writing in caps lock won't make your point more valid. No need to scream.

Edited by Sikab

True dat. Outside of some weapon\frame slots and now Glaive I have never spent any plat so far. Siting on my Master Founder pile of platinum, cause 0 reason to spend it.

Might be something I don't see. Why does most of the Founders think they deserved the headstart with the new weapon? 95% of them like that based on the comments purely.

Because you pay? And let me ask, who will you play with if the F2P players get annoyed/whatever and just leave slowly? You really think if this trend continues, the game will be here in like a year? Without these so called "low life freeloaders" You, and me, and the other founders will have a ppl of few hundred and what?

These "freeloaders" (as most like to refer as) should be your main concern, not the Devs. If the F2P crowd get chased away, the game as good as dead.

Mak happens to be right about that. Your odds of getting it through an alert are totally oblivious of the item's presence in the shop. That really isn't the issue, at least not the way I see it.

The way I see it the shop setup is plainly better when you can either buy it or use a Blueprint you snag in the Market. If DE is worried the Market BPs are too simple maybe now its time to raise to building cost of some weapons. 25k for the BP in the Market and 50k to construct on top of the Materials isn't totally unreasonable considering credits shouldn't be a problem for most players now.

Might be something I don't see. Why does most of the Founders think they deserved the headstart with the new weapon? 

Because we .... you know supported game in its unfinished state, having faith in devs and in return we were blessd with S#&$load of ingame currency? Thing is - I have spent like 10% of my founder platinum so far. Besides slots, and few crafting rushes I havent spent any platinum on weapons so far.

Its easy to get weapons right now by just casually playing. For those who was here from prior update 7 its just trivial if they were siting on S#&$load of credits from those times.

Devs need to find way to make constant income, since after the initial influx of Founders money I doubt people will spend that much later on.

So now they try out idea with locking Glaive in ? alert.

And as I said - Glaive is just full of SWAG, nothing more. Devs didint bring any hype, it was Krull\DS fans who brough it.

Edited by derclaw

Because we .... you know supported game in its unfinished state, having faith in devs and in return we were blessd with S#&$load of ingame currency?

You already got your rewards for supporting. Glaive isn't 1 of them.

It is in DE's best interest at the moment to do this, but it would be cooler if it's acquisition required multi-boss farming or actually hard mission(s) (raid?) in the future.

It's really not DE's fault that they were able to feasibly add only 3-5 real ways to acquire a weapon, 2 of which being classified currently as "easy/greedy," because of instant shop access; 1-2 being determinant on farming (in whatever form); and the last on blind RNG (Like farming isn't?)

They need to add an ability to actually work for gear; and I mean work, farming is not work, it's tedium for usually lackluster results of time spent. It needs to be hard to get some gear, the gear that shouldn't be in the market or even in the alerts at all (but that isn't happening just yet)

Edited by Fjarri

It is in DE's best interest at the moment to do this, but it would be cooler if it's acquisition required multi-boss farming or actually hard mission(s) (raid?) in the future.

It's really not DE's fault that they were able to feasibly add only 3-5 real ways to acquire a weapon, 2 of which being classified currently as "easy/greedy," because of instant shop access; 1-2 being determinant on farming (in whatever form); and the last on blind RNG (Like farming isn't?)

They need to add an ability to actually work for gear; and I mean work, farming is not work, it's tedium for usually lackluster results of time spent. It needs to be hard to get some gear, the gear that shouldn't be in the market or even in the alerts at all (but that isn't happening just yet)

Well to be fair getting resources requires work, it's not completely RNG. You're very likely to get at least like 50 alloy plate when you farm the right mission for it and 100-200 rubedo when you farm the right mission for it.

Though farming is a boring method. Actual challenge will come from well designed boss fights, some people are against this but a good boss fight system would allow people to solo a boss, but give better rewards to those who group up to fight the boss (thus increasing it's difficulty but offering a better reward or a better chance at a better reward. Known as risk vs reward)

You already got your rewards for supporting. Glaive isn't 1 of them.

Well.... thats your opinion I guess. Since not only founder has acces to plat. Oh wait there is more - every new acc gets free 150 plat. Why noone says how unfair that?

The funny thing with that outrage - people got used to the idea that all new weapons come with a credits blueprint attached. Which alows them to not spend a dime on game and unlock every single thing they want.

And yet it was already stated in this thread at first pages - game has alot of stuff that is ? alerts only, but since those are just variations of swords\daggers noone give a flying. But now its an effing GLAIVE alert locked, and suddenly outrage.

You brought it on yoursefl people. So much hype and drooling, why wont devs play on your desire?

Cause when I loged in and found no blueprint I thought "Oh well, good job at drooling on Glaive so much folks". I was not even mad at devs, that was effing logical move for them.

Edited by derclaw