The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Just putting my two credits in here, but to all those who say that the hype was entirely community created, your ignoring all the teasers they gave of it before the update. E.G. the literal teaser image put up awhile ago. Not to mention not the live feed created a huge uproar even before that image was out...

That image you're talking about was for founders. My company did similar things for donators, most of whom never paid us again and some of whom have stopped playing our games altogether over time. One small public mention that they forgot and one image for a group that PAID USD100 for that exact kind of thing is not hype.

I actually like how it's an alert only reward. (apart from platinum)

There's a bunch of rare weapons out there that are alert only.

Personally I'd prefer if the Glaive was alert only, and you couldn't buy it with platinum.

Lately we've been getting plenty of weapons, all of which can be crafted or bought, it's good that DE have added another weapon into the 'rare' pool of weapons.

Just putting my two credits in here, but to all those who say that the hype was entirely community created, your ignoring all the teasers they gave of it before the update. E.G. the literal teaser image put up awhile ago. Not to mention not the live feed created a huge uproar even before that image was out...

Also this:

Darksector.jpg

We all knew Glaive will come.

Seriously now, that's just speculation until they mentioned it was coming.

Speculation? After DE mentioned like a 10000000000 times Warframe was meant to be Dark Sector? There was no speculation... only "when".

I will repeat what has been said before. In no way did DE hype this. They forgot they even announced it just two days ago on the livestream. This is ENTIRELY the community's hypebuilding, they are innocent of this. They did no marketing, drummed up no hype, nothing.

EDIT: pooptextfixed

Anything they say will generate hype. Look at how the forum's attitude changes right after a livestream compared to when it is in-between. The atmosphere here is almost positive because people are excited about what was discussed.

You can't announce anything in DE's position without sending a positive charge through the whole community. This means that they need to deliver that much better - because expectations for this game run fairly high.

DE honestly can't be stupid enough to think this move wouldn't piss people off.The excitement level was so big there where threads consisting of nothing but discussion of what everyone thought you'd need to farm and how happy they were to buy the BP right away.

And then this crap. Intentional or not DE managed to patch a stinker this time. It isn't the end of the world - but you can bet it is going to make a lot of people who don't have a mountain of free plat from Founders packs worry that DE is going to stop being so good to them. 

For good reason too, the Founders pack are a great bargain - almost offsetting the high prices of Weapons and Warframes entirely - but it wont be an option forever. In the future this update would be 'Cough up 10$ or wait around for a long time.'

You should be concerned even as a Grandmaster. Your free plat will run out some day and you wont have a reset coming in the future to feel good about if you make mistakes spending. Even you could be suckerpunched with 'Cough up 10$ or wait.' every few patches. Guess you better work on never getting your hopes up so you can steel your nerves for that day.

Speculation? After DE mentioned like a 10000000000 times Warframe was meant to be Dark Sector? There was no speculation... only "when".

In that case, sticky cover is DEFINITELY coming, sometime.

In the games industry, all things are speculation until confirmed.

Anything they say will generate hype. Look at how the forum's attitude changes right after a livestream compared to when it is in-between. The atmosphere here is almost positive because people are excited about what was discussed.

You can't announce anything in DE's position without sending a positive charge through the whole community. This means that they need to deliver that much better - because expectations for this game run fairly high.

DE honestly can't be stupid enough to think this move wouldn't &!$$ people off.The excitement level was so big there where threads consisting of nothing but discussion of what everyone thought you'd need to farm and how happy they were to buy the BP right away.

And then this crap. Intentional or not DE managed to patch a stinker this time. It isn't the end of the world - but you can bet it is going to make a lot of people who don't have a mountain of free plat from Founders packs worry that DE is going to stop being so good to them. 

For good reason too, the Founders pack are a great bargain - almost offsetting the high prices of Weapons and Warframes entirely - but it wont be an option forever. In the future this update would be 'Cough up 10$ or wait around for a long time.'

You should be concerned even as a Grandmaster. Your free plat will run out some day and you wont have a reset coming in the future to feel good about if you make mistakes spending. Even you could be suckerpunched with 'Cough up 10$ or wait.' every few patches. Guess you better work on never getting your hopes up so you can steel your nerves for that day.

My "free" plat did run out. A long time ago. Then I bought more, and more, and more. And I'm out of money to pay DE with now, when the glaive comes out. You're doing a lot of assuming here, and a lot of it is not necessarily right.

I speak from a position within the F2P industry, that's why I speak up for them like this.

Unless this specifically announce it in a livestream knowing that it would hype the holy hell out of it, and expecting all the people waiting and waiting for the weapon not to be dissapointed when you have to put down ten dollars for so little content.

This isn't always true. Easy example?

"There will be another Call of Duty game."

Bam. Holy sh*t right? That is some hardcore prophetic shizzle I just laid down.

Well, actually, it wasn't. It is more like that sort of thing is an inevitability. Just like how you inevitably see sequels to extremely successful games.

I don't necessarily agree with the idea that it was common sense we'd get a Glaive in Warframe - but honestly the odds where damn good.

Lol, to be honest, I was about to spend 150plat to get it, but another friend got it, and that horrid screenshake... NOPE.

I am in no way paying for a bugged weapon which gives me a headache while using it.

Kudos to everyone who tolerates the screenshake and spent on it.

Unless this specifically announce it in a livestream knowing that it would hype the holy hell out of it, and expecting all the people waiting and waiting for the weapon not to be dissapointed when you have to put down ten dollars for so little content.

Which isn't what I was replying to, I was replying to the assumption that because Warframe is supposed to be the ORIGINAL darkSector in it's full glory, a version of the glaive is inevitable. Because it's not.

By the time a livestream happens, it's confirmed. And DE's livestreams aren't co-ordinated by marketing (take this one on faith, please), they're co-ordinated by community management, so they don't know the effects it'll have, because they aren't paid for that.

Hasn't anyone noticed that... this is just like saying, here is a new weapon which we are adding to "Alert ?"s and you can choose to buy it with platinum. (Which most should be like this). Whether or not it was platinum or not, the fact he doesn't have it NOW is his issue. Be patient ! You think you are entitled to something which you aren't!

My "free" plat did run out. A long time ago. Then I bought more, and more, and more. And I'm out of money to pay DE with now, when the glaive comes out. You're doing a lot of assuming here, and a lot of it is not necessarily right.

I speak from a position within the F2P industry, that's why I speak up for them like this.

What position in the Industry? Don't say Nexon employee. Just keep it to yourself if Nexon was the answer. Better on both ends.

Bad jokes aside, I'm real interested for you to actually come back and explain to me how you consider the fact that anything DE says wiill create Hype an 'assumption'.

Because you might have your definition of the word mixed with 'fact' in that case.

If DESteve mentioned that they briefly spoke about a gun that fires technicolor dildos and everyone at the office really liked it the next week or so would be littered with excitement about how fun it will be to violate the Grineer with it if it hits. 

If DESteve mentions we are getting it soon? Yep. Hype train has no brakes. Now it is just when.

All of this while DE sits back and watches the community. They can see the full spectrum of the hype train just fine both in-game and here on the forum. They should know how much hype they've generated.

Hasn't anyone noticed that... this is just like saying, here is a new weapon which we are adding to "Alert ?"s and you can choose to buy it with platinum. (Which most should be like this). Whether or not it was platinum or not, the fact he doesn't have it NOW is his issue. Be patient ! You think you are entitled to something which you aren't!

Or, you think we aren't entitled to something, which we should be. It's only a matter of perspective.

If they want to take all the Alert only weapons and make them purchaseable with Platinum they can knock themselves out. If they want to keep adding new weapons like this, they can knock themselves out.

But I'll make damn sure to make sure any friends or acquaintances of mine knows to just wait to get it free. I've never really had to advise another person against spending money on something in Warframe. This would be the sort of thing that'd get that started.

"You'll get it free anyway. Just wait for that, not worth 10$. Maybe you can get around to finally buying some slots or something instead."

I'm okay with "Pay or Grind for it."

I'll advise people against supporting 'Pay or get lucky someday."

agreed...to some degree. There should be more ways to obtain rare weapons that are unobtainable with Credits. 

Now you have a lot of people who are not playing--just sitting and waiting for that alert. I'm sure that was not DE's intent. No company making money in microtransactions wants to see CCUs dovetail. Mind you, I have no idea if this has happened specifically. But a look around the forums suggest many are sitting back and waiting for the elusive Glaive bp alert.

This is why I suggested it be a random BP drop off a Stalker kill..a legitimate kill--not just HP depletion until he 'ports out. 

Edited by RawGritz

What position in the Industry? Don't say Nexon employee. Just keep it to yourself if Nexon was the answer. Better on both ends.

Bad jokes aside, I'm real interested for you to actually come back and explain to me how you consider the fact that anything DE says wiill create Hype an 'assumption'.

Because you might have your definition of the word mixed with 'fact' in that case.

If DESteve mentioned that they briefly spoke about a gun that fires technicolor dildos and everyone at the office really liked it the next week or so would be littered with excitement about how fun it will be to violate the Grineer with it if it hits. 

If DESteve mentions we are getting it soon? Yep. Hype train has no brakes. Now it is just when.

All of this while DE sits back and watches the community. They can see the full spectrum of the hype train just fine both in-game and here on the forum. They should know how much hype they've generated.

There's this thing in marketing that very few people are trained to tell the difference between, and that is the line between hype and genuine interest.

Hype? Hype is BAD. Hype is a TON of short term gain for little long term profit, it's a sudden burst of money that dies fast. It's wonderful for full retail console games, and the very death of F2P. It usually is caused by large marketing campaigns.

Genuine interest is longterm profits with a VERY slow, gradual decay. It is WONDERFUL. It's caused by building community interaction and talking with your fans.

The problem is that hype/genuine interest are very similar from a distance. It's about word choice and focus and that takes a lot of work to properly decipher. They're doing things that BUILD genuine interest, but getting hype in return because of ---

The community. The community is taking honest open attempts at comment and question and interaction and turning it into a kind of worship.

The devs aren't responsible for the hype, and at this stage they can't combat it without closing themselves off to the players. That's the community's fault, not theirs. Blaming them for hype is absurd.

I just wanted to open a theard like that.

I am a free player but why blocking us?

we want to see what's the new wapone about and I didnt play dark sector and i want to see the glaive in action but i cant cues i get the BP ONLY FROM THE GODDAMM ALART!!!!!

why?