Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of All That Is Good, Please Fix The Forced Extraction In Archwing

AureusVulpes

Hello Tenno,

as it turns out our safe volume pass described here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348652-open-space-archwing-missions-extractions-and-you/ wasn't thorough enough. I have gone through the interception base levels and adjusted these again. With the next hotfix the volumes should now be more forgiving in Interception levels as well.

Please note that consoles do not have either fix yet.

I havent done those in a while, but what about the extraction timer? Is it still the same? if so, giving us more time to make it back could be a huge help. That was one of the issues for me during my last interception.

Anyone remember Motorcross Madness?

When you got to the end of the map it would jettison you back like 400 feet in the air. So fun.

Please do this.

Or do a bubble around everything.

Oh god, i remember that. i had the demo version of it. When you reached that end, you also heard a cannon shot lol

Hello Tenno,

as it turns out our safe volume pass described here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348652-open-space-archwing-missions-extractions-and-you/ wasn't thorough enough. I have gone through the interception base levels and adjusted these again. With the next hotfix the volumes should now be more forgiving in Interception levels as well.

Please note that consoles do not have either fix yet.

The main problem is really the enemies getting stuck behind the asteroids. Most people dont go close enough to the edge for any other reason. I think improving the AI of the enemies/changing where they spawn and their flight path would be a nice addition to widening the the area that players are safe in.

On the PS4, it still happens once a while (but much better compared to when U15 first hit PS4).  There is only the outerspace interception map, but the capture points and asteroid/debris field spawn location sometimes make them more susceptible.

Wouldn't a simple fix be just to delete the code that does the forced extraction?  Just have the warming ordis message is good enough.  If a tenno insist on going further out of bounds, just make him hit a virtual wall (like in trench run) or just respawn him at the map boundary.

Please, please do this.  I have been extracted several times in one day on Uranus, which is amazingly frustrating.  I can't tell you how many times I have been pulled out of missions I was winning because enemies I was required to kill were outside my allowed space.  I know you guys want to keep the immersion of a large, open area, but I can tell you nothing is more immersion breaking that being afraid to go hunt down enemies in interception or extraction missions because you are so concerned about being force extracted.

Why would you ever include a force extraction in the first place?  If I want to go so far outside the level boundaries that I get lost in space, that is my problem.  I am never just going to run out into space with the intention of quitting a mission.  I would rather that, than have the mission tell me I am not playing right and auto-fail me.  If I fail a mission i want it to be because I am dead, with no revives, and a squad of lifeless teammates drifting through space with me.  Give me the dignity of deciding when I have had enough.

First idea: Kill the force extraction.  Period.  Honestly that would solve all of the problems.  Just remove that function.  I cannot see how it is possibly any more complicated than that.  What does it matter what missions it is happening on.  I could really give less of a crap about improved enemy spawn points or AI, just don't auto fail me for trying to complete a mission.  It is absolutely baffling to me that the issue is seen as any more compex than this.

Second step: A little bit more complicated, but just put a shimmering barrier around the open space missions like in the trench run missions, and keep enemies and players inside it.  Completely removes any reason to auto extract.

Last idea: The most complicated, and the most likely to still have problems (hence the first two options, but really, just use option #1).  If there is going to be an invisible player area, then make an invisible boundary fr the enemies too.  Either one that extracts them if they cross it (see how they like it for a change) or simply one that the AI is programmed not to cross.  There is n reason of any kind fr enemies to be allowed in a region where players cannot go.  There just isn't.

Please DE, please fix this.  I am tired, oh so tired, of failing high level interception missions because I had to hunt down enemies and the crotchety grandmother known as Ordis decided she didn't like the way I was playing, and said I don't get to play at all.

Edited by (PS4)KinslayersDawn