The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Running At 100% Across 8 Cores.

Angry_Spider

I have moments in the game when my fps dies pretty bad.

My specs are as follows:

FX-8320 @ 4.2 ghz

R9 290 sapphire Tri-x edition

8 gigs of kingston ram

and I run my game at 1920x1080

At random intervals the games framerate will die and at the same time my cpu will be completely maxed out.

I have apparently had this issue for a very long time but only recently investigated.

This game is supposedly easy to run and with my system I should rarely see numbers under 60, yet I do fairly often.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you in balanced mode? or power saving? try to switch it to high performance..update your drivers too btw...8 gb of ram is not alot of you have chrome with youtube running..

Is your CPU overheating? I see you overclocking it from 3.5GHz to 4.2GHz? I believe it comes with 4.0GHz turbo

Edited by crafturtoemc

I assume you monitored the heat on the cpu when you were checking load, but also check your FSB temps and usage. This was happening to me and I ran a monitoring program that records to a log while I play. It was shocking to see my FSB skyrocket right about the time my lag started. I replaced the heatsink with a more efficient one, slapped on some new thermal paste, and all works fine now. I run a 6 core and about the same vid card and same memory as you and I'm cranking out smooth 60 fps all day long. If the hardware checks out, start looking at background software and see if you can isolate the one causing the problem (double check drivers too) 

Are you in balanced mode? or power saving? try to switch it to high performance..update your drivers too btw...8 gb of ram is not alot of you have chrome with youtube running..

Is your CPU overheating? I see you overclocking it from 3.5GHz to 4.2GHz? I believe it comes with 4.0GHz turbo

I have a noctua cooler. my temps in game max at around 70 degrees C.and I have tested this with chrome and such on and off in the background. as stated its not a memory issue.

I assume you monitored the heat on the cpu when you were checking load, but also check your FSB temps and usage. This was happening to me and I ran a monitoring program that records to a log while I play. It was shocking to see my FSB skyrocket right about the time my lag started. I replaced the heatsink with a more efficient one, slapped on some new thermal paste, and all works fine now. I run a 6 core and about the same vid card and same memory as you and I'm cranking out smooth 60 fps all day long. If the hardware checks out, start looking at background software and see if you can isolate the one causing the problem (double check drivers too) 

I am on a very stable clock speed. I have a noctua cooler running a push/pull config on it and I replaced my thermal paste just a week ago.

also. My computer is a desktop. so high performance preset is automatic.

If that is a d14or d15 cooler 70C is to hot @for that speed even A 212 or my Cooler Master GeminII S524  thats a little better than the 212 i know is not as good a d14-d15 might want to check to see if it is  on right .. i have my  GeminII S524 on 8320@4.4 that never gets over 65C under intel burn stress test and stays under 55c in games in a cheep 30$ case but i have good air flow ... check the cooler and your air flow ..

As your problem with the frame dip there have been a few bugs in last few updates so that could be the problem With frame dip