Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade / Ghost No Longer Useful For Stealth

Ethice

I've actually noticed this change sometimes after Kubrow were introduced into the game, but since DE was working on so much new content I figured I'de let that settle before bringing it up. Shade's Ghost ability made Shade a great companion for stealth running missions, but the ability at some point was nerfed, probably to make Huras's Stalk ability better in comparison ( which It's not ).

Ghost used to keep the player stealthed as long as there was any enemy unit in range. This made it exceptionally useful for players who preffered stealth in missions because one could traverse an entire map of enemies without being seen at all if done correctly. Ghost now is borderline useless since they added a LoS check and a single target proc. Any player who stealths missions understands that most of the time you don't want to be in line of sight of an enemy so most of the time now Ghost goes unused since the player is doing the craziest thing to do in a stealth mission; hiding. The single target proc makes the ability even less useful as while you could be strolling along in stealth the ability simply turns off because the single enemy It's tracking is no longer in line of sight.

Huras Kubrow's Stalk ability is not a good replacement for Ghost as Huras Kubrow are not the most reliable companion to take into a stealth mission for two reasons;

One: Kubrow movement cannot be controlled or necessarily predicted so they often wander into enemies and cause them to become alerted even if stealthed.

Two: Kubrow cannot be made to be defensive or docile like Shade by the removal of mods so there's no way to stop them from attacking enemies that they encounter.

At this point I don't even use Ghost anymore because It's no longer reliable. The way Ghost works should be reset back to how it worked before Kubrow were released.

I recently got a Shade and was looking forward to the stealth thing as described, but it doesn't seem to work as described.  Stealth just seems to come on randomly, and it doesn't make any sense to me what the conditions are.

Like for example, suddenly I'll go into Stealth in the middle of a fight, having just killed something, but with other mobs around.  Makes no sense. 

What would make sense is: if I crouch and no enemies have been alerted or are in LOS, then Shade puts me in stealth and I can then bypass enemies; the mod affects the stealth "strength" (i.e. closeness to mobs vs stealthiness).

(Don't know how this would be changed for specilialized Stealth warframes, but since I don't have one atm, I don't care, I only want some Stealth mechanic from the Sentinal for my non-stealth WFs - Valkyr, Nyx and Volt atm).

The line of sight check between Shade and the nearest enemy has always been there. I've been getting used to it since I first built my Shade in Update 8.

Also, Shade wasn't nerfed recently by any means; the most recent nerf that he had was more than a year ago.

In Update 10, Ghost was changed to operate on a timer (so, after 11 seconds, it would deactivate out no matter how many nearby enemies had a perfect LoS to Shade), and the delay between casts was increased to stupidly high amounts to the point that Ghost could no longer be relied on. The former change was eventually reverted, and the latter seems to have been toned down somewhat; but Ghost is still nowhere near as good as it was pre-U10 because of that stupidly long post-cast delay. Some alterations to stealth mechanics allowed Ghost to trigger 400% stealth multipliers for melee, though, so that's always nice.