Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The Synoid Gammacor Buff De, But....

Devarook

It now can do more damage than the Boltor Prime.

My Boltor P. build:

http://goo.gl/NL5PkL

My Synoid Gammacor build:

http://goo.gl/65PvNv

Again, thanks for the buff but isn't this a little too much?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not saying that the Boltor Prime should be the best gun but this is just ridiculous in comparison.

Edited by UnholySkript

For one thing, the Synoid Gammacor has a hardcap of 25m (meaning if you want to damage something with that, go in close [and either tank the shots or evade them, but both will decrease DPS]).

The Boltor Prime has no hardcap at all. So, that is one major advantage point over the Synoid Gammacor. 

My overall concern is about the damage rather than the comparison. I referenced the Boltor Prime due to it previously being the highest DPS gun and it being able to mow down herds of enemies in seconds. Now we have a gun that can kill even faster.

For one thing, the Synoid Gammacor has a hardcap of 25m (meaning if you want to damage something with that, go in close [and either tank the shots or evade them, but both will decrease DPS]).

The Boltor Prime has no hardcap at all. So, that is one major advantage point over the Synoid Gammacor. 

Sacrificing Pistol Pestilence for a range mod will still leave it dealing more damage than the Boltor Prime.

25m wont put you in any danger unless you are standing still. Charging them also wont be a very big issue as they will die very easily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The range thing is good point though.

you're comparing 2 weapons that aren't in the same category, so I don't think this matters much

Doesn't really matter that one is a rifle and one is a sidearm when it comes to killing things in general.

Edited by UnholySkript

Sacrificing Pistol Pestilence for a range mod will still leave it dealing more damage than the Bottler.

25m wont put you in any danger unless you are standing still. Charging them also wont be a very big issue as they will die very easily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The range thing is good point though.

That is if you use the limit of the beam (which would be quite unlikely, since the targeted enemy can simply just step back to avoid your beam). 

Really though, the Boltor Prime is a better weapon overall. Long range, manageable recoil, fast bolts, and high Puncture damage against the Grineer (which have armour damage mitigation). 

That is if you use the limit of the beam (which would be quite unlikely, since the targeted enemy can simply just step back to avoid your beam). 

Really though, the Boltor Prime is a better weapon overall. Long range, manageable recoil, fast bolts, and high Puncture damage against the Grineer (which have armour damage mitigation). 

Sadly, no enemy is currently smart enough to "simply just step back to avoid your beam" though.

The whole "which is better" thing is really up to opinion. The numbers do show which does more damage though.

Sadly, no enemy is currently smart enough to "simply just step back to avoid your beam" though.

But smart enough to run around a bit, including going backwards. 

And that Magnetic damage will fall off quite quickly at higher levels, while Puncture damage will continue on for a bit. 

And that Magnetic damage will fall off quite quickly at higher levels, while Puncture damage will continue on for a bit. 

True, though the Synoid Gammacor has so much elemental damage that you could just use the 3 configs to keep the damage going.

Referencing my links; the Boltor prime does 780 Viral and 390 Heat while the Synoid Gammacor does 3766 Viral and 1614 Heat.

If I'm looking at the damage chart right, then one could just make a build for each faction and be fine for a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chart I am looking at: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by UnholySkript

True, though the Synoid Gammacor has so much elemental damage that you could just use the 3 configs to keep the damage going.

Referencing my links; the Boltor prime does 780 Viral and 390 Heat while the Synoid Gammacor does 3766 Viral and 1614 Heat.

If I'm looking at the damage chart right, then one could just make a build for each faction and be fine for a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chart I am using: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

And not to mention: The beam deals damage in ticks, while the Boltor Prime deals damage per bolt. 

That means the Boltor Prime can deal damage more quickly, off the bat. 

And not to mention: The beam deals damage in ticks, while the Boltor Prime deals damage per bolt. 

That means the Boltor Prime can deal damage more quickly, off the bat. 

The damage shown in my builds respectfully disagrees.

34,813 vs 23,498

The damage shown in my builds respectfully disagrees.

34,813 vs 23,498

Off the bat = first strike.

Since the Gammacor needs to deal damage in ticks, while the Boltor Prime does not, that means Boltor Prime will have the advantage of speed in terms of dealing damage. 

But really, having to get close with the Synoid Gammacor to deal damage can be a deal breaker for some Warframes, despite the very, very large damage. Most of the time, it would be safer just to hang back and start spraying bolts. 

Isnt the builder a tad buggy when it comes to damage?

Usually only when a new weapon comes out and and is still being coded.

Since the Gammacor needs to deal damage in ticks, while the Boltor Prime does not, that means Boltor Prime will have the advantage of speed in terms of dealing damage. 

But really, having to get close with the Synoid Gammacor to deal damage can be a deal breaker for some Warframes, despite the very, very large damage. Most of the time, it would be safer just to hang back and start spraying bolts. 

Tapping the fire button can get around most beam weapons "tick" fire rate problem.

Still, the Synoid Gammacor does enough damage per "tick" to do more damage than the Boltor Prime does with its higher rate of fire. As seen with the DPS.

Having to get "Close" (I don't think 25m is close, pretty much everything but the big tiles involves average engagement distances shorter than 25m), for some warframes however, is really easy, or can be worked around (Volt shield, AM drop, Radial disarm are the ones off the top of my head).

Continuous damage ticks are irritating yes, but all the other beam weapons that don't have Such extreme damage have to deal with them too, and they're (continuous damage ticks) less noticeable as enemies scale upwards in endless modes.

Just to put the sustained damage of the Synoid Gammacor into perspective, I have calculated the highest possible sustained DPS through brute-forcing mod combinations to achieve the best possible sustained damage no matter what. This includes equipping crit-mods even when they make the weapon unreliable, lots of use of Heavy Caliber at maxed rank and a fire rate mod is usually present in every single build. Everything to max the sustained DPS, ammo economy and accuracy is not a concern.

Best primaries:

Opticor: 29k (crit)  or  25k (elemental)

Boltor Prime:  25k

Latron Wraith: 24k

Lanka: 26k

Dread: 16.5k

Continous primaries:

Quanta: 17.5k (beam)   or   20k (explosions, manually triggered)

Flux Rifle: 12.6k

Really good secondaries:

Brakk: 34k

Despair: 11k

Gammacor: 17k

Wraith Twin Vipers: 19.5k

Other syndicate weapons:

Vaykor Marelok: 22k

Telos AkBolto: 22k

Rakta Ballistica: 11k

Secura Dual Cestra: 20k

Sancti Castanas: 11k

And the Synoid Gammacor:  44k

The only weapon that comes even *close* to the damage of the Synoid Gammacor is the Brakk. And Brakk is a pistol-shotgun so the range falloff hits it pretty hard, making for a decent comparison between the two. 30% more DPS than Brakk is kinda ridiculous, especially since you can easily headshot with the Synoid Gammacor and it is also easier to use due to the fact that you don't have to reload as often or get up in the face of the enemy.

The numbers above tell us that the Synoid Gammacor has insane damage, and in my opinion it is a bit too much compared to the few drawbacks it has. I am not saying that it should be perfectly in line with the other syndicate weapons at 22k DPS, but it should at least be closer to them than it is now. Currently it has twice the damage potential compared to the best syndicate weapons which according to me is a bit too much.

Telos AkBolto also outdo Boltor P so there's that.

False, Telos AkBolto end up at 22k sustained DPS while Boltor Prime is still surpassing them at 25k sustained DPS. With the syndicate burst the Telos AkBolto might be better, but Boltor Prime still surpasses them for killing anything really fast and you don't need a macro for doing it.

I used gammacor in some high level stuff (T4 def surv endless corpus grineer) and in my experience its not as good damage wise as boltor prime (yes i equip right element for faction). My english not very good so im not sure how to explain. When i use boltor prime i can shower an area in bullets easily deal with groups with gammacor i point around a beam dps maybe higher but it feels like im killing slower when you fight high level group this is big problem with gammacor because you have to get close. After the point when high level enemy don't take damage from ability anymore and energy restore on gammacor stops being useful i switch back to boltor prime there is no reason to use gammacor at that point and with the short range in my experience its suicidal.

False, Telos AkBolto end up at 22k sustained DPS while Boltor Prime is still surpassing them at 25k sustained DPS. With the syndicate burst the Telos AkBolto might be better, but Boltor Prime still surpasses them for killing anything really fast and you don't need a macro for doing it.

I suppose you used different builds for testing, I couldn't get those numbers on Boltor P any way I tried.

I suppose you used different builds for testing, I couldn't get those numbers on Boltor P any way I tried.

Here is the build for the Boltor Prime which gives the highest sustained DPS: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_24000000_132-2-5-133-5-5-137-0-10-141-6-5-150-1-10-163-7-3-405-3-5-451-4-5_137-7-150-20-132-15-405-9-451-11-133-11-141-11-163-9/en/2-0-44

The damage calculation here shows as slightly lower (23.7k vs 25k), I am guessing it has to do with Vile Acceleration and how that is calculated. Should stack additively with Serration, but I suspect that it stacks multiplicatively in warframe-builder.

And here is the Telos AkBolto: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Telos_Akbolto/t_30_43000000_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-6-5-204-0-10-205-7-3-206-2-5-209-5-5-452-3-5_204-18-193-14-206-11-452-11-195-11-209-11-202-11-205-9/en/3-0-54

Note that the damage types here are not the best, with the blast on the AkBolto. But the DPS calculations I made do not factor in armor, as that would inevitably favor one over the the other. And if you are running with Corrosive Projection (which you should be doing at really high level) then the armor is not that much of a factor.

the synoid is base magnetic wich completely sucks against anything other than mid-low level corpus  (against high level ones you'll want only a minimal amount of magnetic if your weapon has an high proc chance weapon and lot of pure toxin) so it's effective dps against anything other than corpus shields is lower, not saying that it sucks but it's not as powerful as you're making it out to be and it's affected by the continuous tick ratio making you waste ammo too

Edited by bl4ckhunter

the synoid is base magnetic wich completely sucks against anything other than mid-low level corpus  (against high level ones you'll want only a minimal amount of magnetic if your weapon has an high proc chance weapon and lot of pure toxin) so it's effective dps against anything other than corpus shields is lower, not saying that it sucks but it's not as powerful as you're making it out to be and it's affected by the continuous tick ratio making you waste ammo too

Chart I am looking at: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Also, it only consumes ammo when it "ticks".

Edited by UnholySkript

I used gammacor in some high level stuff (T4 def surv endless corpus grineer) and in my experience its not as good damage wise as boltor prime (yes i equip right element for faction). My english not very good so im not sure how to explain. When i use boltor prime i can shower an area in bullets easily deal with groups with gammacor i point around a beam dps maybe higher but it feels like im killing slower when you fight high level group this is big problem with gammacor because you have to get close. After the point when high level enemy don't take damage from ability anymore and energy restore on gammacor stops being useful i switch back to boltor prime there is no reason to use gammacor at that point and with the short range in my experience its suicidal.

When it comes to killing groups of enemies it depends on how you attack them and what mods you have on. The Bolt weapons technically have Punch Through so by substituting Pistol Pestilence for Seeker, you shouldn't have problems killing groups of enemies.

Edited by UnholySkript