Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Ballistica Line Not Silent?

Magneu

Title says it all. Setting aside the glaring need for a buff on the Raktsa (honestly, bumping up crit chance/damage a good amount like 30-40% chance/2-2.5x multiplier would make me happy), why the Hek are these bow based weapons not completely silent? The lore for the Raksta even states it's an assassin's weapon, you know, sneaky, silent people. If the Raksta (and probably regular also) would get more crit stats and innate silence, it would be a fun, sneaky, headshotting machine.

EDIT:Upon double checking the wiki they are silent, but I've seen enemies start looking around for me while I'm invisible and undetected when I fire a shot off near them and don't even hit anything. If this is a bug that's better than being intended, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Edited by Magneu

Title says it all. Setting aside the glaring need for a buff on the Raktsa (honestly, bumping up crit chance/damage a good amount like 30-40% chance/2-2.5x multiplier would make me happy), why the Hek are these bow based weapons not completely silent? The lore for the Raksta even states it's an assassin's weapon, you know, sneaky, silent people. If the Raksta (and probably regular also) would get more crit stats and innate silence, it would be a fun, sneaky, headshotting machine.

Same goes for the Attica. 

A crossbow, but loud as heck (granted, some crossbows could be relatively loud, but in general, they are silent). 

Not to mention: The Ogris. 

Also, why aren't snipers like vulkar / vectis silent? What's the point of engaging the enemy from half the map away, btu still have them be able to hear your shot and trigger the alarm?

Granted, you cna use the hush mod, but at places like pluto surv / void, do you really want to lose that DPS?

Hopefully these get improved over time Q.Q

Edited by Somedude1000

I'm hoping Mesa's inherent bonuses are translated over to other 'frames, with Loki & Ash getting inherent noise reduction.

DE made enemies respond to gun noise because people were mad that you could shoot with Ash and Loki without getting detected.

Edited by Somedude1000

Same goes for the Attica. 

A crossbow, but loud as heck (granted, some crossbows could be relatively loud, but in general, they are silent). 

Not to mention: The Ogris. 

Plus the Redeemer. Its charged shotgun blast is also considered silent.

DE made enemies respond to gun noise because people were mad that you could shoot with Ash and Loki without getting detected.

Note I said noise reduction, not some other term like cancellation, and didn't specify how much. If they wanted there to be no possibility of avoiding alerted enemies via gunfire, we wouldn't have silencer mods.

Note I said noise reduction, not some other term like cancellation, and didn't specify how much. If they wanted there to be no possibility of avoiding alerted enemies via gunfire, we wouldn't have silencer mods.

Noted, my point was that having such a thing would make the change to enemy awareness to gunfire redundant, as you would be back at square one with loki and ash being able to shoot while being undetected, (though at a limited degree) while other warframes

Having silencer mods wouldn't be the first time there was an oversight in the mods we have after a change was made. Something similar would be the existence of rapid resilience reducing any real impact from elemental resistance mods (flame repellant, warm coat, (diamond skin?) etc) .

Additionally, in my experience at least, you can still shoot an enemy, and be detected even with a silencer mod on, if another enemy sees their ally dying. While they may not be able to hear gunfire, enemies seeing their allies dying usually run behind cover and are semi-alert and if you shoot someone without instakilling them, they also do this. Those mods therefore do not guarantee total undetectability, which both loki and ash did  before.

Source; http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hush (wiki of course)

Edited by Somedude1000

Additionally, in my experience at least, you can still shoot an enemy, and be detected even with a silencer mod on, if another enemy sees their ally dying. While they may not be able to hear gunfire, enemies seeing their allies dying usually run behind cover and are semi-alert. Those mods therefore do not guarantee total undetectability, which both loki and ash did  before.

Actually, being an experienced user on silenced mods, it is a bit different than what you described. 

If enemies see an ally dying in front of them, they will stand still for a moment, then go into tracking/semi-alert mode. They will not go to cover until they heard a gun noise, or spot any of their enemies. And even with the cover blown, if you have a silencing mod equipped, you can slowly sneak around enemies behind cover, and kill them without alerting anyone else (this would also count as a stealth kill in the Stealth Challenge). 

Actually, being an experienced user on silenced mods, it is a bit different than what you described. 

If enemies see an ally dying in front of them, they will stand still for a moment, then go into tracking/semi-alert mode. They will not go to cover until they heard a gun noise, or spot any of their enemies. And even with the cover blown, if you have a silencing mod equipped, you can slowly sneak around enemies behind cover, and kill them without alerting anyone else (this would also count as a stealth kill in the Stealth Challenge). 

I think I see the problem here, I usually just stand out in the open trying to snipe them, but keep in mind, you still  are not totally undetectable, once they enter tracking mode, seeing you will instantly make them alert, this is different from before when someone could use invis / smokescreen and shoot enemies without trigerring tracking mode or any sort of alertness 

Edited by Somedude1000

I think I see the problem here, I usually just stand out in the open trying to snipe them, but keep in mind, you still  are not totally undetectable, once they enter tracking mode, seeing you will instantly make them alert, this is different from before when someone could use invis / smokescreen and shoot enemies without trigerring tracking mode or any sort of alertness 

Actually, shooting with a silent gun while invisible, and killing an enemy in front of its allies will still make them be semi-alert. 

Actually, shooting with a silent gun while invisible, and killing an enemy in front of its allies will still make them be semi-alert. 

It does now, but it didn't before

This is why we got the enemies responding to gunfire change in the first place, around u11-u12 you could go invisible and be totalyl undetectable while shooting

Edited by Somedude1000

It does now, but it didn't before

This is why we got the enemies responding to gunfire change in the first place, around u11-u12 you could go invisible and be totalyl undetectable while shooting

Around U10.5 or so, they already started to react to enemies killed and such with silenced weapons, if I recall correctly. 

But anyways, the point is: We probably need a bit more silenced secondaries. And the Ballistica looks fine for it. 

Around U10.5 or so, they already started to react to enemies killed and such with silenced weapons, if I recall correctly. 

But anyways, the point is: We probably need a bit more silenced secondaries. And the Ballistica looks fine for it. 

Agreed,  we do need more silenced secondaries, I haven't objected to this anywhere in the thread, but my point there was that;

I think I've been explaining it wrong mate, it's not the guns that are the problem, it is that at one point, you could use loki or ash, and none of your gunfire would be heard, at all, they then changed it so that when shooting, enemies react to the sound, meaning, you could shoot, but risk being heard. 

Before this, you could shoot and not be heard at all, but now, you can, even when playing those two, so now the option is to use silencing mods on weapons. But using silencing mods does not guarantee you will not be heard, you cannot be 100% undetectable if you make a kill in certain situations,

There is now no such thing as "perma stealth" where enemies cannot know that you are present at all once you fire, there is always the chance they can detect you if you make the wrong move, as opposed to before, where you could just turn invisible and go through the whole level shooting enemies without being heard. 

Edited by Somedude1000

The Rakta Ballistica is designed to be used by assassins. It makes sense that the weapon is silenced.

Maybe make the charged shot silent, but keep the burst shot noisy. This is consistent with the Attica since the "fast fire" mode of both weapons make noise.