Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Boar (Aka, The Automatic Feather Dispenser)

wolfenstian

Now we all know the hate for this patch since the Hek cant snipe any more, but what about the other shotguns? well I have been a fan of the Boar for awhile now and got some very nice mods on it.

After this patch though I feel punished for even thinking about using it. Outside of lip-locking distance the Boar's damage takes a major drop to the point of throwing feathers at people. We all know the Hek needed a nerf, but did they have to bring the other shotguns into it? 

If my shotgun's most effective range is the same as my Gram's then something is wrong here. A shotgun nerf was needed but now it just seems to be pointless using any of them because even my pistol do a better job at killing things.

I have faith that DE will fix this, but right now I just feel sad that a whole class of weapons got brought down this much in trying to fix one. 

Hey,

It's a shotgun man. You're supposed to blast people's faces in, not sniping them across the map.

While I can totally see your point, it's really necessary in order for anyone to take shotguns seriously that they are ineffective at range. Otherwise it's not a shotgun. That's just it.

But the fact they nerfed all all them without any attempt to balance that out e.g. by giving them more stopping power in form of damage at close range, is a bit unfair to the shotguns that weren't considered OP before.
That is right, that is a balancing issue, but it's not really that big of a deal in my eyes. Shotguns are meant for close range, and even the weaker ones work totally fine there.

Greetings

Hey,

It's a shotgun man. You're supposed to blast people's faces in, not sniping them across the map.

While I can totally see your point, it's really necessary in order for anyone to take shotguns seriously that they are ineffective at range. Otherwise it's not a shotgun. That's just it.

But the fact they nerfed all all them without any attempt to balance that out e.g. by giving them more stopping power in form of damage at close range, is a bit unfair to the shotguns that weren't considered OP before.

That is right, that is a balancing issue, but it's not really that big of a deal in my eyes. Shotguns are meant for close range, and even the weaker ones work totally fine there.

Greetings

I don't think most of us want to snipe enemies with a shotgun from across the map. We'd settle for being able to 'snipe' an enemy from across a ten foot room.

I don't think most of us want to snipe enemies with a shotgun from across the map. We'd settle for being able to 'snipe' an enemy from across a ten foot room.

Whoah, whoah, whoah, not so fast! How are you going to snipe at such insane distances without a spotter? And a frech data on the weather conditions? You can't just point your gun in the direction of the enemy and shoot true all those feet away from you! Sniping is srs bsns!

"I completely agree, shotguns received a huge f-ing nerf, I can't believe DE did this to us, What is this bullS#&$.  Shotguns are a waste of......"

<Put Hell's Chamber level 15 on Boar and using it on Xini>

"Err never mind"

Edited by Spinner187

I don't think the Boar really got hit that hard. This gun is already designed for very close range due to wide pellet spread anyway. You can't hit anything reliably outside 10 meter range before the patch. No problem, not that much anyway.

Strun got hit in the face though.

"I completely agree, shotguns received a huge f-ing nerf, I can't believe DE did this to us, What is this bullS#&$.  Shotguns are a waste of......"

<Put Hell's Chamber level 15 on Boar and using it on Xini>

"Err never mind"

Unless your boar is supercharged then a 100% hells chamber would not leave you with enough energy to fit any other mods. So I really doubt this claim.

Edited by f3llyn

Unless your boar is supercharged then a 100% hells chamber would not leave you with enough energy to fit any other mods. So I really doubt this claim.

Xini is hardest defense mission /EQ check (as of now).

If you mean to tell me that you aren't using supercharge equipment on that mission, that means you are just a liability for the other 3 players.

Edited by Spinner187

Xini is hardest defense mission /EQ check (as of now).

If you mean to tell me that you aren't using supercharge equipment on that mission, that means you are just a liability for the other 3 players.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I'm not the one saying I'm running Xini with a level 15 boar (left unspecified if it's supercharged or not).

How-A-Shotgun-Works-In-Video-Games.png

Glad I lvl 30'd mine before the patch happened.

1 word response; Hehe ^^

Hey,

Greetings

Kinda unrelated, but I dont think I've ever seen so many neg points in such a short time.

but to be related, Hows a shotgun not a shotgun if it has range? The definition of a shotgun is a weapon that fires multiple projectiles. Hence "Shot" "Gun".

Whether the shotgun can hit and kill targets a mile away thanks to tight spread or its a blunderbuss thats ineffective beyond 5 feet because that ungodly spread, is irrelevant. theyre both shotguns because they fire multiple projectiles with a single charge.

idk bout you, but logic dictates that the pellets dont lose so much energy over a short distance of 10m that they bounce off the targets they hit.

my 2 cents anyways.