Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapon Are You Using Now? (Post Nerf Mortem Analysis)

phr0zenx

Now that it appears a huge number of weapons are affected by the recent patch, i'd like to know the following:

1a. What was your most used weapon (Pre Nerf Period)?

1b. Why?

2a. What is your current most used weapon (Post Nerf Period)?

2b. Why?

3a. What is your ideal weapon but it just didn't perform well enough to become your weapon of choice?

3b. Why?

My thanks to anyone who's willing to take the time to answer these questions.

Pre Nerf it was Gorgon for its versatility and high rate of fiere, then I switched to Paris when that one came out because I found myself going more ranged in my playstyle.. I really like the gorgon, but it eats up a crapload of ammo nowadays, so will see if I sell it for something else. Paris is hella spiffy when you get it modded and supercharged with the correct mods.

Latron

1b. Why?

Extremely ammo efficient, one-shot kills on non-heavy enemies.

Latron

2b. Why?

See above.

3a. What is your ideal weapon but it just didn't perform well enough to become your weapon of choice?

Paris.

3b. Why?

Stealth has no rewards at the moment, and the latron beats it at everything else.

___

My answers in red. As someone who barely used the gorgon and never tried the hek, the nerfs seem a little extreme, but they seem closer to the ideal spot than they were before.

1a. Braton

1b. I just like assault rifles, it was my first potatoed weapon, it's pretty much set up against any enemy, and I like the aesthetics of the weapon

2a. Might be the Burston now.

2b. Only because I'm trying to level it up. I wasn't a fan of the Gorgon even potatoed, and even though I have a fully leveled potatoed Hek, I didn't use it too often because I wanted to level other primaries. I did appreciate its power though

3a. Grakata

3b. Poor damage output. I may consider reusing it again due to its higher crit rate now but I haven't really got the chance to since I'm busy trying to level other melee weapons (Glaive and Gram) and the Burston

Argoms' answer pretty much sums it up for me.

I have a HEK, and would never ever get the Gorgon. Got the Latron after the Burston, making it my third ever Primary, and first ever supercharged weapon.

Currently I use a Braton and Snipertron for Mastery, both at rank 22. I'll only use the HEK for defense missions, as it's perfect for when enemies makes a beeline towards my general direction.

Paris, Dual Viper

1b. Why?

Paris=Challenge

Dual Viper=Leveling it up

Hek

Dual Viper

Glavie

2b. Why?

Hek=Backup weapon(when out of pistol ammo)

Dual Viper= Still Leveling it up

Glavie = Because its AWESOME

Lex

3b. Why?

Because of recoil, and slow speed

Edited by Spinner187

1a. Boar

1b. fully auto shotgun, high dps at a decent range

2a. Akbolto

2b. There is no use of using my boar any more and I don't have any good primaries so I just rely on my secondary.

3a. My original Boar

3b. It was everything that was need of a auto shotgun. short range, wide spread, but oh so powerful in that range.

Hek/Twin Vipers

1b. Why?

Because I waited 4 mastery ranks to get it and it was great for defense missions and pretty good for everything else. I also didnt have to worry about ammo while using it during defense missions.

Boltor/Twin Vipers

2b. Why?

Its really the only thing we have left besides the Braton

Paris/Grakata

3b. Why?

My paris had the bug where mods wouldnt work when hosting and it wasnt the best for defense missions. The Grakata was just horrible from what i heard and the stats i saw and the videos i saw.

Edited by theclinton

Gorgon

1b. Why?

Because my favourite missions are defense and gorgon obliterates everything once going full auto.

gorgon (but im thinking about potatoing and overbuffing a braton)

2b. Why?

Because gorgon still is a "devastate everything in front of you" button, which is nice for defense.

Braton

3b. Why?

Braton is ideal for me because it is average at everything thus being useful for any type of combat. If only it had a polarity slot or a slightly bigger clip size... I dont have the vandal version unfortunately.

1a. Braton, Aklato

1b. Versatility, joined after vandal weekend.

2a. Braton, Aklato

2b. Nothing changed

3a. Could be a snipetron

3b. Reload speed, mag capacity

Used all weapons in different setups on different frames. But no matter what i put it at or whatever will i face braton and aklato were effective enough. Nerfs had no effect for me probably cause i wasnt using hek as a sniper nor did i try to point blank with snipetron.

Edited by Davoodoo

1a. Gorgon

1b. Fun weapon to use, extremely effective vs large groups, good enough in medium-range encounters. I've nicknamed mine "The Meatgrinder"

2a. Latron

2b. I just started a new frame + weapons. Not because of the new patch, just coincidence

3a. Bo

3b. Range isn't as big as I expected it to, which isn't helped by the fact that its an anti-grineer weapon. Still a cool weapon, but I'm better off with my Furax or Fang.

Now that it appears a huge number of weapons are affected by the recent patch, i'd like to know the following:

1b. Why?

2b. Why?

3b. Why?

Gorgon.

It was a great all around weapon that I enjoyed and got a lot of mileage out of after dropping a blue potato on it. Now I regret even putting that potato in it.

Paris/Latron/Boltor

Trying to find a weapon that can work at most ranges. I may end up going back to the Braton/Burston just for respectable damage in most situation.

Oddly enough, it was the Boltor/Strun.

The projectile speed of the former threw me off, the staggering of grineer messed up my shots too. As for the Strun, I was looking forward to using the Hek, as the accuracy and damage wasn't quite what I wanted from the Strun.

Braton/Burston, Lato/Lato Vandal, Cronus

1b. Why?

Because I love Braton's RoF (not too ammo chewy) and accuracy. And Burston, because of those burst getting so much love on close to mid range.

Lato/Lato Vandal, because of it's balanced stats and simplicity.

Cronus, because that's the cheapest, fastest, and better melee I can get than Skana.

Braton, Lato Vandal, Dual Ethers

2b. Why?

Because somehow I ended up relying on Braton's accuracy for all the time, and Burston seems failed at long range, except when you can get used to it bursts completely.

Lato Vandal, because it's Vandal-buff'd.

Dual Ethers, because I'd rather choose almost universal melee that good enough to mashed against any faction. And fast enough. And looks good too.

Burston, Aklato, Fang

3b. Why?

See above.

Aklato? Because I'd choose damage over doubled RoF and decreased accuracy for a sidearm.

Fang? Because even if it's like a meat grinder from hell (RoF is almost everything to me), I can't fully utilize it because of its no-stun attribute and stamina exhausting attacks (Fury mod max'd FTW). But still a viable option for me... to maniacally shred enemies into mince meat.

P.S : Planned to get Boltor/Lex/Fang.

Boltor because of armor ignore, Lex because of sniping, Fang because of RoF.

Waiting to completely leveled up my other weaps.

You're welcome, buddy.

Fang? Because even if it's like a meat grinder from hell (RoF is almost everything to me), I can't fully utilize it because of its no-stun attribute and stamina exhausting attacks (Fury mod max'd FTW). But still a viable option for me... to maniacally shred enemies into mince meat.

Rank 3 quickrest should fix this but its still mod wasted if you dont want it.

1b. Gorgon due to having a high rate of fire and damage.

2b. Gorgon still due to its inherent properties still being there, I just have to use a lex when fighting single mobs.

3b. Ankyros its a fun weapon and has potential but as it auto attacks are not worth it.

Edited by Ditsydoo

Strun

1b. Why?

It was my only level 30

Lex

2b. Why?

With the nerf to shotguns, the lex does everything at any range. never runs out of ammo, and hits like a truck.

Viper,

3b. Why?

Ammo. I don't want to carry a weapon only to have it become useless half way through a room.

Varies. Ranged: Paris, Latron, Strun (Later HEK). Melee: Scuindo (With the alternate skin)

1b. Why?

I like bows, the Latron fulfils my sniping desires and has good ammo economy for the damage it does, Shotguns always held a place in my heart, especially shotguns that were not regulated to melee range to be useful. The Scuindo with the Manticore skin is as slow as the hammer but looks so neat and can still cut enemies in half despite being a hammer with a blunt wedge and nubby spikes.

Paris, AKBOLTO, Latron, Scuindo (Manticore skin)

2b. Why?

Similar reasons. But my love for the bow also extended to pinning corpses to walls with blue nerf darts. The shotguns no longer are useful unless I'm Rhino because I can't get close without being shredded. And if I am close, I'm not going to waste time shooting marshmallows (Shotgun pellets) at enemies, I'm going to axe them.

Grakta, Ankyuros

3b. Why?

I really enjoy submachine guns, but the damage is crippling. It has a beautiful crit multiplier but I have to be inside of enemies to land good shots even if I just tap the trigger. Then I'm just better off using the Latron. I also LOVE unarmed fighting. Even if our ninjas have only mastered Boxing, it's still fun to punch enemies. I just wish the weapon performed better. Regular melee swings in general are pretty poor right now.

Paris

Lato Vandal

Ceramic Dagger

1b. Why?

Paris=Why not, it's a bow and I like them

Lato Vandal=when sh*t gets bad cuz it wrecks face

C. Dagger=looks cool, ninja feel.

Same as above.

2b. Why?

Same as above

Cronus

3b. Why?

Isn't as good as gram/fangs/DE and doesn't look as good as C. Dagger.

-Gram, Dual Heat Swords

1b. Why?

-Kills all the end-game bosses within 15s or so.

-Gram, Dual heat swords

2b. Why?

-I look more amazing now that I've been indirectly nerfed by the changes to Hek and Gorgon.

-Dual Zoren

3b. Why?

-New players think it's good since it kills trash easy, but in reality, it's DPS is crap on high health targets. I'd RATHER use the Hek in it's current overnerfed state than the Zorens.

Edited by Ravtek

Latron

1b. Why?

I have it supercharged and it 3-4 hits level 35 Grineer and 3 hits level 40 infested

Laton

2b. Why?

Same Reason as before

Braton

3b. Why?

Was 7-8 hitting Grineer and Full auto

Lex+Strun+Dual Ethers

1b. Why?

I like the Lex, and the Strun fills in for its weaknesses.  Ethers let me stunlock anything I can't burst down.

Paris+Akbolto+Glaive

2b. Why?

Pinning enemies to walls by their faces turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected, but both weapons have ammo problems.  The glaive is nice for improving ammo efficiency/speed by letting me hit enemies around corners.

Paris

3b. Why?

Running out of ammo.

Hek

1b. Why?

Amazing mid-range shotgun.

Fell in love with the Braton. 

2b. Why?

When modded with Split-Chamber, Serration and Piercing Hit the Braton becomes amazingly lethal against any Faction. Even better than the Hek Pre-Nerf IMO.

Paris.

3b. Why?

The Paris is by far the most fun weapon to use IMO. But on high level missions it`s just not worth it.

Edited by Sugarmama

-Gorgon

1b. Why?

-Acceptable accuracy, high clip size, good damage

2a. What is your current most used weapon (Post Nerf Period)

-Hek

2b. Why?

-Because gorgon's range isn't better than a shotgun and on close range shotguns outperform any rifle

-Latron

3b. Why?

-Low damage, low fire rate, completly useless against infested